Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,086 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have travelled in Thailand many times and have used trip advisor as a guide to my hotel selection (I have until now never been let down). I used the reviews of this resort in making the decision to stay at B Lay Tong. I booked well in advance, about 3 months (I booked with a well renowned online booking site).

Imagine our surprise when we arrived at the B Lay Tong to find it was undergoing a major renovation! The first evidence of this was a completely empty pool with piles of rubbish around it. When I enquired about this I was told it was on their website (which is not working at the moment, making it a real issue for anyone to check really). I checked their site when I booked, nothing was posted. So despite the hotel having my contact details for three (3) months, no-one saw fit to contact me so I could change my arrangements, I mean, who goes to a resort without the intention of using the pool???

I was told there were 2 other pools available to use and I have been upgraded to a better room. We were lead through dark halls (all the lights were off), past more piles of rubbish and rubble, to a top floor jaccuzi room. So I expected to be able to see the other 2 available pools, well unfortunately these pools were only accessible from the ground floor pool rooms. So despite the representations made by the reception staff, these pools were not accessible for us. I advised we were not satisfied and requested the manager. After a promo about the hotels future I was advised that I could not get a refund from the hotel so i could go elsewhere (despite paying top dollar). We were upgraded to a pool room.
I believe for the first night we were the only guests.

The buffet breakfast I had paid for became an a-la-carte menu of three choices (gets seriously boring).

The room service menu had 9 items in total, but only 5 of these represented a meal, so there goes eating poolside, oh and no drinks on the menu. So basically sitting by the pool and relaxing was out for this holiday. Mind you, as the pool in the building next to us was being ripped up and a grinder was being used, relaxation was probably off the cards anyway. The view up the stairs to bags of rubbish piled high was also a put off along with the dead and dying plants in the landscaping around the pool.

The "full Service Spa" (I quote their own advertising) offered a total of 6 services (basically a handful of massages at 4 times the price of outside the hotel).

Apparently there are boutiques on site (I quote their own advertising), Well these are spaces in the building that are boarded up.

The ceiling on the balcony has started to bow downwards.

The wifi was impossible, we were in one of the most expensive rooms on the property and most of the time struggled to get a signal.

I was forced to ring for towels on returning to the room one night as housekeeping took all of ours and didn't replace them.

I chose this hotel based on it's advertised facilities and reviews, I knew we were a fair distance from Patong, however, as I had the belief we would be pool side during the day, eating food and having access to a bar, this wasn't going to be an issue. Basically we were forced to go into town every day.

On check out I finally received an unsolicited apology from a member of staff, I was told to return when the hotels pool was available as it is a wonderful pool, strange that, thats why I was staying there!

In the end this review need not have been written if the hotel (not just relying on the online booking site) had used the contact details they had 3 months before my stay to let me know about their major renovation so i could have booked elsewhere. It is a reflection the management of this hotel, it is also a reflection on the hotel itself that it requires major renovation after having been open for a year!

Not worth it, ruined a good part of our holiday, stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2011
12  Thank adrianwalker2
BLT-Management, Manager at B-Lay Tong Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Dear Adrianwalker2,

“We are deeply sorry for this experience at our resort. Unfortunately, we had several urgent repairs to make, and we are closing from August 1st to November 1st, 2011 in order to rebrand and change the management of the B-Lay Tong.

All bookings were stop and all agents with pending arrivals were notified to this effect in early June, and we apologize if this guest‘s agent did not pass on this information. Relocation in Patong was also offered.

Furthermore, we would like to offer this guest a complimentary stay after November 1st and to please contact us directly at their earliest convenience.”

Best Regards,

B- Lay Tong - management team

Reviewed May 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a delux sea view room for 7 nights for our honeymoon. We were welcomed warmly and got a fantastic room with a jacuzzi on the balcony filled with rose petals, a beautiful cake with happy honeymoon on it and a beautiful arrangement on the bed. The room was modern, spacious, clean and tidy and more than met our expectations. The place was very quiet though and if was busier things might have been different.

Only a couple of minor complaints in that the sink in the bathroom plug area was poorly designed and was very hard to clean and therefore looked shabby. A lengthy shower filled up the shower base and caused a little bit of water to head out onto the bathroom floor (nothing a spare towel couldn't fix). By far and away minor things that would do nothing to stop us highly recommending this place to stay for a real treat! It's situation is only a few minutes walk from the centre of Patong and it's only a stroll across the road to the beach.

Room tip: I would recommend the sea view with jacuzzi
Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank Mudcakes
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Stayed at the B-lay Tong for 3 nights of R and R after a quick business trip to Phuket and we were so glad we did. It rained the whole time we were there and we couldn't have chosen a better place to be stuck inside!
Big room, super comfy bed, giant bathtub plus a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the sparkly lit up infinity pool and the ocean beyond. On top of that, 24 hour room service and some of the best meals we had anywhere and top notch service. It's clear this hotel caters to the hip and well-traveled as every detail seems to have been well-thought out and the design of everything from the cutlery to the ipod docking station/alarm clock is cool.
When we did venture out, there was always a driver available ready with umbrella and smile. The trendy restaurant is a great place for people watching and there seems to always be just the right chilled music at the right volume playing everywhere in this place. The bar looked like a great place to hang out as well though we didn't have a chance during our short stay. Can't wait to go back and enjoy it all again in the sunshine!

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank expatbkk11
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I stayed at B Lay 3 times last year and love it like my second home. I travel quite a lot for my work and spend many nights in different hotels all round the world. I'm a harsh judge and don't go back when things aren't up to standard.
There's no other hotel it in Patong, the pools amazing and wouldn't be out of place in Miami or LA. The rooms are modern and some have pool access. The food is fantastic and cheap, it's the best kept secret in Thailand.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Bruce S
Reviewed January 21, 2011

If you need to stay on Patong beach this the ONLY hotel to stay.
Great new rooms, quiet pool, stylish hotel with many different facilities.
The staff is very friendly and especailly look out for the hotel manager, Khun Saantichai.
He is very welcoming and good fun! Dusit Thani has recently taken over the management of the hotel so you can not go wrong there either.

Date of stay: December 2010