“AMAZING!!”

Ranked #57 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have been here for 3 nights already and extended our stay another night. The pool is amazing lots of sun loungers there are some in the water too which is pretty cool.
Great swim up bar.

And the staff were awesome so friendly and so attentive

Its in a great spot on the beach front just out of the hustle and bustle we hired a scooter which is a 30 sec walk down the road. Right next door to a 7/11.

Takes 5 minutes max to scooter to the heart of Patong. And the last thing I will rave about in the excellent breakfast!! So many different things to choose from and so delicious.

We are only leaving as we had already booked phi phi accommodation.

Thanks so much for such a great stay x

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe on the 4th floor with a great view of the pool and ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We - two couples from India stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in their basic room during Sept 17- Sept 20. It is a good property at the extreme end of the hub of patong = about a km walk to Bangla Soi with nice comfortable spacious rooms with balconies - not much of sea view though, look of a boutique hotel with huge well placed sea facing infinity pool (sad that the overhead wires hanging on the poles in patong, takes away some of the infinity effect.) Family with kids may feel a little disheartened about the location being little desolate and a free regular tuk-tuk service is highly recommended. The tariff inclusive of Breakfast is steep when compared to most other hotels in Phuket which would encourage residents like us to avail of "room only". The staff at reception and the .pool look not well trained or enthused to quickly serve the guests with a smile and welcome feel. While the desolate location gives the opportunity to the hotel for the beach to look far more private. they could do well by putting in few of their own beds on the beach across the street for their guests. Complimentary cocktails during sunset were great. We ere surprisingly denied the loyalty point for having booked through third party website which deters me from staying in Accor group hotel anymore. A good hotel with great potential provided they could make their guests feel more welcome, train their staff to be more courteous, smiling and accommodating. Concierge was very good.and helpful although largely dependent on internet. The customary welcome drink were missing and the hotel was miserly about late check-outs. Overall - decent value for money with great potential provided they are willing to push themselves a bit. The plunge pool surrounding the periphery of the garden rooms make the hotel look cheap, without them they can make better use of the big area. Moving around from one wing to the other through the open stretch in rain without any staff offering to escort with an umbrella can be non 4/5-star like.

Room Tip: We did not have the audacity of looking at various rooms with staff looking too busy and slightly u...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manoj_Poddar
BKK
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed at B-Lay Tong on 12-14 Sep 13 on my leisure trip.

After landed, first surprise to me was transfer-in to the hotel that I booked a week before. I booked for a Toyota camry for 1 person at THB1,200 per way but it turned to be a local private van company instead of hotel’s limousine without any notice from hotel.

Arriving at the hotel was the only my impression from the hotel; 2 bell boys provided me a warm greeting and helped carrying my luggage to room.

Check-in was just OK, did not meet my expectation for 5-star hotel; I asked front officer to check me a balance point of Le club accor, she said she will get back to me but no contact from her until I departed the hotel.

Check-out was just OK too, but nobody helped carry luggage to the car.

Room experience: Bedroom section is nice. Good arrangement in placing room’s facilities. Room is large enough to place bed and daybed which faced pool view and partial sea view. Balcony is a plus this type of room.

Bathroom section: Also good arrangement in placing lavatory that separate wet and dry area. Good quality in bath amenities. But the big problem was drainage. When I showered with rain shower, it flooded to dry area to sink area.

F&B was the worst service in this hotel; around evening time on the second day, I ordered room service for food and Ice lemon tea. 15 minutes passed I got hot tea. No apology from staff service!! Moreover, he asked me to sign F&B’s bill first with frosty expression of eye and sarcastic word. Again, I ordered room service at night time and get the same feeling and action from staff service.

I really do not know whether they thought I am Thai tourist or a money boy around bars that come to stay in their guestroom or not but no matter who is hotel’s guests whom order or use services in the hotel, the hotel’s staffs should have the same standard to serve the guests and have a great attitude to all type of guests.

So really disappointed for standard of hotel’s service and would not recommend Thai/local guests to stay at this hotel until management of the hotel changes attitude of their staffs.

Room Tip: high floors have a nice partial sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Due33
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We would like to apologize for these unpleasant experiences. I am disappointed that our Front Office did not get back to you.

Your reference to your treatment in our restaurant will be addressed immediately!

I will try to contact you for more information and to invite you back personally.

Wesley Hayden
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Above expectations and beyond imagination! I'm talking about a quite big size hotel (8 acres in Patong beachfront) but only 123 rooms.

This weekend I visited Phuket and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to know an old friend, who is also the owner of this hotel. I was just so excited to come to Phuket and had no expectations but to just have a good time. I came with an open-mind to fully experience the hotel...and WOW!! I had one of the best experiences of my life! I met so many cool people from all over the world in this one hotel, the staff was so friendly and helpful that I know the majority of them by first name by the time I left, and this hotel is located right across the beach with all the water sport rentals (so convenient!). Readers, come to this perfect hotel because it has become my dream hotel and hotel of choice. I would definitely recommend to friends and family! Thank you P'Boy joob joob: ).

• Stayed September 2013
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and great location. Everything was on a walking distance. Right infront of patong beach. Had a great time! Room was really good and spacious and clean washroom. I loved the pool too. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

When we first got here,the lady from the reception was very friendly and spoke very good english, took us to our room, and showed us all the important things we need to know.our luggauges were carried by a bell-boy.
The room who had a private pool(shared with 7 rooms) is awesom!! The room itself is very big and the bed is comportable.. We got an ipod dock and led tv.
The shower is amazing because you can turn the water that will be from above you.
In the room you have a free mini bar (soft drinks and 2 bears) and they refill it every day!
The hotel gives you a free drink every night between 18:00-19:30
:-)
The pool is awesome and has a view to the ocean!

We will come back here for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Great to hear! We will look forward to your return.

Wesley Hayden