“Less "touristy" places nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Orchid Garden

The Orchid Garden
Ranked #107 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney
“Less "touristy" places nearby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were looking for a new place to eat and stumbled across Orchid which was pretty full. The menu was very extensive catering more to tourists with a lot of western food on the menu, however the Thai selections were quite limited. But, with the number of people in the restaurant it must be ok.

Well my partner and I ordered Thai and my sister ordered pizza. The Thai entrees were pretty good but the mains were bland and lacked flavour. The pizza was good which is probably why the western menu was so extensive, definitely catering to the tourists.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant as somewhere to go if you want traditional Thai food but if you are looking for "food from home" then I guess it's ok. For me though, I wasn't that impressed.

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Best seafood in Patong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Orchid garden was full of people & seemed to have good prices for seafood and meals. I had a small BBQ fish for 300 Baht with rice & the meal was great. It was definitely enough for one person. I also had a fresh mixed fruit smoothie for 80 Baht & it was also great. The staff spoke English well & were very attentive. The restaurant is one the same road as the Jungceylon shopping centre but further up on the other side. It's probably a 5-10 min walk from Bangla Road.

Visited July 2013
Abu Dhabi
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were in a large group and we took a set meal...there was loads of food for big lads, all tasting great...will be back next year as the service was good too.

Visited April 2013
“Good food and value cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I were in Patong almost 3 years ago and after looking around for a good clean restaurant we found this, a variety of tasty well presented food dishes and excellent value cocktails. We returned to Patong and hoped we could find this again as we stayed in a different hotel, we did and once again were not dissappointed. We also discovered another eating place owned by the same owner called Delish, same menu and drinks and pricing. Been to both, thumbs up.

• Visited June 2013
UAE
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

There was about 16 in our group and the Orchid Garden staff could not do enough for us. The owner organized a mix of Thai food for us to try and it was second to none.

• Visited May 2013