“Just Perfect!!”
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket

B-Lay Tong Phuket
Ranked #69 of 333 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I really enjoyed staying i this hotel. B-Lay Tong is located bang on beach front. You can see the huge waves from the hotel reception lobby area.
YES, they did have some negatives but overall I would rate this hotel 5 star.

Goods:
1. Perfect location
2. Beautifully crafted rooms
3. Very courteous and helpful staff.
4. Awesome pool, it reminded me of the infinity pool of Marina Bay Sands (Singapore)
5. Free cocktails and drinks every evening at beautiful club facing beach.

Bads:
1. Bad breakfast menu. They did not have any options for vegetarians. Specifically the waiter in restaurant was not too good with attitude.
2. This hotel does not entertains requests of late check outs. I had a flight late in evening and requested some extra hours which was flatly refused by front desk manager. But I think they had planned guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We are very happy that your overall stay was great.

Thank you for bringing the breakfast selection and service to my attention. It is duly noted.

Wesley Hayden

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Modern, funky, clean lined hotel. We took a room with jacuzzi on balcony, pool access room also looks good. Staff are friendly, helpful and speak good English.

Pool is one of largest I've ever seen in a hotel, over looking beach so you get coastal breeze as well. Plenty of sun loungers & great menu. Restaurant for evening dining is also grand and has a cool atmosphere.

Due to our departure flights we could get a late checkout free of charge, and for an extra fee we had our room until 7pm which was a godsend to be able to have another day at the pool and then shower etc for a night flight.

If I return to Patong I'll be staying here!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook pool, some have pool access (but no view,) others a jacuzzi. There's not a ba...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

We are truly glad that you enjoyed our facilities, especially the pool.

We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose to stay here based on reviews on this site and have ti say I was disappointed overall.It felt like it was trying to be something other than what it is, with varying levels of service, sincerity and attitude. The building itself is no architectural beauty, cold and concrete, reminiscent of a UK council estate, not warm and inviting at all. The pool area is the nicest part of the hotel, but I was put off on my first day by Russians smoking in the pool itself.

I had booked a spa room and was told that I had been upgraded to a suite - sounded good, the room was huge, but right on the road between the hotel and the beach - so noisy. Yes, i had the sea view I wanted, but I couldn't open the door, and rarely sat outside on the balcony, because of the street noise and complete lack of privacy. I did consider downgrading myself back to the room I had originally booked, but ended up not doing that. One chair in the room was threadbare and very worn, couldn't work out why it had been left to remain.

Again, like other reviewers, the free mini bar wasn't a reality - though there was a free drink at the bar each evening before 7.30pm. The room was serviced daily but on 2 days not until after 5pm, which is a bit of a hassle when you've returned to the room, post beach / pool, to find it untouched form when left hours earlier. I found asking to have the room serviced didn't guarantee anything.

The breakfasts were adequate, but not to the standard I've had recently n Hong Kong, Bali, Phuket or Singapore recently - breakfast room is quite soulless. Most of the clientele when I was there were Russians and families with small children.

I wouldn't choose to stay here again and wouldn't recommend any of my friends - there was just something missing, a feeling I had from around the time I arrived.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sydsteve
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your constructive comments. I am very worried about your feeling of soullessness, as one of our primary aims is to bring soul back into hotels.

Please accept our apologies for your experience, and we will definitely work on our atmosphere.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently stayed for 7 nights. Rooms were lovely and clean had a deluxe room on 4 th floor. Great view and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and way better than any other novetel in Phuket. Was very dissapointed when they had a conference and we all got kicked out of the breakfast dining room and had to walk to the opposite end of the main dining room. Was rediculous and we left very dissapointed after having eaten there every day. On booking mini bar was included, but we were told at check in it was NOT. As an Accor member and telling them it was our 20th anniversary was a bit dissapointed they did not upgrade us in one room as we booked 2 (one room for our friends). But overall great stay and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SueeB_13

We wish we could accommodate every request.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very good hotel , Specially the pool is just magnificent ..

Staff is very kind and helpful.

If you are a solo traveler make sure coordinate with the reservation manager before booking as if you have any guest in your room , they might charge you or not allow in some cases , this is because of security reasons . They normally allow guests in the room if they provide there ID at the reception.

Room Tip: Garden view bedrooms are very good with Rain shower in the Bathroom and a very nice Balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind comments

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went for the first time to thailand. We were very lucky to have chosen B-Lay tong Phuket hotel. We had a marvellous stay. OUr own private swimming pool. Breckfast was good. On Christmas evening we had a perfect dinner.
the staff was very friendly and helped us with everything.
The room was big and cleaned every day.
I also enjoyed my favorite music because there is a dock for the ipod.
If i could i would go every holyday.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple