“Khob Kun Ka....good times all around!!!”

My Thai Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
My Thai Guest House
Ranked #222 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Burlington, Vermont
“Khob Kun Ka....good times all around!!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

i arrived in Patong around 930pm not knowing where i'll be staying that night...i have an idea in my head (with help from TA) of the places where id probably stay but want to check things out first...so, i started walking!!

first stop was My Thai...and obviously, i didnt go anywhere else! :)

Finn (owner/manager) was kind enough to let me see the rooms first before i commit to anything and to me that was very convenient...

I picked the room with the ensuite bathroom and AC, on the second floor...safe box in the closet, tv, king size bed (firm, clean and no bed bugs!), 2 comfortable pillows, 2 clean towels, (had to ask for bathsoap coz i didnt bring any)...the room was very spacious especially for a solo traveler....theres a fridge wtih sodas and water and beer and all priced as you would pay in the store...the bathroom on the other hand, other people might find a little tight but i didnt mind it coz im by myself and im pretty small...theres hot water for shower (but i turned it off --why would i want to take a hot shower when im already hot from walking outside??...but thats just me)...the free wifi works in the room as well (ask for the password if you have your own laptop or just use the computer on the main floor, which is also free)...also, you can leave your key at the front desk to avoid losing it and paying the fine...the staff speaks very good english, are very friendly and always smiling and asks you how your day was...

My Thai is in a very good location...minutes walk from Patong Beach, Bangla road (nightlife, people!!), bargain shops and a huge shopping mall called Jungceylon...

Finn took very good care of me while i was there...he showed me where the ATMs were, the convenience stores and answered all my questions...He also invited me to have a real Danish lunch at a place owned by a very good acquaintance of his who's also Danish...(Finn is originally from Denmark...and i was curious what a Danish rye bread is like...hence, lunch!!)...that was great fun!!...riding around in the scooter (like normal Thai people)...good food...good conversations and Schnapps at 2pm!! :) ...he also booked my day tours (Phi Phi island and Phang Nga bay tours) for me and got a huge discount on both!

Best part of staying at My Thai is the easy access to awesome Thai food...coz it's literally right outside the door!!...during the day its a normal parking lot and at night its transformed to different restaurants (i think they open at 4pm and breaks everything down at midnight)...you could eat at the "restaurant" or have them bring your food to My Thai's deck...either way its awesome!

I will definitely stay at My Thai again when i come back to Patong!!!!!!!...

notes:

*i wouldnt want to stay on the top floor coz as the other reviewer said the huge water tanks are there!
*id probably douse the bathroom with bleach if i planned on staying longer coz i have OCD!
*if theres one night that a tuktuk driver is playing real loud music in the middle of the night and you couldnt sleep coz of the nonstop beat...get off your bed, go to where hes at, calmly ask him to turn it down and he will...he'd actually apologize and turn it off, i guarantee you that!...theres really no need to yell! :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank outlanderinvermont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
nykøbing f
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I enjoyed my staiy at your guesthouse very much an excellent service and very nice people will definately com back. good breakfast , clean rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I booked this place after reading all the good reviews of this guesthouse even though I was a bit apprehensive this place. The rooms were tiny, smells bad, the beds were old, blankets and towels were disgusting and the aircon was leaking. When we complain about the aircon leaking, the staff was so rude and said it was our fault for turning the temperature of the aircon on too low, and they wouldn't even help clean the mess but instead reluctantly shove us some bedsheets to clean up ourselves. One day, when we went out for a little while and left the aircon on, we were locked out of our room and told that we have to pay a fine for leaving the power on when we are not in the room. Its terrible, don't believe the previous good reviews of this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank djbfa
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My bf and I booked this Guesthouse purely on the good reviews we read on TA. We arrived by local bus at Patong beach, after 20 mins of walking around trying to find it we had to pay 200 baht in the end for a cabby who phoned My Thai and informed us it was very far away! Indeed it turns out its the other end of Patong (which isn't very far but a good half hr walk), 10 min walk from Kalim beach not Patong beach like they advertise.

When we did arrive after ringing the bell a few times someone finally came over. He was quite rude asking what we want, when we said to check in he faffed about for a while saying he's very busy and alone today.. Everything seemed very disorganised and he didn't introduce himself.

The rooms are small which is fine, the bed had a huge dip in the middle which gave us a bad back and the tv had completely gone was green & purple, when we mentioned this to Finn (we saw his name on a letter in the room) instead of apologising & saying he'd take care of it he said no-one else had mentioned it & that he was alone so probably wouldn't be able to look at it. However the tv was replaced, not without moaning to us what it had cost him.

On top of this we only had our room cleaned twice in a week, Finn said his cleaning girl did not arrive on the 2nd day and that he did not have time. So sheets were not changed on the 3rd day like they say they will be and he did not check if we needed toilet paper etc either.

We found the whole stay very comfortable and way overpriced. Finn was extremely unfriendly, and having no smoking signs around the place is a complete contradiction when you're smoking everywhere and the stench reaches every room!

Other than all these negatives there are night restaurants right outside, Friendly being our fave. Although it got a bit noisy in our room at 12ish when they're closing up.

Find somewhere nearer Patong beach, they're cheaper and better location.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Panderella
Perth
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have stayed at this guesthouse numerous times now and each time its just as good. The rooms are clean and comfortable, cable tv, in room safes, large fridges and airconditioned. This guesthouse is situated in an excellent spot. A 10 minute walk from the beach and the nightlife. Just outside are numerous restaurants that are filled with delicious seafood and great dinners. The guesthouse has a 24hr reception which is perfect for late night travellers and the staff are always helpful and reliable. The owner is a great guy who is very friendly and willing to help you with any questions or problems. It is an affordable guesthouse and is well maintained i will be back again soon.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was a decent place to stay if you're looking for budget accomodation in Patong Beach. We stayed in the rooms with shared bathrooms, which seemed to be the worst on the premises. The room was clean, but the beds (2 twin beds) were in pretty bad condition (my husband compared his to a hammock). If you're just looking for a bare-bones places, this would be just fine. If you want any sort of comfort, I'd probably look elsewhere.

The location is a definite pro of this guest house, though. It is about a 10 minute (leisurely) walk to the beach. Right outside of the hostel is a wide array of street food and a very helpful booth where you can book tours.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are right near the 4 massive water heaters, and it makes the whole floor seem a litt...