“What a find”

Ranked #6 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Palm Springs, California
“What a find”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have been traveling to Phuket for over 15 years and have stayed in many different hotels.
The Nap is a gem.
Wonderfully appointed rooms with all of the conveniences you could want! Even though there is a lot of construction going on around the hotel it is still very quiet! Try the breakfast buffet as it features many different types of food. I particullarly like the cheese selection and fresh fruit and fresh made fruit juice.
The staff is warm and friendly and very willing to accomodate your every need.
Enjoy to pool for a morning dip or a lengthy swim. It is long enough for any avid swimmer.
If you enjoy a spa treatment this is also available for a nominal charge.
Let the hotel know when you are arriving and they will pick y ou up at the airport. Yes there is a fee for this service but worth eliminating the hassle of a taxi.
The beach is only a short block away.
Come and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
TheNapPatong, Marketing Communications Officer at Nap Patong, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate on your kind word about The Nap. We delight to hear your stay most enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back our hotel in the near future

Best Regards
The Nap Patong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

After looking on tripadvisor at all the reviews of this hotel, the wife and I decided to go ahead and book this hotel for or anniversary stay in Phuket. Upon our arrival at HKT, we were met by our shuttle driver at the airport even though our flight was delayed from Bangkok(Our shuttle was not free as some have stated) Once we pulled up to the hotel I knew immediately that we had made the right decision. As other have stated the hotel takes on a modern chic approach. Our room was big, airy, and well appointed design wise. The room had a huge balcony with along comfortable lounge bench and view of the pool. The bathroom was gorgeous! The only negative I can speak of is that there seem to be a slight problem with ants. Not a big problem, just every now and then we would see an ant. I guess the hotel was fully aware of it, because they sent a guy to spray our room one day(we hadn't mentioned it)
Everyone on the staff was all smiles and an absolute pleasure to deal with! I see were the saying "Thailand the land of smiles" comes from. The breakfast had a nice variety of western and Thai cuisines. While some basic food items stayed the same, they did have a different variety of choices from day to day. Everything tasted great in my opinion.
I will close this out by saying the location was perfect. Close enough to the action of Patong if thats what you are looking for, but on a quiet street at the end of Patong beach for those who crave a sense of solitude. The beach is only a 3 min walk and there are tons of places to eat around. Overall a wonderful experience and I would recommend the Nap to anyone!

1 Thank kayoticworld
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was there with a friend, two females, we loved the place. The hotel is clean. The staffs are friendly. The environment is quiet. A good place for relaxing. :)

• Stayed September 2011
Manchester
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is our 3rd visit to Thailand and usually we book off the reviews on trip adviser but this time I think we stayed at a different place than anyone else.
We had booked in for 7 nights. When we got there we were shown to a very grotty room. After asking for a different room we were shown 3 more & finally picked room 407 which was the best of a bad bunch. We were only given the 4th floor as an option so if you go ask for an alternate floor. I wish we had. Please see photos.
The staff were so so, but I don't know where all the smiling helpful people where that are talked about I think they must have all been on holiday the week we were there.
The location if fine but the whole hotel needs a good makeover. The rooms are very tired & distressed. Reasonable prices but you get what you pay for & there are a lot nicer hotels in the same price range. The only good thing about this place is the room maid named Aor.
We would not recommend this hotel & would certainly not return.

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room before you commit.
melbourne
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Great location, 3 min walk to the beach, 10 min to Jungceylon. Lots of fresh seafood places to eat as well as many others. It is much cheaper than down the other end of Rattathid rd.
Rooms are huge with so much bench space and 2 areas with stools for laptops,Free wireless internet which worked very well. 32" plasma and DVD player and sound system. Very small fridge with no ice making facility. Free mini bar every day (not alcohol) Balcony is fantastic. We had one that faces the back and was secluded by trees. The balcony also has a great white leather day bed and over head fan. Pool is only small and on the roof with the restaurant with a great view of the sea and mountains.The staff are very friendly and cant do enough for you. If you like smaller more intimate hotels then this one is for you. The Nap hotel is next door and part of the same group. They had happy hour twice a day with cocktails for 110THB ($3.60) and local beer for 50THB ($1.60) We have stayed in many places over the years and would come back to The sea Patong for sure. We stayed there for 24 nights.

Room Tip: choose a room that faces the back of the hotel as the other face another balcony from neighboring ho...
6 Thank JCSalley
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I’m perhaps in the minority here, but when it comes to choosing hotels, I like the contemporary feel, the small touches and minimalistic design approach. The Nap has this and more (or should it be less?) Paying high prices to stay in stale, dark, ornate (where all furniture’s are made from dark timbers) hotel rooms is simply not my preferred thing, if it is your thing, then read no more.

After reading numerous reviews and flipping through endless user-photos from tripadvisor, I found the Nap, Patong. I viewed their website and was on the phone to reservations, I have since forgotten the name of the gentleman that answered, but he was polite and to the point. The handling of my online reservation with my credit card was as efficient as any 5 star hotel worldwide. I received my online booking notification and hotel information about 10 minutes after I put the phone down. My expectations were brimming!

After agreeing a wonderful deal including round trip transfers, I was set. The driver was waiting at the arrival area, and had a clean 4 door sedan to shuttle us to the hotel. Note: the arrival area reminded me of the scene out of 2012 disaster film with the chaos that was unfolding (my most glowing remark about that film). So my advice - arrange a hotel transfer pickup.

Checking-in was fast and professional, the hotel exuded charm and had an open air feel to it. I was informed of a complimentary upgrade (thank you Nap) and was shown to our private villa with pool (shared with 3 other villas). I noticed the hotel’s motif was turtles so that played right into my eco-friendly nature.

The rooms were exactly what I was searching for this holiday. Not cluttered, comfy, abundance of natural light, modern bathrooms and of course a pool at our doorstep. I can’t speak for the other room types (4 of ?) but through the quick peeks here and there, they followed the same design philosophy. Another great aspect was the truly complimentary mini bar, I haven’t eaten so many Pringles in my life.

The location was great, a short walk into the thick of Patong, and 3 min’s walk to the ocean, which was surprisingly clean considering the few jet skis and para-sailing boats sharing the same stretch.

We ate at the restaurant for breakfast each day (part of the package), and although there weren’t oodles of choices like at the Amari or Le Meriden, the quality was just as great and the choices were more than enough for the gastric connoisseur. Service was wonderful and you were made to feel special.

All in all, a wonderful time was had, and I will be going back for more. The only gripe (just one) was my spider sense telling me the tour operator located in the hotel may have charged a very nice premium when I booked a full day island hopping excursion (Bamboo Island). I checked with the outside tourist stands and asked the guests whom were occupying the adjacent villa (they recommended that particular tour) and the price they had paid was some 40% less then the price I paid for the same tour with the same in-house tour operator. I come to expect that certain in-house hotel services have an inflated service charge, but 40% is a bit too much when compared with the outside providers. Rule of thumb, check the prices before committing, or be happy to pay for the convenience no matter what.

I regret not asking why the other guests paid so much less than we did (going through the same operator) but what we got from this day tour, in my mind, was still value for money. And in the end, isn’t that what we all want.

Go check the Nap, Patong out! It may be what you are looking for too.

2 Thank Arcm1972
London
Reviewed September 13, 2011

A really great find. Great service, lovely and clean, modern and chic. Free internet, complimentary mini bar, and good food (breakfast was excellent too). Superb value for money. Free shuttle to shopping centre, too.

Room Tip: Hotel Feature Tip : We had a room that opened up on to it's own, yet communal pool. Great additi...
1 Thank journeyliz