“Best massage ever.”

Sweet Lemongrass Massage
Ranked #9 of 80 Spas & Wellness in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: Two large premises,comprising of 3 & 4 separate rooms with over 10 professional massage beds in both premises, described by customers on TripAdvisor as "the best in Phuket" as mentioned by over 600 lovely tripadviser customers, open from 10:00am-10:00pm one premise located opposite "SEEKA BOUTIQUE RESORT" on "Nanai soi 8 & number two pemises on (Soi Dr V) Raj Uthit Road" offering professionally trained masseurs with exceptional technique and skills, inexpensive with the highest quality provided, offering body scrub, body wrap, herbal compress + hot oil, facials, traditional Thai and oil massage and more
Penang Island, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best massage ever.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family and I had a wonderful vacation in Phuket recently. A special mention goes out to Sweet Lemongrass where I had the best massage ever. The taxi driver who took us from the hotel discouraged me from going there because according to him the place is rough and dirty. I was confident about the reviews that I had read on Tripadvisor and I insisted that he should take me there and not to another outlet which he had highly recommended. Sweet Lemongrass is simple and clean. There is no fancy baths or small talks. Just good old fashioned massage by a masseuse who knows what she is doing. I chose a 90 minute combined essential oils and Thai massage and it was heavenly. Aoy (the owner and my masseuse) was very polite. She asked if there were areas of my body which I would like more work on and the areas which she should avoid. Her massage etiquette is just wonderful.The price was very very reasonable too. Thank you, Aoy. I said I would write a very good review on Tripadvisor and I just did.
P/S you need to make your reservation as Sweet Lemongrass has only 3 beds and 3 masseuse.

Sweet Lemongrass, 162/5 Nanai Soi 8 Patong Beach Kathu Phuket 83150 Thailand
Tel no. 081-5379099

Review by Rosaline, Malaysia.
July 21, 2011.

6 Thank Rosaline2011
chanchira s, Owner at Sweet Lemongrass Massage, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Hello,thank you for your kind revue, just to let you know i've now opened our 2nd bigger premises, i can now have up to 9 massage beds, it's thanks to all the lovely revues and positive feedback i needed to expand the business, again a big thank you, all the very best, Aoy

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best of the best in terms of price and quality”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

After reading reviews from Tripadvisor, I ask the hotel reception to help me make a booking with Sweet Lemongrass. The massage is set at 6pm. When I reach, I am surprise by the size of the shop thought the review have stated its a 3 bed shop. The lady (sorry that I didnt get her name) welcome and greeted me. I choose Aromatherapy massage with Lavender oil. The lady politely ask which part of body do her need to take attention to and where do she need to becareful which I am very grateful about it as non of the massage I done before had ask me (as I have broken my arm before, there is metal inside my arm which need to take care of). I can assure you that the skill is perfect. They even attend to extra query which I needed more stretch on my leg (due to fatigue).
The massage is perfect. With 20% discount during the low season (its only 400bath for 1.5 hour aromatherapy massage), its definately the best value in the world. The location maybe difficult for those not good at reading maps. I use my phone to capture the location map of Sweet Lemongrass which make it easy for me. At the end before leaving, due to memorable experience, I decide to take picture with the lady with the shop as background, which they are happy to do so.

6 Thank Jonathan_d_Ho
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“You cannot find any better messages in the world with this price”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is the best decision I have made throughout the trip.
5 of us went to Phuket from 1July-5July. The first thing I did when we settled in the hotel was call Sweet Lemongrass to make a booking. <We made another booking with her immediately after our first trial>

I have been to many spa (5 star hotels ones) and I can assure you that the messages you have here (which cost you around 400bht 1.5 hour) is one of the best .

The place is small but clean and comfortable. Aoy and her staff are experts in messages, you feel relax head to toe in your 60mins/90mins and my boyfriend fell a sleep twice in the middle of the messages ^.^. Also, they are the most friendly and sweet therapist I have ever met. Aoy even drove me and my boyfriend to the noddle shop (which turns out to be the best food I have had throughout the trip) she recommanded right after our messages. I cannot be more thankful.

Made a reservation with her once you arrived your hotel. You will never be disapointed.

5 Thank Janet72ME
Bowral, Australia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Best massage of my life!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went to Sweet Lemongrass several times during our two week stay in Phuket. Was definitely the best on the island. From the moment you walk in, you feel as though you are friends and you are always greeted by cold towels and cold water before your massage. The shop has a real spa feel, complete with relaxing music and beautiful smells of lemongrass. After your massage you are also presented with gorgeous lemongrass tea which is amazing. I had the thai massage, aromatherapy massage and an oil massage and all of them could not be faulted. Loved every second and wish there was a sweet lemongrass back home!

8 Thank krissylou
Sydney
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Best in Patong by far!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My sister and I (23 and 21 years old) decided to visit Sweet Lemongrass after reading the positive reviews on here.

The first thing we should note is that it is not in the heart of Patong, it is approx a 30 + minute walk from Bangla road depending on where you are staying, or a 200 baht Tuk Tuk ride each way ($6.6 AUD approx). Although this may be a little off putting, it is definantly worth it! We made the mistake of not booking (thinking it was low season) so we walked in the hot and humid weather (also getting lost) only to find that they were fully booked out for that day! Never mind that, after we saw the cute little shop and met Aoy, we made a booking for 10am the following morning.

We hired a tuk tuk to drop us off which made life easier. When you arrive, you are offered a choice of 6 oils (rose, jasmine, orchid, orange and two others..) they all smell beautiful so it is a hard choice!

We opted for a mixed thai / oil massage as we had never experience either before. This cost us only 280 baht after the discount ($9 AUD approx).

What makes lemongrass so different from the other parlours in patong (there are hundreds of these - we tried out a couple before & after lemongrass) is a) you know from the instant you walk in there is nothing sleazy going to happen, b) the beds are very comfortable and on par with what you would find in a western beauty salon (the other parlours beds felt like planks of wood with a sheet on them!), c) they make an effort to please you, for example under the hole where you put your face down whilst lying on your stomach, there is a bowl of water filled with beautiful fresh flowers, d) the ladies are very respectful of how intimate massages are, for example they stop and ask you if it is ok for them to pull the sheet down to show your chest (at the others in patong they just take it off without any warning) and finally, the staff all appear to know what they are doing which is especially important for the thai massage as this applies alot of pressure and has the potential to hurt you rather than be helpful.

Once the massage is complete, you are offered to sit down and have a glass of lemongrass tea and a chat with the staff if you wish. They are all extremely friendly and interested in your experiences in Thailand.

We were extremely happy with the service we received at the Sweet Lemongrass Spa and agree with all the positive reviews posted on Tripadvisor. We recommend it to all who are looking for a relaxing, professional and good value massage whilst visting Patong.

A tip for those visiting Patong in the low season: until the end of August they also have 20% off their normal prices to attract customers in the low season so this means it works out on par or lower than the cost of massages elsewhere in Thailand (in fact Bangkok seemed alot more expensive)!

I have also posted a photo of their service/price list on here for anyone who is interested.
It also has their contact details and opening hours (apparently night time bookings fill up the fastest so if you are looking for a night massage it is probably best to book a couple of days in advance)!

Enjoy Thailand - we loved it!

Visited June 2011