“Excellent service and value for money!”

My Thai Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
My Thai Guest House
Ranked #222 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent service and value for money!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

planned to stay two weeks but ended up staying six weeks. Because this Guesthouse provides what you need. Close to the beach- 8-10 minutes relaxed walking- clean rooms and an extremely helpful lady in the reception. At night you are in the middle of the vibrant life of Patong. just outside the guesthouse you have a number of attractive/ not expensive seafood restaurants and also a bar. Ask for a room on the back of the building IF you prefer peace at night time, but in genereral I did not have any difficulty in falling asleep. In short, you get value for money and I will not hesitate to come back. best ERIK

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Erik L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked in here for 4 days while travelling about the islands.
When we arrived we had to struggle with our cases up 4 flights of steep stairs to finally see the room!!
Firstly the lock on the door rattled, it was not very secure at all and took numerous tries to get in the room.
I wish the lock had broken and we never go to see the room it was that bad!!!
The toilet- well let’s just say I would never have sat on that seat!
The sheet on the bed base was DIRTY, the thought makes me feel sick, it had clearly not been washed.
The safe didn’t work! The furniture was as old as the hills!!! The list goes on… I didn’t feel safe here at all!
Understandably this is a LOW COST place to get your head down, but for me cleanliness is key no matter where I stay!
It goes without saying at the thought of staying here we checked out and got majority of our money back, which was greta as to be fair he could have refused a regund!
We walked towards the beach and found a much better suited hotel (thank god!) that only cost about £25 more per night- SO worth it!
My skin crawls when I think of that room.
Yes what you pay for generally is what you get but this room wasn’t on any of the pictures I seen or I would NEVER have booked!
Sorry to have to write such a negative review but I wish I had been warned.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vicky G
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed for 6 days and the owner of the hotel is such a nice lady, she helped us for everything the trips we went to,for shopping... Very good advice... I will definitely come back to that hotel if I ever come back to phuket and I think I will !!! The room is clean, 3min from the town centre , not too noisy,WIFI ... Very good value for money. WE LOVED IT !! Thank you very much

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Nice big room with AC! The bathroom was a bit small and old looking, but it was clean. Location was perfect. 3 min walk to the beach and close enough to the busy bars without having to listen to the noise. There is a cool nightly food market right outside the door with delicious food, pretty cheap as well. The girl at the front desk was really helpful and booked all our transportation for us in minutes. There isn't an elevator though so if you're on one of the top floors it can be a climb!

• Stayed November 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

rooms - OK. but nice beds & pillows considering the price u pay

toilet - OK for the price u pay. but clean. thats good.

location - almost perfect. its abt 5 minutes walk to patong road. but surrounding area is good. 7-11 , pharmacy & restaurant right in front.

service - crazy amazing. really-really helpful. even at 5 am, the staff wakes up to unlock the door to let us in (they lock the door after hours. security reason), they still smiled!

**buy the ANY of the tour packages directly at the hotel (visit to phi-phi island, etc etc). price all around phuket are abt the same. some slightly expensive. but if ur a guest, he'll give u a bit cheaper than others. but hey, he's doing that to make u happy even if it cost him some profit. i respect that.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I Started Travelling back in January 2008, funnily enough i didn't stay in this hotel that time but at one opposite ( Devana Patong i do believe ) But i did enquire on the price, and for the following 5 years, i've stayed at My Thai Guesthouse and what you get for the money is a friendly, clean, safe and a decent place to stay.

Since exploring Thailand and much of Asia that once i've since been back there 5 years in a row and am heading there once again at the end of the month for a few days before emigrating to Australia.

The Hotel is clean and tidy, the family rooms(1 double + single bed) are big enough with Air con, a minibar and TV, there are twin rooms available which are big enough to get three singles in easily, Also AC,MB and TV, the single rooms on the top floor are a little cosier, with small single beds, but for the single traveller on a tight budget they would easily cut the mustard.

The rooms are cleaned everyday, (even in the afternoons if you ask) sheets made, fridge re-stocked, The showers are hot, Clean toilets, with the ledgendary bum guns and paper! hair shampoo, soap and towels provided. If theres any problems with anything the rooms, Finn is quick to assist to help out, sometimes we've gone there as a group of lads and he has often chucked in a third bed in our room at unbeatable prices.

All the staff are there will help you out, They can organise day trips, boat trips, Any excursions, Order taxis to the airport.... the list goes on.. In the evening, off the front deck, there are the outdoor food/fish markets where you can get the best meals for next to nothing prices.. Theres off licences, mini markets, convenience stores opposite and 3 cash machines all seconds away.. Its so convenient.. Its situated 1 road back from beach road in Patong, (Patong beach 10 mins walk) who ever said its not is lying... its a 15 minute walk to the shopping centre and Bangla (Partytime road!) Or get in an open back taxi !!! 1 minute your there!!!

Totally recommended to the down to earth traveller or budget traveller but who still wants a hotel, and not a scummy backpackers, or any traveller visiting Thailand and Phuket on a holiday..

Enjoy guys, you wont be disappointed.. :)

W. MILLER ,

Others that would vouch for me..

M, WILSON
M, STABLES
S, HILL
J, SHARP
D, CHISHOLM
D, STOKES...

''Lads On Tour'' Trips... Enjoy. 2008 - 2012.

Room Tip: Try get rooms with windows facing to the right of the building avoiding noise from the markets in th...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

i arrived in Patong around 930pm not knowing where i'll be staying that night...i have an idea in my head (with help from TA) of the places where id probably stay but want to check things out first...so, i started walking!!

first stop was My Thai...and obviously, i didnt go anywhere else! :)

Finn (owner/manager) was kind enough to let me see the rooms first before i commit to anything and to me that was very convenient...

I picked the room with the ensuite bathroom and AC, on the second floor...safe box in the closet, tv, king size bed (firm, clean and no bed bugs!), 2 comfortable pillows, 2 clean towels, (had to ask for bathsoap coz i didnt bring any)...the room was very spacious especially for a solo traveler....theres a fridge wtih sodas and water and beer and all priced as you would pay in the store...the bathroom on the other hand, other people might find a little tight but i didnt mind it coz im by myself and im pretty small...theres hot water for shower (but i turned it off --why would i want to take a hot shower when im already hot from walking outside??...but thats just me)...the free wifi works in the room as well (ask for the password if you have your own laptop or just use the computer on the main floor, which is also free)...also, you can leave your key at the front desk to avoid losing it and paying the fine...the staff speaks very good english, are very friendly and always smiling and asks you how your day was...

My Thai is in a very good location...minutes walk from Patong Beach, Bangla road (nightlife, people!!), bargain shops and a huge shopping mall called Jungceylon...

Finn took very good care of me while i was there...he showed me where the ATMs were, the convenience stores and answered all my questions...He also invited me to have a real Danish lunch at a place owned by a very good acquaintance of his who's also Danish...(Finn is originally from Denmark...and i was curious what a Danish rye bread is like...hence, lunch!!)...that was great fun!!...riding around in the scooter (like normal Thai people)...good food...good conversations and Schnapps at 2pm!! :) ...he also booked my day tours (Phi Phi island and Phang Nga bay tours) for me and got a huge discount on both!

Best part of staying at My Thai is the easy access to awesome Thai food...coz it's literally right outside the door!!...during the day its a normal parking lot and at night its transformed to different restaurants (i think they open at 4pm and breaks everything down at midnight)...you could eat at the "restaurant" or have them bring your food to My Thai's deck...either way its awesome!

I will definitely stay at My Thai again when i come back to Patong!!!!!!!...

notes:

*i wouldnt want to stay on the top floor coz as the other reviewer said the huge water tanks are there!
*id probably douse the bathroom with bleach if i planned on staying longer coz i have OCD!
*if theres one night that a tuktuk driver is playing real loud music in the middle of the night and you couldnt sleep coz of the nonstop beat...get off your bed, go to where hes at, calmly ask him to turn it down and he will...he'd actually apologize and turn it off, i guarantee you that!...theres really no need to yell! :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo