Lowest prices for your stay
$45
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$45
Trip.com
$28
Hotels.com$45
Priceline$39
Travelocity$45
2,035 results
All reviews free wifi large balcony deluxe room welcome drink airport transfer short walk to the beach nice pool phi phi jungceylon shopping centre night life nap phuket mam massage bangla nightlife action
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I’m perhaps in the minority here, but when it comes to choosing hotels, I like the contemporary feel, the small touches and minimalistic design approach. The Nap has this and more (or should it be less?) Paying high prices to stay in stale, dark, ornate (where all furniture’s are made from dark timbers) hotel rooms is simply not my preferred thing, if it is your thing, then read no more.

After reading numerous reviews and flipping through endless user-photos from tripadvisor, I found the Nap, Patong. I viewed their website and was on the phone to reservations, I have since forgotten the name of the gentleman that answered, but he was polite and to the point. The handling of my online reservation with my credit card was as efficient as any 5 star hotel worldwide. I received my online booking notification and hotel information about 10 minutes after I put the phone down. My expectations were brimming!

After agreeing a wonderful deal including round trip transfers, I was set. The driver was waiting at the arrival area, and had a clean 4 door sedan to shuttle us to the hotel. Note: the arrival area reminded me of the scene out of 2012 disaster film with the chaos that was unfolding (my most glowing remark about that film). So my advice - arrange a hotel transfer pickup.

Checking-in was fast and professional, the hotel exuded charm and had an open air feel to it. I was informed of a complimentary upgrade (thank you Nap) and was shown to our private villa with pool (shared with 3 other villas). I noticed the hotel’s motif was turtles so that played right into my eco-friendly nature.

The rooms were exactly what I was searching for this holiday. Not cluttered, comfy, abundance of natural light, modern bathrooms and of course a pool at our doorstep. I can’t speak for the other room types (4 of ?) but through the quick peeks here and there, they followed the same design philosophy. Another great aspect was the truly complimentary mini bar, I haven’t eaten so many Pringles in my life.

The location was great, a short walk into the thick of Patong, and 3 min’s walk to the ocean, which was surprisingly clean considering the few jet skis and para-sailing boats sharing the same stretch.

We ate at the restaurant for breakfast each day (part of the package), and although there weren’t oodles of choices like at the Amari or Le Meriden, the quality was just as great and the choices were more than enough for the gastric connoisseur. Service was wonderful and you were made to feel special.

All in all, a wonderful time was had, and I will be going back for more. The only gripe (just one) was my spider sense telling me the tour operator located in the hotel may have charged a very nice premium when I booked a full day island hopping excursion (Bamboo Island). I checked with the outside tourist stands and asked the guests whom were occupying the adjacent villa (they recommended that particular tour) and the price they had paid was some 40% less then the price I paid for the same tour with the same in-house tour operator. I come to expect that certain in-house hotel services have an inflated service charge, but 40% is a bit too much when compared with the outside providers. Rule of thumb, check the prices before committing, or be happy to pay for the convenience no matter what.

I regret not asking why the other guests paid so much less than we did (going through the same operator) but what we got from this day tour, in my mind, was still value for money. And in the end, isn’t that what we all want.

Go check the Nap, Patong out! It may be what you are looking for too.

3  Thank Drew M
Reviewed September 13, 2011

A really great find. Great service, lovely and clean, modern and chic. Free internet, complimentary mini bar, and good food (breakfast was excellent too). Superb value for money. Free shuttle to shopping centre, too.

Room tip: Hotel Feature Tip : We had a room that opened up on to it's own, yet communal pool. Great addition!
1  Thank journeyliz
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The Nap is situated in the best location in Patong-A quiet location,just minutes to the beach,and only a 10 or 15 minute stroll into the centre of town.The facilities are new,with an excellent swimming pool,and attentive staff.The rooms are modern,the bed comfortable,and with excellent aircon! We thoroughly enjoyed our 9 day stay,and would not hesitate to recommend The Nap as the best Hotel to stay at in Patong.

Date of stay: September 2011
2  Thank Nigel H
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Myself and 2 friends stayed at the Nap Patong for 5 nights in Aug 2011. We had an incredibly long trip from Dublin, so the fact that they supplied a complimentary airport pick up was very appreciated, especially considerate taking in the fact that our connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket was delayed by an hour. On arrival we were presented with fruit juice and a cool towel which is a lovely touch. We requested a third bed in our room and I was expecting a sub standard cot, but it was a good quality mattress on a standard size single bed. The non smoking room was huge and airy, the bathroom was typically spotlessly clean with a beautiful walk in rain shower. A large flat screen tv, complimentary mineral water and mini bar (consisting of soft drinks and minerals) were also supplied, There is free wi-fi and the connection is fast. The balcony area is large and pleasant and the pool area is also particularly nice to lounge around at instead of making the trip to the beach for a change. However the beach is only a 5 minute walk away so there really is no excuse. All of the staff were incredibly professional and friendly and were a pleasure to deal with. One small criticism I have was concerning extending our stay. We decided to extend our stay for another 3 nights and when we approached reception to arrange this, they advised us of the price and then told us it would be cheaper to go to our room and book online through Booking.com. I still dont understand that..... I would have thought having the client standing there in front of you would lend to the hotel being able to organise an extended stay more easily,and of course offer a discounted price, but that was not the case - odd.
Anyway the hotel is sufficiently far away from the madness of Bangla Road so as to avoid the noise and associated seediness, but close enough within walking distance or 200 THB in a tuk tuk if you prefer a night out. The bar is nice and the cocktails are decent. But its very quiet which is a shame because it could be an excellent spot.
I would return to the hotel as it is so lovely, but would have second thoughts about Patong itselt.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank paulas1001
TheNapPatong, Marketing Communications Officer at Nap Patong, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write the review regard to your recent stayed at The Nap Patong. We delight to hear you enjoy your stay with us and the comment toward our staffs and services is appreciated. Our pleasure to service you. We all look forward to welcoming you back our hotel in the near future

Again, thank you for the great time with us

Best Regards
The Nap Patong

Reviewed September 2, 2011

The Nap is situated right near all your shops, massage places and the beach but still away from the noise of Patong Beach. The staff were extremly helpful especially when my dad was unwell. They are always friendly and happy to assist. The pool is beautiful and the food at the hotel is amazing yet very affordable. The happy hour and buffet breakfast were both great. Amazing service and facilities considering the price we paid.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write the review. We appreciate for your kind words about The Nap. We glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.Our pleasure to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Best Regards,