Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2012

rooms - OK. but nice beds & pillows considering the price u pay

toilet - OK for the price u pay. but clean. thats good.

location - almost perfect. its abt 5 minutes walk to patong road. but surrounding area is good. 7-11 , pharmacy & restaurant right in front.

service - crazy amazing. really-really helpful. even at 5 am, the staff wakes up to unlock the door to let us in (they lock the door after hours. security reason), they still smiled!

**buy the ANY of the tour packages directly at the hotel (visit to phi-phi island, etc etc). price all around phuket are abt the same. some slightly expensive. but if ur a guest, he'll give u a bit cheaper than others. but hey, he's doing that to make u happy even if it cost him some profit. i respect that.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I Started Travelling back in January 2008, funnily enough i didn't stay in this hotel that time but at one opposite ( Devana Patong i do believe ) But i did enquire on the price, and for the following 5 years, i've stayed at My Thai Guesthouse and what you get for the money is a friendly, clean, safe and a decent place to stay.

Since exploring Thailand and much of Asia that once i've since been back there 5 years in a row and am heading there once again at the end of the month for a few days before emigrating to Australia.

The Hotel is clean and tidy, the family rooms(1 double + single bed) are big enough with Air con, a minibar and TV, there are twin rooms available which are big enough to get three singles in easily, Also AC,MB and TV, the single rooms on the top floor are a little cosier, with small single beds, but for the single traveller on a tight budget they would easily cut the mustard.

The rooms are cleaned everyday, (even in the afternoons if you ask) sheets made, fridge re-stocked, The showers are hot, Clean toilets, with the ledgendary bum guns and paper! hair shampoo, soap and towels provided. If theres any problems with anything the rooms, Finn is quick to assist to help out, sometimes we've gone there as a group of lads and he has often chucked in a third bed in our room at unbeatable prices.

All the staff are there will help you out, They can organise day trips, boat trips, Any excursions, Order taxis to the airport.... the list goes on.. In the evening, off the front deck, there are the outdoor food/fish markets where you can get the best meals for next to nothing prices.. Theres off licences, mini markets, convenience stores opposite and 3 cash machines all seconds away.. Its so convenient.. Its situated 1 road back from beach road in Patong, (Patong beach 10 mins walk) who ever said its not is lying... its a 15 minute walk to the shopping centre and Bangla (Partytime road!) Or get in an open back taxi !!! 1 minute your there!!!

Totally recommended to the down to earth traveller or budget traveller but who still wants a hotel, and not a scummy backpackers, or any traveller visiting Thailand and Phuket on a holiday..

Enjoy guys, you wont be disappointed.. :)

W. MILLER ,

Others that would vouch for me..

M, WILSON
M, STABLES
S, HILL
J, SHARP
D, CHISHOLM
D, STOKES...

''Lads On Tour'' Trips... Enjoy. 2008 - 2012.

Room tip: Try get rooms with windows facing to the right of the building avoiding noise from the markets in the evening and traffic in the morning.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

i arrived in Patong around 930pm not knowing where i'll be staying that night...i have an idea in my head (with help from TA) of the places where id probably stay but want to check things out first...so, i started walking!!

first stop was My Thai...and obviously, i didnt go anywhere else! :)

Finn (owner/manager) was kind enough to let me see the rooms first before i commit to anything and to me that was very convenient...

I picked the room with the ensuite bathroom and AC, on the second floor...safe box in the closet, tv, king size bed (firm, clean and no bed bugs!), 2 comfortable pillows, 2 clean towels, (had to ask for bathsoap coz i didnt bring any)...the room was very spacious especially for a solo traveler....theres a fridge wtih sodas and water and beer and all priced as you would pay in the store...the bathroom on the other hand, other people might find a little tight but i didnt mind it coz im by myself and im pretty small...theres hot water for shower (but i turned it off --why would i want to take a hot shower when im already hot from walking outside??...but thats just me)...the free wifi works in the room as well (ask for the password if you have your own laptop or just use the computer on the main floor, which is also free)...also, you can leave your key at the front desk to avoid losing it and paying the fine...the staff speaks very good english, are very friendly and always smiling and asks you how your day was...

My Thai is in a very good location...minutes walk from Patong Beach, Bangla road (nightlife, people!!), bargain shops and a huge shopping mall called Jungceylon...

Finn took very good care of me while i was there...he showed me where the ATMs were, the convenience stores and answered all my questions...He also invited me to have a real Danish lunch at a place owned by a very good acquaintance of his who's also Danish...(Finn is originally from Denmark...and i was curious what a Danish rye bread is like...hence, lunch!!)...that was great fun!!...riding around in the scooter (like normal Thai people)...good food...good conversations and Schnapps at 2pm!! :) ...he also booked my day tours (Phi Phi island and Phang Nga bay tours) for me and got a huge discount on both!

Best part of staying at My Thai is the easy access to awesome Thai food...coz it's literally right outside the door!!...during the day its a normal parking lot and at night its transformed to different restaurants (i think they open at 4pm and breaks everything down at midnight)...you could eat at the "restaurant" or have them bring your food to My Thai's deck...either way its awesome!

I will definitely stay at My Thai again when i come back to Patong!!!!!!!...

notes:

*i wouldnt want to stay on the top floor coz as the other reviewer said the huge water tanks are there!
*id probably douse the bathroom with bleach if i planned on staying longer coz i have OCD!
*if theres one night that a tuktuk driver is playing real loud music in the middle of the night and you couldnt sleep coz of the nonstop beat...get off your bed, go to where hes at, calmly ask him to turn it down and he will...he'd actually apologize and turn it off, i guarantee you that!...theres really no need to yell! :)

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank outlanderinvermont
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I enjoyed my staiy at your guesthouse very much an excellent service and very nice people will definately com back. good breakfast , clean rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I booked this place after reading all the good reviews of this guesthouse even though I was a bit apprehensive this place. The rooms were tiny, smells bad, the beds were old, blankets and towels were disgusting and the aircon was leaking. When we complain about the aircon leaking, the staff was so rude and said it was our fault for turning the temperature of the aircon on too low, and they wouldn't even help clean the mess but instead reluctantly shove us some bedsheets to clean up ourselves. One day, when we went out for a little while and left the aircon on, we were locked out of our room and told that we have to pay a fine for leaving the power on when we are not in the room. Its terrible, don't believe the previous good reviews of this place.

Date of stay: January 2012