“Nice but noisy”

B-Lay Tong Phuket
Ranked #65 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 22, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank CV990coronado
There are newer reviews for B-Lay Tong Phuket

Reviewed March 19, 2014

1st trip to Phuket, Stay at B-Lay for 3 nights. Arrived very early 6AM, try my luck for early check in but was asked to pay a full day rate for a room from 6AM to 12PM. Ok I don't want to pay that and its still dark outside so I decided to wait at the Hotel. Ask for any rest area I can take a short nap and was tell only the lobby area. So my girl have to sleep on the tiny sofa in front of the front desk with people walk by and I just do some work with my laptop there. Not even offer a drink or something and again was ask to buy my own refreshment at 7-11 nearby. At this point I was really disappointed despite I paid quite a high price for the stay.

At last we get to check in 2 hour earlier than their standard check in time of 2PM. Check in was fast but the check-in staff is totally unfriendly without a single smile, other staff are ok and talk politely. Start from this point the experience is getting slightly better. Was lead to the room and explain on stuff like the non-free minibar items, luggage is carry by the bell boy.

I have a Pool Access Room and it is fantastic in term of the design, space, cleanliness, and very cozy. The bed suit me and able to get good sleep throughout the stay. Bathroom is clean with special rainshower and wood tile, however turn out this is my greatest complaint of the hotel. The shower pressure is way too low, and result in the water temperature is very very difficult to adjust. I never get to adjust a comfortable temp for the whole stay! Its either too cold or too hot. The bath gel and shampoo make my skin and hair too dry and itchy luckily I bring my own. Lots of mosquito are already expected so I brought my electric mosquito repellent and didn't get much bites of it. Balcony and the small pool outside is very clean and nice to use it. Shaded with some plants outside make it very private. TV have quite a few channels but not much on English, luckily they have Starsports which I able to catch the opening round of F1 2014 qualifying.

The provide 2 pair of beach sandals, pool towels, 2 umbrellas, and a beach bag which are very useful. However they did not change the pool towels during housekeeping which I expecting so. Aircon is good and easy to get the temp I want. About 6 power socket available so no problem to charge all the electronic devices and handphone. However, WIFI in the room is totally unusable. Complaint to the counter and was told that is out of their control and nothing has done. Ask for LAN and was told not available in the room, and was asked to use WIFI or PC in the lobby! I bought a 3G Thai Sim but again totally no network reception inside the room and even in the private pool outside! So I have no way to access the internet for works and planning my trips during the stay, very very disappointed. Ok so everyday I headed to the lobby to get internet and there is not even a single fan there making it very hot and sweating, and with the mosquito start attacking you. This is definitely not what I'm paying for.

Breakfast is good, not many choices and everyday are 80% the same. Each person given a voucher/day for a drink at B-Hive but the cocktails got not much taste. Hotel pool is special and facing the beach with sunset view. Beach is just across the beach. Walk to the happening Patong area is not near, at least 20mins walk and you better take a tuk tuk for 200bath around Patong regardless of the distance. Room and hotel is quiet enough for a relax stay.

B-Hive serve quite many choices of food with slightly high price. Good atmosphere with live performance but the food was served extremely slow.

Check out at the midnight has no issue, done within 3mins. Most of the staffs around the hotel are very friendly with a smile except for 1 or 2.

I will say I really like the hotel, facilities, design, and art works everywhere. It is also built with good quality. However the experience could be much better if their staff can be more helpful. They are friendly, attentive, but lack of solution and most of the time doesn't help in your problem. Plus side are they did help me to call a local car rental with their own number, let me print a few pages of documents for free, and photocopy my passport for car rental but I guess these are very standard for a 4 Star hotel.

I really hope I can return to this hotel for the next Phuket trip but I guess I will be checking out the others.

Room Tip: Pool Access 414 did not face afternoon sunlight so good for those who prefer a cooler balcony in the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KangYoon
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Definitely will come to the hotel during my next visit to Phuket. Everything from speed of check-in to the room was great.
Hotel staff is very professional and efficient, hotel amenities are great, décor and design are fantastic! Room is clean and spacious.
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the hotel and my stay at the hotel. It was an absolute pleasure to stay there. Hope they will maintain their standard and keep the good job!

Room Tip: If you are travelling as couple - there is a room with a jacuzzi on the balcony ;)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank SichusA
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was our 7th trip to Patong, so we knew what we were in for. The BLay is a lovely modern resort opposite the beach at the quieter end. We had a pool access room which was lovely, so nice to be able to walk out of your room and have a dip or swim a lap or 2.
The facilities at the resort are very good...a beautiful infinity edged main pool overlooking the beach....the water at the beach was the cleanest I have ever seen it.....beautiful.
The breakfast was amazing, in fact the food in the resort was very good, a high standard, my husband said it was the best Massaman Curry he has ever had....and he has had many.
The gym has plenty of equipment, more than most resorts...
Overall I would be happy to recommend this resort to anyone, it was a nice change from Traditional Thai resorts. We will definitely like to revisit this resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank margid56
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stay at Grand Deluxe room for 4 night, we love the room and the hotel so much. The swimming pool is awesome, too bad my wife was sick during the trip we can't really enjoy the facilities well. The room is spacious and the Jacuzzi on the balcony is real big. The location is a little far from the center of Patong, you can always get a ride opposite the hotel. There is a little letdown as there is no breakfast included for the booking. But we still wish to come back again when we visit Phuket in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tenddyooi
Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's my second time here at B-Lay Tong Phuket and sad to say, my stay this time round compared to a year ago is worlds apart.

This trip started on the wrong foot with a plane engine fault en route to Phuket which resulted in a three hour delay. We requested for hotel transfer beforehand and made sure to notify the hotel regarding the delay as soon as we could but were still made to pay for the initial trip the driver made.

When we finally checked into our room, we were greeted with cracked flooring, a desk that was badly chipped, and a very unpleasant bathroom.. nothing like the pristine condition it was in a year ago. The silicone strips in the shower area appeared to not have been scrubbed in a really long time and had scum all over. The decking was rotting from prolonged exposure to water, the concrete beneath it was cracking and some parts chipped off, and there was hair and a layer of dirt gathered at the corners.

But that's not the worst part. While there, I started noticing itchy, red spots on my arms and body. What I initially dismissed as mosquito bites turned out to be bed bugs after consulting a doctor when I got home.

The staff at B-Lay Tong provide impeccable service (especially the team at the poolside bar) and it's unfortunate and disappointing that the standard of the property does not match up to that. With a wide range of other accommodation to choose from in Phuket, I'd definitely think twice before choosing this hotel again. Please do something about the hygiene and maintenance of the place, the current state it is in does not do justice to the Accor brand at all!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ecinriv
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and our deepest apologies for the room quality issues that you experienced.

We routinely treat our rooms for pest control and have not received any bed bug issues since the hotel was reopened in Nov 2011. However, measures have been urgently taken.

We will be winding down our high season occupancy soon and will start our low season maintenance program shortly.

We would like to welcome you back, so please contact our reservations department.

Wesley Hayden

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week in November last year. My boyfriend had contacted them saying we would be arriving on my birthday and the staff had a cake and a beautifully decorated bed waiting in our room which was extremely thoughtful. The room was amazing especially the Jacuzzi on the balcony which overlooked the beach! one small down point was that our balcony door wouldn't lock but we were hardly concerned about security. We also loved the pool-it was literally just across the road from the beach.
The hotel staff were also extremely friendly and helpful throughout our entire stay and we will definitely be back on our next trip to phuket.

• Stayed: November 2013