“Good Location but Disappointing Stay”
Review of Nap Patong

Nap Patong
Ranked #8 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Good Location but Disappointing Stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I picked this hotel mainly due to its good reviews and considering it is only a few months old. The hotel photos online seemed very modern and all surroundings / rooms look very clean.
I booked two twin rooms (for 4 adults) from 19 - 24 December.
Check in was ok although the staff were not really that attentive.

On our first night, one of our rooms (room 420) has a blocked drainage in the shower and it flooded when my husband used the shower. Also there was a considerable size of permanent black stain that looks like faecal waste sitting at the bottom of the toilet. I have raised this to the housekeeping staff and was told not to worry as it is a black cement stucked at the bottom. As we cannot stand looking into this each time we use the toilet, I have asked to be transferred to another room the following day.

Location of the hotel is good, just a few minutes walk to the beach and restaurants. Another good thing is the free mini bar with soft drinks and water provided.
During our stay there was a Phuket Festival down the road (close to Patong Beach) and the loud music travels down to our rooms each night.

I believe our rooms are made up everyday but I found that the bed linens do not appear to be fresh, in fact one of them has a soiled / stained mark which I found unsatisfactory.

Breakfast is ok although there is not much variety. The staff are not as helpful and lack customer service.

We had an early flight so we had to check out at 4.30am. When leaving our rooms, my husband advised that one of the room robes was not replaced.
Apparently my husband used one robe and dropped it on the floor along with all the used towels. He noticed that this robe was not replaced after the room was made up. Unfortunately my husband forgot to advise me until check out. I said, don't worry, I will explain it to the front desk.

At check out, I spoke to a guy called Tum and told him about the unreplaced robe.
He said that the hotel has to charge me 1,500 Baht (approx USD 51 Dollars) for the missing robe. I was very unhappy and disappointed to be in this situation and as our taxi is waiting and we had to leave for the airport to catch our early flight, I paid the amount asked reluctantly.

The hotel could have first investigated and then come back to me with feedback later.
However I guess what I cannot accept is to be charged for something which I have NOT taken and to be charged too much for a very old, used and rag looking robe.

I also left a message to the Hotel Manager to contact me and give me a feedback, however it has been more than a week and I still haven't heard from Nap Hotel.

This explains the reason why I am very disappointed with my stay at the Nap Patong Hotel. I believe other hotels with good service commitments would have handled this situation a lot better.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Ayi2408

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 29, 2010

It was my first trip to Phuket and The Nap was perfect!
Take a 3 minute stroll to the right and you will find the beach.
While a stroll to the left will take you to a busy road where there are rows of seafood stalls at nite.
The location was quite strategic for me as I was not planning to be close to the nitelife in Phuket. I feel that this area is not as "sleazy" as the areas near Bangla road. :)

As for facilities, I was really satisfied!
We got free cold drinks daily in the mini fridge, an iron plus ironing board, hairdryer, rubber slippers, beach bag and towels.
Breakfast was also quite extensive. Egg station, cereals, breads, fresh fruits and salads, and more.

Overall, I would certainly stay at The Nap again if I return to Phuket.

2 Thank Dadut
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Having read previous reviews we were a bit dubious before we arrived BUT were very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is a 15 - 20 min walk to Patong Beach - but that's a good thing. Outside the hotel itself is a deserted beach and there are other little coves nearby. You can walk to 2 of the area's best restaurants - Baan Rim Pa and Lim's. Plus Joe's Downstairs - a clifftop bar - is a few minutes away.

The staff are lovely and eager to help. We didn't have our promised seaview room at first - but they moved us to the top floor seaview room without complaint. We loved the room - comfortable bed, sofa - and a terrace. The view is incredible.

Breakfasts are basic but fine - you won't be hungry. We broke the habits of a lifetime and ate in the hotel one night - food was fine, really good and cheap.

I would recommend this hotel over any in the centre of Patong - it's quieter and more peaceful - but you're only a tuk tuk ride away if you're desperate for more hustle and bustle.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank finland123
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2010

we stayed in this hotel in Nov 2010 in the daydream deluxe room on the ground floor. Everything is brand new with a very modern design. Its basically a very nice place to stay in Patong if you dont want to spend a fortune - we paid under $500 to stay here for 5 nights. its not 5 star - but as long as you dont expect it to be you will enjoy your stay here.

the restaurant had nice food, breakfast was good. although we got in late one night and wanted to order room service but they shut at 11pm. this is where the FREE mini bar comes in handy which is restocked every day.

friendly staff - especially at the bar, the girl that served us every night was just lovely.

location was good - only 2 blocks from bangla road.

The only bad thing about our stay here was that we booked a double room but on arrival were told there were none available and we basically had to accept a twin share room until once became available - this was a bit disappointing but we didnt let it ruin our stay. The only other thing was that the beds were a little hard.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed December 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed in The Nap Patong and loved!!
Brent new modern hotel close to the beach in quite location.
The room was very clean, the linens were changed every day, nice balcony with great sites and very good bar and restaurant at the ground floor.
I totally would recomend this place to everybody who want to know Phuket but want to stay away from the crazy of downtown.

• Stayed December 2010
thessaloniki
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Stayed at the Nap couple of days and it was very pleasant stay. The room was specious, quite and clean with all the amenities and facilties required. The Breakfast had a lot of options and was very good. Staff helpfull and made our stay even better. Small minus the cost of food and beverages at the Hotel's Restaurant was a bit overpriced.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed at the property early December 2010. I chose this hotel because of its location and that it is a new property. We checked in around 2.30 pm but the room was not ready and we had to wait around 20 mins more before we could check in.

We stayed in Daydream Deluxe, with pool view. The room is spacious and well-decorated, simple yet modern. We are impressed with the design and quality of the furniture and electrical appliances in the room. The first night was fine; we had absolutely no complaint, except for the inconsistent water temperature from the shower. It’d be either be too hot, nor too cold, no matter how hard we tried to adjust it. I asked the front desk how to adjust it to the right temperature, but the answer I got was that they would send somebody up to fix it. Also, I asked them to help fix the light in the shower, but the front desk staff was more interested in answering the phone, than taking note on my request.

The third evening we came back, we found that the light was not fixed; the towels were not changed, even the floor mat was left damp on the floor. Nothing in the room had been moved nor arranged; amenities in the bathroom were not refilled; the bed linens were not changed and smelled stale every other day. The room was left dirty a few nights. The hair that was on the floor would still be on the floor when we came back to the room.

The rug on the floor was left dirty for a few days before they eventually removed it from the room, but instead left some sand, which I believe was under the rug, on the floor instead.

Only the last two nights, which I believe female housekeeper(s) was cleaning up the room, the cleanliness of the place was more acceptable.

Breakfast was adequate, sufficient variety, although I expected more from a four-star hotel. Quality of the food was acceptable, except for the juices. The staffs at the restaurant were not friendly and hardly greet anyone. I would never get my tea served unless I asked for it. The big build stocky male staff was the only one, who was friendlier and more accommodating than the rest.

The hotel location is great, close to shopping, restaurants, and the beach, yet quiet and relaxing.

I would consider staying there again, but I would expect a much better service from a hotel with this star rating.

3 Thank breakofdawning