“Great food great service, well done.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Orchid Garden

The Orchid Garden
Ranked #112 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great food great service, well done.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I thought that Thai restaurants had lost their touch until recently. I found 3 great places in one week during my 2013 holiday. I have visited the Orchid Garden on previous holidays and have been pleased with my choice, this year i see changes there that work. The food selection covers just about every base. The food and service is outstanding. The food is well presented and well portioned. Readers will use this restaurant more than once during there stay. Well done Orchid garden team, I will be back, probably tonight.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
singapore
“Definitely not Getting what I paid for”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been to Phuket a few times and I have tried plenty of restaurants there. This restaurant simply did not measure up in terms of value for money. First of all, it is a casual restaurant so yes, the prices you are paying aren't exorbitant. But for the price you are paying here, you can really get food a lot better in terms of quantity and quality at other restaurants in Patong (which I shall refrain to name, read my other reviews of Patong to find out more).

I was here with my family so I ordered a variety of dishes for sharing. The pineapple rice and Pad Thai were average and the vegetables and meat we ordered came in small portions.The spaghetti with seafood was the lowest point of my meal because I was expecting much larger portions and better quality with its price (200+ Baht), especially considering how I got a much better version at a lower price at another casual restaurant in Patong.

I am absolutely surprised at the positive ratings I have read for this restaurant after my visit. Perhaps the non-Asians who have reviewed this restaurant have not tried enough of Asian food to know what they should be getting at such prices. That said, I would not say that this restaurant is an absolute nightmare. You do get very average food that is at least not unpalatable. I rated this "poor" simply because it is poor on a comparative basis. walk around and try more restaurants and you will know what I mean.

• Visited February 2013
Perth, Australia
“Nice Thai menu”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Good Thai food and also caters heavily for western cuisine. Very affordable. No frills!! Very busy so try book a table.

1 Thank Knight356
Benidorm, Spain
“Great estaurant with great food!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nothing to dislike, brillliant place with great food, especially the seafood. Professional and attentive staff.

Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Absolutely fantastic !!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We discovered this restaurant several trips ago and although we did try to find other little gems to dine in,we always ended up back here .The staff are genuinely friendly and very helpful and polite.Nothing is too much trouble and they make you feel very welcome.
The restaurant is spotless and has a diversified menu.The quality of the food is outstanding,very fresh and well presented. It has lots of room,caters for children and has never dissapointed. us. You cant beat the 120 baht cocktails either.Please management ,don't change a thing!!Even if you are not number 1 on trip advisor ,you certainly are in our books

• Visited November 2012