“Affordable, clean, and friendly staff”

My Thai Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patong
My Thai Guest House
Ranked #222 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Affordable, clean, and friendly staff”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This guesthouse is one of the cleanest I've stayed at while traveling in Thailand. The price is very affordable for college students. Also having a reception that is open for 24 hours makes checking out very convenient. It's also a close 10 minute walk to the beach and the nightlife at Patong is within walking distance. The staff is also very friendly. I would definitely go back to My Thai.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dawn C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Perth
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here for the last two nights of my Thailand trip. Not a huge room but comfortable and clean. Staff were excellent. Finn the manager was brilliant and always helpful. I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed 5 nights on the way home from a trip to Europe. The property has a new owner- Finn, who is Danish but speaks perfect English. Finn arranged for me to be met at the airport which I appreciated after my long flight. The only cost was the taxi fare.

Reception is open 24 hours and everyone at reception speaks English.My room was on the second floor at the rear of the building. It had an ensuite which was basic but clean and had plenty of hot water. There was no shower curtain but this didnt cause any problems.

The room had airconditioning, satelite TV, a safe and a generous sized fridge. The bed was large and firm- I found it very comfortable. Everything was clean and functional.

The feature for me was the friendly atmosphere and willingness of the staff to make sure I had a pleasant holiday. Reception happilly arranged tours and advice on local attractions. Finn even took me out to his favourite nightspots which was great fun.

The reception area also has cheap cold beer and softdrinks as well as coffee available at any time. The restaurants in front produced awsome seafood meals so I didnt need to walk far for dinner. The overall location very convenient-its a short walk to the beach, shops and the entertainment district of Bangla Road.

Free WiFi is available in the ground floor area which also has a guest computer. I had laundry done for me which was also great value.

The only downside for me was the noise around midnight when the trempoary restaurants wheeled their equipment down the laneway outside my wiindow.

This is the only small criticism I had of this very welcoming guesthouse. A safe and comfortable place to stay in a very warm and welcoming environmemt. Its not luxury but it is very good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Port Hedland, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very affordable, good clean rooms. Finn the owner is a great host and a fountain of usefull information about Patong. The guest house is within walking distance of all major attractions of Patong and at night a seafood bazzare sets up right at the front entrance where some of the best authentic Thai food is to be had. I will stay here again as it is great value for money and a good starting or finishing point to visit Thailand.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights at My Thai again in late May after my 3 week trip thru Europe, as the say in Thailand, Same Same, great service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Mark C
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed here a total of 4 nights during my trip! Clean, quiet and comfortable!

I had a double bed, hot shower and AC for a great price! Excellent location, only 10 min walk to Bangla Road (nightlife and shopping). Their breakfast is amazing and the fresh seafood opens up for dinner right outside the door! The Post Office is a 3 min walk away, beach is 5 min walk away and there is a convienience store, pharmacy and travel agent (to book travel and day-trips) located in the same plaza. You can also rent scooters from them here!

Overall, excellent experience. Great place to stay and amazing staff! :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Katikinnz
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2010

We ( 3 Aussies) stayed at this guesthouse for 8 nights from the 4th November 2010.
Location was good, close to most area's of Patong, Staff were fantastic, (Chin) who looks after the night-shift was very helpfull.
Great food straight outside the entrance with all the locals foodies setting up for the night trade (dinner).
I stayed in the double room (6) at the front of the building, very quite and clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends