“a bit pricey compared to other MK”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of MK Gold Restaurant

MK Gold Restaurant
Ranked #177 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Malaysia
“a bit pricey compared to other MK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our trips to Thailand will always see us having some meals at MK restaurants one time or another, and MK Gold was no exception. We just loved their chili sauce and the green noodles. Service and food wise, MK Gold is okay but just that it's abit pricey compared to their other MK restaurants in other parts of Thailand. It could be due to the location in Jungceylon (high rental/high tourists traffic) which we found other eateries there also have a slight higher pricing compare to other locations in Phuket.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Steamboat/Hotpot at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ordered a lot of vegetables and pork and beef. Dim sum (steamed food) was excellent and a definite must try is the crispy pork and roast duck (small: 370 Baht, large: 740 Baht).

Went there again before I left to buy a set of crispy pork and roast duck for my family back home. Review from them: Excellent!

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Worst experience ever should be called MK BRONZE & NO PORK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am just back from there and this is my honest story and experience... I have been to Mk all around Thailand on several occasions and this was the worst service I have experienced. I went in with my wife for lunch and we ordered a combination plate of red pork/ crispy pork and a few dishes of veggies for the hotpot and green noodles also a plate of kale. The veggies arrived shortly and we threw them all in the hotpot so they are steamed by the time we get the meat.. Few minutes later the noodles were delivered ( no news yet on the pork) meanwhile as we were very hungry started eating the kale and the steamed veggies and the noodles...we both were wondering at this stage where is the pork? The initial waiter that took the order was nowhere to be seen so my wife asked another waiter where is the pork dish that we ordered about half an hour ago? He said he will check and let let her know.. About 5 minutes later he was back telling my wife in Thai that BOTH RED AND CRISPY PORK are finished and they only have DUCK lol what a joke.. At this stage I was pretty angry and asked to see the manager to express my disappointment and the reason I walked in there to eat the pork with the veggies and not veggies alone... He just shook his head no word of apology or if there is anything else he can offer.. So I told him that I am not paying for the vegies dishes and noodle which were still 3/4 full and walked out.. As a result I will never step into any MK ever and this place should be not be called MK GOLD and not even MK BRONZE. This place lacks service and positive attitude and its pricey compare to a lot of other Thai restaurants in Phuket where you can get much better Thai food and service. After I left they charged my wife 300 baht for the little vegies we ate lol what a shame

• Visited June 2013
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
“Some good, some bad and little pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I went there even though it is not really my style of food. The duck was exceptional, but the rest was just average, and with the price tag I would try something else.

• Visited May 2013
Argeles
“My favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Best duck and crispy pork, good choice of menu
Do it yourself Chinese fondue
Service excellent
Very clean and reasonably priced restaurant in Patong

Visited May 2013