“Nice new hotel, good location, helpful staff”
Review of Nap Patong

Nap Patong
Ranked #9 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Definitely a nice hotel and it helps that it's new. Patong is what it is and this hotel is close to the beach and an easy walk to some of the better bars/restaurants like Joe's Downstairs (go there for sunset drinks).

The rooms are nicely fitted out. The staff were very helpful and polite. Would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGM77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed January 21, 2011

Hip or boutique hotel, whatever, it's one of the finest hotels in Patong for the
huge spotless rooms with huge balcony, gorgeous bed and linen, contemporary and modern design, fabulous and solid wooden furniture, helpful and smiling staff, nice rooftop restaurant and plunge-pool (plus working elevators, free wifi, beach towels, sleeper, bathrobe, in-room safe, free mini-bar, large closets, CD-DVD player, flat TV, rain shower, etc). They just didn't pile bricks, they did a simple yet sophisticated interior and outward architecture. I love the rooms, you seldom feel so likely to unwind in a hotel room such as the Sea's. Thankfully The Sea hotel is located in a quiet area (this hotel is quiet itself with 39 numbers only) but 5 mn walk only from vibrant Patong nightlife and shopping district, 1 mn away from beach. Convenient stores, restaurants and food stalls, bars, ATM etc ... nearby. My overall impression is excellent value for money. Ask rooms in the back, opposite The Nap. I already booked The Sea again for my 2011 fall holidays.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Pros
-Located near the beach but not at core of the hot-spots which is noisy and overcrowded
-big comfortable rooms with many good amenities(decent brand of hairdryers, fridge, soap unlike noisy broken down substitutes)
-staff i met with was mostly helpful(they initiated to help me call the travel company when my pick-up was late)
-wifi internet, a couple of iMacs & iPadsfor use near the lobby (all Apple products, very supportive)

Cons
-information was needed (directory of service, room service menu, etc...) -->had to dial 0 for everything then they would transfer me to another department
-breakfast menu was mostly the same throughout my stay, minimal changes to the menu so its quite boring
-Pool bar was non-existent(no one was manning the bar on most instances) -->understaffed?

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed here for 10 days ending a couple of days ago. The resort is modern and located close to the beach and about 10mins walk from the main street of bars and clubs.

My biggest criticism of the hotel is the staff. They are EXTREMELY unattentive, miserable and often make you feel like you are doing them a favour being there. There is of course a couple of exceptions to that. The cleaners were so happy and friendly and Pat the guy serving behind the bar was also always happy and made you feel welcome. The bar and restaurant is, in the most part usually pretty empty, but I am astonished that the management cant see this is down to the customer service and how the staff interact with the guests.

I had to be moved from my first room after day 2 because of the unbearable smell of sewage in my room every morning. In fact it was so bad it woke us up each day. The new room however, did not suffer from this problem and in fairness they moved us without quibble.

Happy hour at the pool bar was from 4, but rarely was there any staff at the pool bar so you had to chase staff around the building to get a drink. Breakfast was pretty poor based on other 4 star hotels. It was adequate but barely, and again the thing that sticks out most is the moodyness of the staff in the restaurant during breakfast. Asking for more coffee you would think you was asking them to make you a 10 course dinner.

Pool was good, albeit deserted most days, but again id put this down to miserable and unwelcoming staff pushinng people away to more friendlier environment. I have stayed at many hotels in Thailand, and in the main staff are always friendly and polite in the land of smiles. The management of The Nap Seriously need to fix up else people just will not go. There are so many other better options around a LOT cheaper as well. Price isnt cheap for what you get and I agree with previous posters that room cleaning could be more thorough. I believe however the cleaners have time constraints on cleaning the room which is crazy, when its done its done should be the way!

Hope this review helped, just my opinions of my stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank UK-THAI-OZ
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The hotel is very well located, a bit pricey for deal seekers but if you are looking for great amenities, I would choose the hotel. We stayed 4 nights over Xmas 2010 and though we did not stay in Patong beach (too crowded) the hotel was well located if you were looking to eat out outside in the evening, either walk left or right of the hotel and restaurants were plentiful, 2 mns walk. The service was great, Thai people are genuinely nice and friendly. Reception staff was welcoming. They have a small little people which was fine for me. Overall I enjoyed it and had good fun in phuket.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AvidTravelerBuddy
Reviewed January 3, 2011

When we 1st reached the hotel, we are greeted by wonderful reception. Warm smile. The place is clean and new. The potter is very friendly. As we arrived early, we left our luggage at the lobby and proceed on with our activities as the check in time is 12pm. There is a small tiny mistake in the room number when we got back at night as our room 304 which was given to me at check in was changed to 303. But the staff is efficient in settling that. No issue on it.

The room was clean and spacious. What i liked about it is that it came with a balcony. It came with a 21in, i think Samsung flat screen with Apple TV. There is also a Sony midi hifi with DVD playback capabilities and free wi-fi. The shower room is separated with the toilet which is good. My only complain that the water pressure is a bit low. The bed was comfortable. There is also a sofa area with a small low table. It might be a slight hazard as my wife tripped over it and fell on the floor as she turn around after opening the curtains. But overall was 4.5/5.

Breakfast was provided by the hotel. Though not much choice but it was good. It is not fair to compare to 5stars hotel. We had choice of omelet, fried rice, porridge, and some simple buffet spread with cold cuts, breads, pastries and fruits. The food was nice. The staff there was great. We are always greeted with a smile and the 2nd day onwards they remember our room number.

The location is only 5mins walk to Patong Beach which is excellent. Being far away from Bangla road is a good choice as we are not party goers. But even though, Bangla road is only about 10-15mins walk away.

Our last day, we were even offered a shower room to clean up before we head to airport for our night flight back. Amazing service.

The staffs there really makes my stay very pleasant there. They will help to call drivers when they are late. We are always greeted with a smile no matter which time of the day.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed at the Sea Patong on 2 occasions in December for 10 days as we travelled around Thailand. Nice large clean rooms which were cleaned everyday, with rain showers and large balcony with fan and sofa. Flatscreen TV connected to a decent CD/DVD speaker system with dvds available to borrow from reception. Large beds which were very comfortable and a complimentary mini bar which was restocked every day with water and soft drinks. Free wifi aswell as a pc with internet connection in reception which is free to use. Bar/Restaurant was on the roof terrace next to a decent sized pool. We opted for bed and breakfast which was buffet style with fruit and cereal to start and then the kitchen cooked your breakfast as you liked it. Breakfast was also open until 10.30am so you didn't need to wake up ridiculously early to eat breakfast. Location is about 10 mins walk from Bangla Road so its nice and quiet at night and the beach is only around 300 metres away. Staff were extremely friendly and even took 20 mins to phone our ferry tour company when we were leaving for Phi Phi the following day to sort out a problem. All in all a very nice hotel which is reasonably priced for Patong and we would definitely stay here again. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple