“Good location, clean and fresh rooms- excellent value for money! Would recommend”
Review of Amethyst Residence

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
Amethyst Residence
Ranked #268 of 322 Hotels in Patong
blackburn
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Amethyst in December 2011 between Christmas and new year. We booked through agoda and paid around £22 a night.  We got off to a rough start as the receptionist firstly told us there was no room available but offered us a room at a nearby hotel. After asking for our money back due to the inconvenience he then told us 'actually' there was a room for us.  Once the issues were resolved and he kindly helped with our bags we were pleased to find a nice fresh and clean room. It had a balcony, good air con, tv, safe and complementary water. There was a 'wet room' with shower, sink and toilet. For the price the Amethyst is ideal and in a good location. Close enough to  road and the beach but far enough to not have to hear the racket! It has shops, quiet bars and restaurants within easy reach and nearby taxis and tuk tuks. The only negatives I could say are:-
*several mix ups with members of staff over room and booking
*my boyfriend and i got bitten under the sheets at this hotel and not really affected elsewhere (stayed at several hotels on this holiday)
Despite these negative points I would certainly stay at the amethyst again and for the money you can't complain! I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2011

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Located on a side street within easy walking distance of the beach and nightlife, the Amethyst Residence was a quiet haven in lively Patong. The owner, Gary, provided advice and support on everything from snorkelling sites nearby to travel across the island and over to Phi Phi. Room décor was pleasing and the accommodation comfortable. The only minor drawback was that in my case the shower was an integral part of the washroom – so the floor could get a bit slippery.

Accommodation didn’t include breakfast, but eating facilities are nearby at the intersection to the side street. The APK Hotel cafeteria is on the SE corner – but I recommend the little place on the NE corner – where meals were a fraction of the price and the service friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Cdntraveller066
Bli Bli, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This Is a great place to stay in Patong only a few minutes from the Beach close to the Bars and Food outlets and Jungceylon Shpooing, The rooms are good value for money, the Staff are good and most importantly the rooms are clean and safe, If you are looking for good value check in here you will not be dissapointed Hero the manager is a good man

Tony

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2011

After the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor I was expecting better.

I found my room to be dirty, a simple 'rush job' clean with hair in the bathroom, dirty towels, etc. Main issue was broken shower head that could only be hand held, and hard to control water temp (more of general problem in most of Thai hotels).

However the free wifi was fast and the location is handy to Jungceylon and the Patong nightlife, while the staff were friendly.

I didn't give the hotel an opportunity to fix the problems as I only stayed 1 night and needed rest rather than testing complaint resolution skills. Just expected better.

• Stayed February 2011
nicedad51, Owner at Amethyst Residence, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
I am sorry the guest did not complain about the condition of the room when first checking in, as the issue wouild have been addressed immediately. During this, our first high season since opening, we have been fully booked and on occassion have struggled a little bit to have all our rooms clean and ready for new guests checking in. I really question the 'dirty towels' comment and the broken/loose shower head has been fixed. There is no problem with water temperature control, it simply takes a minute or two for the hot water to come out but after that, there is never a problem with maintaining a constant temperature. All of the issues mentioned could have, and would have been addressed within minutes had the guest taken the time to call the front desk. I have also take steps to ensure that this situation will not happen again in the future, having rooms double-checked before new guests check in. We pride ourselves in working to maintain the good reputation that most of our previous guests have created for us.
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a month from October until November while I was taking a course to teach English. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. The people at the desk were very pleasant and helped with absolutely everything that I asked for. The room was clean and a good size. It was not very loud as it is down a soi from the main road. The walk to the beach takes about 10 minutes and it is close to Jungceylon and Bangla Road. I will definitely be back at the Amethyst Residence.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank james m
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Caution 1 - Smoking is prohibited. I am sure half the people won't like such a hotel.

Service ain't that great, not very friendly like other Thai hotels.

Great location though, hardly 5 mins from Bangla and 10 mins to the beach. Rooms are good, newly built, no elevator though. I stayed there for 2 days and than changed my hotel, all my friend were smokers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Dundee
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was originally booked for 6 nights but was told i would have to move rooms about 5 times when i got there. I told the owner it was unacceptable and he more or less tried to blame me. I have never experienced this before and i have been travelling for 30 years. I said i would move once but that would be it then he agrred to give me two nights money back when i moved out after 4 nights. The beds were hard as a brick, the pillows were like punch bags. i got some bad mosquitto bites here. The hotel is located on a very frightening Road that is not that well lit in places. Thought I was going to be run down at some points.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
nicedad51, Owner at Amethyst Residence, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
When the guest was checking in, she was advised that we had the room type available as requested by her, but that because we were fully booked, she would not be able to stay in the same room for the duration of her 6 day stay. I also explained to her, that had she booked the room directly through our website and not through WOTIF, that I would have been able to notify her of that at the time of her booking. WOTIF has no provision on its website to be able to notify potential guests of this type of situation. She was NOT told that she would "have to move about 5 times", in fact I told her that she would have to move after the first night, and again after the 4th night - a total of 2 times, not 5. I also explained that our staff would look after moving any of her belongings from one room to another, to make the inconvenience as minimal as possible for her. I also offered to refund her 2 nights of her stay when she asked about shortening her stay - which I had no requirement to do so, as per the booking conditions she accepted when she made the booking through WOTIF. She accepted the offer and moved out after 4 days, having only been moved 1 time during her stay here. During those 4 days, she gave no indication to any of the staff here or myself of any other concerns or complaints about her accommodation here. I believe our other reviews will demonstrate how her complaints are unreasonable, unfounded, and to some extent clearly untrue.

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels