“Try the roast duck!”

Dining options: Reservations
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Try the roast duck!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The duck is so good, I think it beats the hotspot hands down . Ordered a combo with roast pork and they deep fried it so it's extra crunchy as well. I find the soup for the hotpot so so, ordered the veg set, it comes with a bit of udon n tanghoon and lots of fresh vege. Just add on a few side dishes n the duck, good for a family of four. Bill came up to 1400baht n would appreciate if they could issue bills in English so that we know what we r paying for. Will return again for the duck!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Good food good experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Good food good service. A restaurant chain that is good value. Pleasant decor. A safe choice for those who want to be in a restaurant as apposed to the more adventurous who like places with plastic chairs.

Visited July 2012
Hong Kong, China
“cheat money, worst service”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Actually I am writing about MK Restaurant not MK Gold Restaurant, but I noticed from their name card that those restaurants are in same company group, and I cannot find MK Restaurant in tripadvisor. I think the travelers should also pay attention all restaurants of this company group, because MK Restaurant tried to cheat us money and provide very bad service with service charge!

When we sat down in MK Restaurant, I asked for water and warm water for my mother (elder), then they gave us glasses of water for 8 people each, a pot of hot water for my mother, and placed 2 new bottles of water on the table. When we checked the bill, firstly, they gave us a bill with “Thai” only…. This restaurant is not a small one in the street, but a proper one with nice decoration in a biggest shopping mall Jungceylon in Patong of Phuket, we don’t understand why the bill was in Thai only without English in a tourist area! Then, we asked for explain the charges, but found that, secondly, they charged us 4 bottles of water plus 1 hot water. We have been in Phuket for many times, we have never been charged for hot water and non-mineral/distilled water even in any other countries and luxury hotels. And, we didn’t order, open and drink those 2 bottles of water on the table. They also have never told us the glasses of water were chargeable when I requested, and they did not tell us they have only chargeable mineral/distilled water (they said nothing when I requested to have water). In addition, we did order some other drinks already. So, we requested to cancel all unreasonable water charge, but the waitress expressed very unwillingly. Afterwards, she came back with a new bill, she just cancelled 2 bottles of water, but she still charged the hot water and other 2 bottles of water and explained that she cancelled 2 bottles of water on the table already. My god! I didn’t order any bottle of water, plus we didn’t open and drink those, they put those on the table without my request, of course they can’t charge! She actually refused to cancel the unreasonable charges and was trying to cheat us money. This is not the problem of amount of money, but such their dishonest behavior cheat tourists and bad attitude were unacceptable. We requested again to cancel the water charge, another waitress (seems a manager) still try to insist to charge us, she showed us the menu stated mineral water’s charge, then we repeated again and again we didn’t order any “mineral water” and the waitress did not ask for how many bottle of mineral water, how come they can charge a numbers of bottles?! Finally, we spent 20 minutes to request them to cancel the unreasonable water charges in the whole case. At that time, I fully understand why the bill was in Thai only even in such a not small company group of restaurants.

Moreover, the service of waiters and the waitresses were very bad, they ignored our needs when we hand up for many times for order/request something in due course. We requested some bowls to share the soup, the waiter only put all bowls at the corner of the table, but didn’t pass to anyone.

This is not a cheap restaurant in local, but they provided such worst services and cheating behavior! I highly recommend NOT to choose MK Restaurant, and pay attention about other restaurants of their group including Thai Restaurants, Yayoi, and MK Gold Restaurants.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Y Z
Singapore
“Expensive by local standard...”
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Was here again yesterday as I always visit this place when I am in Phuket.

This is a traditional Thai steamboat place and the chili sauce is the trademark and still is. Pretty consistent with its sauces, steamboat items and it's roasted duck and roasted meat which is also the trademarks of mk. Overall food is good and consistent.

However, dislike the service staff. As I can speak Thai, I understand the Thai language. When we were given the drinks menu, we were not very keen as we wanted the food menu as we were famish. I overheard the server mumbling "given the beverage menu and also don't look at it" which annoys me. Immediately I replied in Thai saying we were hungry and she felt awkward after that.

The restaurant is located in the biggest mall in Phuket jungceylon and very convenient. Atmosphere is a typical steam boat restaurant...

1 Thank alanyeo76
Seattle, Washington
“Ala Carte was not authentic”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Chinese food. Average expectation of chinese food is usually pretty high on average and this falls well below standard.

It's simply not authentic. I'm not quite sure how it wasn't possible to find someone to help advise this place on how to run a Chinese restaurant?

Tea was served luke warm in coffee cups. Now I'm not sure which culture has ever found it acceptable to serve warm tea? Never in my life have I ever given myself or a guest warm tea and I honestly don't see how that wasn't easy enough to avoid. Off to a bad start.

We weren't having hot pot, so we ran through most of the menu that was ala carte. Their hot pot might have been good, so please refer to other reviews regarding their hot pot, I literally have no opinion on that and have no reason to believe that their hotpot would have been worse off for the observations I make on their ala carte menu.

Their bbq pork was good. The duck was pretty awful, not fresh and hardly any meat on it. Pork spare rib portion was tiny and quality low again. Custard bun was excellent.

I noticed in the kitchen they were making decent use of a microwave... didn't see what for exactly but it certainly seemed to be part of their processes.

Desserts were all very nice.

• Visited May 2012