“Small hotel in an excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jang Resort

Jang Resort
Ranked #40 of 401 Patong B&B and Inns
Langwarrin, Australia
“Small hotel in an excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a great little hotel close to the beach and not far from the Otop markets. It is surrounded by restaurants, bars and shops, and very central to everything. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We stayed in an upstairs room the first night, then moved to a downstairs room as we didn't like climbing the stairs after a few drinks! I think the upstairs rooms are nicer, and the shower water pressure is much stronger than the downstairs ones. The pool is small but sufficient, and is shaded by a beautiful big tree. It also has a swim up bar. Breakfast is included, and is cooked to order. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms look like they have been renovated and are nicer than the downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adders75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I arrived at the hotel already at 10:30 and was checked in. A good thing about low season.

The good:
Nice staff
Large room
Excellent location

The bad:
When it rained heavily, there was a little dripping from the ceiling near the door. Didn't bother me though.
The rooms were very loud. I sleep in, and when the pool started running with the fountain, it was very loud inside. Wasn't much noise at night though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sune J
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We reached Jang resort on a Thursday night, and when we got into our room (right outside the pool) the first thing we encountered was a live cockroach. After getting the staff to chase it away, we proceeded to find another dead cockroach inside. Then, when we got into the bathroom we found even more bugs inside the toilet bowl. Do you know how disgusting that was?
The next day while my friend left the door open to talk to me (for five minutes) a cat came in the room. We shooed it away but it decided to lie on the floor and play dead (I've never seen a cat do that before, quite funny) but i noticed it was bleeding. Also, I noticed a splodge of blood on the wall of the bathroom. This really grossed me out.
The hotel staff is very nice and friendly, I would rate them 100% on them. However I find the cleanliness of the place lacking and also i think the website is very misleading (it looks very large, but in actual fact the hotel is quite tiny, but rooms are of good size, so no problem). If you want Wifi, you have to purchase cards at the reception.
The most horrific thing that happened was one day when my friend was walking back to the hotel, late at night, there was a couple having sex in one corner of the pool with the girl grunting and moaning away. We were very traumatized because earlier on we had been in that very pool and now we are not very sure what might have been in the pool with us.
Location is at a very touristy place - but honestly felt very sleazy. Everywhere you go you see girls waiting outside massage parlours waiting for 'business', and you will bump into hookers and transgenders everywhere. There are also tiger shows very nearby if you are interested in that kind of thing. Food nearby is also expensive (Touristy, again) and doesn't taste good or perhaps we just did not go into the right places. The beach nearby (patong beach) is quite nice, a pretty normal beach where you can hang out, etc, but it is incredibly crowded and you will not go 2 minutes without someone trying to sell you an umbrella, some hand henna or something. Sometimes, even if you are asleep on the deck chair they will wake you up to buy something. Truly irritating.

Room Tip: If you pick the room that's closest to the swimming pool, there will be a lot of kids making noi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lacey2926

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Melb Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We found Jang to be fantastic.
The staff are great, the location is very good its not too close to Bangala but easy walking distance.
Sometimes at night there's a bit of partying close by but we slept pretty well for the most part.
We had a few great afternoons by the pool having a beer and trying out our broken Thai language skills with the staff.
We'd come back.

Room Tip: Try and get upstairs its a bit quieter when the party animals return home at night. Also go across t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days during March 13.
Was collected from airport without issue, however there was a charge for this service fairly reasonable.
Paid extra for a superior room, was very spacious however could have done with a paint as there were several marks over the walls, was also slightly put off by the dead cockroach in the bathroom. On the first night found the air conditioning to not be working, however once we had notified reception about this, they came immediately and fixed it.
Also had a plumbing problem as we woke up to discover we had no water for shower or sink, however this was fixed on return from our day out.
Our room included breakfast, there was some choice, however not brilliantly appetizing.
Slightly disappointed there was a charge for WIFI however there are several bars in close proximity which provide free WIFI.
Location close to the beach and all bars and restaurants, can be slightly noisy at night as its positioned near bars and massage parlors.
Found the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and helpful. Overall, good hotel and pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

i could not recommend a hotel more!!..
Beautiful hotel with an amazing pool area.
Pool bar
Incredible room service
The most amazing lovely friendly staff
Wonderful included morning breakfast with menu and lots of choices
great location right in the centre of Patong, night life, shopping, bangla road, junceylon sho
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL
a must stay!!

After staying in TimeOUt hotel!! never never never stay there.. this resort was the same price!!

My home in Patong!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

What drew me to this place was how it looked from outside as I walked past on a previous visit. It appeared classy, but not too pricey, with a quiet, quality feel.

Thats more or less what I got. For $68 a night, a nice, tastefully decorated, albeit, dark room (they are all dark inside due to the building layout and the huge shady tree that dominates the inner courtyard. i didnt mind it being too dark, meant I had to turn the light on at all times of the day to see anything, but it also meant the place was easy to keep cool. I didnt post pics, as the photos on here and the booking site I used are quite representative.

What I liked most:
1) the pool is small, but very intimate, and the buildings are nicely arranged around it, giving you a sense that you are far removed from the world, even though you are not.
2) the restaurant food was cheap (120baht or so) and very yummy for the price, not like some 100baht 'specials' you find on the main drag.
3) location is close to the beach, but away from the crowds of the main beach street, and close to other shops too.
4) the place has a very intimate, cosy and classy feel, due to the building layout, and the dark red and black colours of the walls and windows make it feel very classy, and also because the courtyard is built around the (small) pool and a lovely shady tree

What I didnt like
1) the reception girl said I could check in at 10 the next morning (I arrived in town one day beforehand), but on the day, they said no, 12, so that was mildly annoying, given I'd gone to the trouble of checking...2 hours to kill at that time of day (its hot!) is not something you really look forward to
2) the sour restaurant hostess won't win any personality contest, but despite her, its a nice restaurant with good food and a nice outdoor but shady ambience
3) the first room they gave me, I awoke to the sound of tradesmen bashing timber outside in the courtyard, and I wasnt impressed, but staff quickly moved me to a quieter room.

Room Tip: my tip is not about the room, but a cautionary warning to potential guests. This hotel is surrounded...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo