“Totally Worthed --- We made a right choice.”
Review of B-Lay Tong Phuket

B-Lay Tong Phuket
Ranked #62 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Phuket for our second-honeymoon. We stayed at the hotel during Songkran Festival (Thai New Year). The hotel is very hip, stylish, and fun. At the same time, we also received royal luxury service from friendly cool staff.

The room is chic, clean, and colorful. The bathroom is beautifully decorated. The swimming pool is beautiful. In the pool, I have the ocean at my eye level and feel like I am part of the sea. So nice. The glassy side of the pool is fun. From there, hotel staff took a picture of me and my husband kissing under water. That picture is my favorite from all the pictures of the whole trip.

During tsunami alert, the staff were professional. During the evacuation, they explained the cause and updated the situation. Once the alert was over, the hotel provided complimentary dinner and full bar for all hotel guests. I saw the manager set a table for a group of tourists who didn't stay at the hotel and served them complimentary dinner and drinks too, as they said other places including mini marts were all closed.

Overall, we had as much fun hanging around the hotel as going to places. The beach is only a couple of steps away. The community mall is nearby. Very convenient.

2  Thank May-Yok
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in two periods in April. We needed somewhere to leave our big luggage while we went to the islands. We stayed 2 nights before going to Phi phi and were going to stay just one night on the way back but we liked the hotel so much that we decided to stay for 3 more and would have liked to stay Even longer. Our first stay was in a standard room on the 4th floor.......it was anything but standard....it was a trendy artistic room with great details and lighting. We had a side wish of the beach and a great view of the pool.
The second period we had booked a grand deluxe room on the top floor . When we were checking in to the room there was a slight problem with the fridge so they offeret to upgrade us and give us another room, we were not sure because the room we were supposed to have had a great view. We decided to have a look at the other room and when we saw it we were completey amazed, it was a dream , the spa suite at the beach front , with a big balcony with an outdoor jacuzzi. Looking out over the beach and sea - amazing view from the whole suite. The suite was huge, delicate, artistically decorated and absolutely gorgeous.. They have used alot of glass and mirrors so from everywhere in the suite you had an almost 360 ' view of the sea. The bathroom was luxurious with its own massage bench, a huge shower with rainshower and direct access to the outdoor jacuzzi, lots of great products and spotlessly clean. The minibar was well stocked and everything was free. The bed super comfortable and soft with an amazing view while lying in bed. The staff were fantastic and so friendly, they were ready to assist and help with a smile all the tme, they made us feel so welcome . We had a tsunami alarm while staying there and they were very professional and gave us lots of information, we felt very safe, luckily the alarm was false so we did not need to evacuate. We really loved this place and will certainly go back. We stayed in room 443 the first stay and 531 the second. The whole hotel is gorgeous, trendy and artistic, the location is perfect, right across the street from the wonderful beach and only a short 1 - 15 min walk to the action senter. We were very glad th be in the more quiet location but had everything within walkin distance. Tja kuli to the great staff that made uor stay so wonderfull!!!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms, spa suite 531, 541, grand delux rooms.
2  Thank sunloverOslo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I had the pool access deluxe room for 5 nights . From the first moment u step inside u feel that it's full of youth and energy , the interiors are colorful giving the trendy chec touch . The rooms are also full of colors , I guess they have 4 color themes , our room was the green color , just beautiful spacious and well equibed , the pool access gave us lovely memories . I
Iiked the music they played almost everywhere in the hotel all day , great chill out music .
The restaurant is good . The spa is ok but clearly is not a spa hotel . The location is perfect , in front of te beach , about 15 min walk from the hot night life area but u may need to rent a motorbike to make ur life easy and u will enjoy it really . The staff helpful and cheerful .
I recommend the hotel especially for young couples who want to balance between night activities and the rest of beautiful Phuket .

Room Tip: Pool access rooms
Reviewed April 16, 2012

during the tsunami alert, feel the staff cool and pro
but on the transit on the roof, I just doesn't understand stairways not going to the roof like for all floors... this is a huge mistake for this kind of alert who will come again
if as today, ladder absolutely needed, the fact it stop under the level of the roof is bad for older people, not especially for me, but this is The unique bad point I lived in this hotel
all the others points are perfect...

I liked the design of the hotel and accomodations

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DONBRUNO

This is why I loved the B-Lay Tong:
-Great,friendly staff
-The hotel has a really good layout and is designed and decorated very well
-Free mini bar
-Free Robes/slippers/flip flops/umbrellas
-After 6 weeks in Asia, and a lot of hotels, the B-lay Tong had the most impressive pool and swim up bar-free beach towels
-Location was perfect; literally across the road from the beach & only a 15 min walk to the centre of Patong (with all the sleaze and noise in Patong you need to be this far)
-Great wifi

I cannot pick a fault with the B-lay Tong-I had a lovely stay

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great modern hotel. decent size rooms (Pool front deluxe) which has a long narrow pool shared with other rooms on the perimeter right outside your door. Nice bathrooms with free standing bath, good size shower. Very pleasant staff, great main pool, a stone's throw from the northern most end of Patong beach. All quite contemporary and chic. Stayed there February 2011 and am booked to stay there again in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Pool front deluxe, is by far the best room in the place for my liking.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Iain F
Reviewed April 15, 2012

3 out of 5 would be a bit harsh as I think it would deserve more a 3.5 out of 5 but as I stay on a mixed impression, we will go with that.

OK so first, the hotel has been refurbished only a few months ago and has some nice features, a spacious and trendy lobby equipped with 2 new Imac and a pleasant pool that was not too crowded at the period I have been there. The view on the sea is not very good: it does not seem to appear on the "official" photos but in fact it is partially obstructed by anarchic electricity wires. The negative point in my opinion was the rooms. The hotel consists of 3 linked buildings and I was in the one that was comprising the lobby (on the fourth floor). Before taking my final room, I visited three other rooms (two on the second floor and one on the fourth floor) that were really not satisfactory. The ones on the second floor had really a cheap appareance, with a plain flooring and most annoying, lots of scratches (easily seen on white furniture) and wallpaper in poor condition (stained and warping). If the refurbishment really took place 4 or 5 months ago, I consider this as a very bad omen of what travellers could expect a few months/years from now as there seems to be an obvious lack of maintenance or cheap quality furniture. Finally, I moved to one of the rooms in the fourth floor, which were better looking with a parquet flooring and a nice bathroom with both a bath and a rain shower (whereas on the second floor there was no bathtub). It was also equipped with some high tech devices (Ipod deck etc..). But still, the wallpaper was not in very good condition and the parquet had scratches, which is quite amazing for a recently refurbished hotel.
As for the service, first the proficiency in English of the staff was really so-so and it was sometimes difficult to understand/be understood. Second, even if they were well trained and always very polite in words, sometimes it was not always the case in manners, and some of them even showed signs of impatience because it was difficult for me to understand their poor English!

About the location, it is OK, quiet but a bit far from the city center. Anyway, who would like to spend some time in Patong, this place might be one of the creepiest and most perverse on Earth. Just do the various trips to Phi Phi and Phang Nga and you will love Phuket!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
BLAYTONG, General Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

We thank this guest for their feedback and will review the room they stayed in.

This guest chose one of our very rare lobby building rooms which have solid black lacquer hardwood floors after he rejected our quite popular trendy epoxy floor rooms.

We continually maintain our rooms and were quite surprised by his comments.