“Classy Establishment!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Classy Establishment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very swank hotel of 5 floors located in the dead centre of the famous Bangla strip. I Stayed on the first floor in a fabulous little suite which included kitchenette and Spa bath. Decor was lavishly fancy and colourful. Well looked after by staff and Absolute Rep Stefan, 5th floor conatained rooftop pool, bar and restaurant. I highly recommend this property on all counts, particularly location!

Matthew S

Room Tip: All rooms are good, first floor provided enough sound barrier to deflect any loud museic and noise!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Many thanks for you review and I will pass on your kind comments to Stefan and the rest of the team. Hopefully your stay was so enjoyable you will look forward to spending some more time with us next time you visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights under our time share exchange program (we don't own Absolute time share but our home time share has an arrangement with Absolute). After reading all the Absolute time share sales staff on the internet, we were a bit concern to check into this hotel. However, everything turn out to be great! There aren't any time share personnel approaching us to hard sell us any time share plan or anything (what a relief!) nor any talks that we need to attend!

Now back to the hotel review. The location of the hotel is at a small '"soi" (lane) in the famous Patong area. 2 minutes walk from hotel, you are at the main Bangla road where it can get you to all the "actions" and almost anything - convenient stores, banks, shopping (Jungceylon is about 5 mins walk), pubs, massage, nail parlour, restaurants (plenty around the hotels, within walking distance), laundrette etc. Patong beach is about 5 mins walk from the hotel but Patong beach is a disappointment. The sea is too rough and looks dirty! If you want nicer beach, try Paradise beach / Kata or Karon beach but you will need to take a taxi/tuk-tuk to reach these beaches. Mind you, taxi and tuk-tuk are expensive in Phuket. A single journey from Patong to Karon/Kata will cost you around THB400. I think the most cost economical and safe way to travel around Phuket is to hire a private driver with car (we pay around THB1,200 for 5 hours) and the driver can take you anywhere you wish to go - beaches, temple, sightseeing, restaurant, night market etc.

Some of the rooms in the hotel may be noisier since it is located next to a popular pub/bar. However, we requested for a quiet room and they arranged a room (L07) which was sound-free for us. Our room is at the ground floor so we don't have to go up and down with the lift. There is only 1 lift at the hotel and the service was rather slow. Our room - a junior suite can sleeps 4 comfortably. There is a king bed in the bedroom and 2 extra beds at the living hall. Junior suite was huge, comes with full kitchen facilities (oven, microwave, fridge, pots & pan, toaster, kettle, complete cutlery etc), big bathroom with in-built jacuzzi and rain shower, big L-shaped sofa in living hall and 2 TVs with many channels. My daughters love the super-huge sized jacuzzi. Room is clean daily and there is also a turn down service in the evening. The only things I didn't like about the room is the water heater temperature that is really inconsistent and the hotel only provides 1 key card per room. Also, there is no view at the room....it seems to be surrounded by other concrete wall/building.

Staffs at the hotel were great, very friendly and nothing is too much of a trouble. We requested for extra towels, beach towels etc and all these were sent promptly to us. Pool and jacuzzi at the roof-top are smallish but still great for a soak on a hot day. We ordered ala-carte breakfast (200baht for hotel guest) - American/English breakfast + coffee. Big portion and value for money. Food quality is quite good too.

Do note also that Bangla road is closed daily from 6pm to next morning, so if you are taking a taxi/tuk-tuk, they are not able to drop you at the front of the hotel. If you are driving, guests are advised to park at the nearby Jungceylon shopping mall (after the closure of Bangla road) and exchange for a flat rate parking ticket with the hotel reception. For other times, parking is available at the hotel basement.

Overall the place is great but they don't have any kid's activities though. However, since we got a really nice, comfy and clean room for a very low time share exchange fee, I would said this is a good stay.

Room Tip: Room L07, very quiet but no view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank psiew13
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for your full review of our hotel, indeed location is pretty key if you staying with us. Because of that there is a lack of children's facilities in this specific resort. Of course sometimes there are noise factors but we are doing our best to reduce the impact of the "street" as much as possible. Our Climax restaurant is getting some great reviews so I'm glad you had the opportunity to sample their menu during your stay. I hope you also have the opportunity with your programme to visit some of other resorts.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at Bangla Suites for two 1/2 weeks where we stayed in a one bedroom suite on the west side of the building and then we got moved to a studio bedroom on the east side, 1st floor of the building. The better location is definitely on the east side, first floor....not necessarily because of the view, but because it is a much quieter location.

Bangla Suites is literally right off of Bangla road. Bangla road is where a lot of the partying goes on in Patong. There is nothing but bars, clubs and more bars.
Patong is not a family friendly location, it is like Vegas, crazy, fun and adult oriented activities...I never understand why people bring their children to be exposed to such adult situations (oh well).
The positive things about Bangla Suites is the location. Close to the restaurants, the beaches and like I said earlier...right off Bangla party central road! The rooms are immaculate and the workers there do a wonderful job keeping the place spotless and giving us endless supplies of clean towels for both bath and beach. The place is the property of Absolute resorts and they make it their display property to entice people to purchase their timeshare program, and yes, we got sucked into making a purchase and that's one of the reasons we got the opportunity to stay at this property for as long as we did. So I can't really make a fair assessment of the value since we stayed pretty much for free.
We also appreciated their free shuttle to and from the airport. We had a friend stay with us and they accommodated her with this free service and we really appreciated it since Phuket taxis were charging exorbitant prices for airport transportation.
We felt extremely safe at the property, even though it's down an alley way, it has many businesses and you never had that uncomfortable slight dangerous feeling you get sometimes being in a foreign country.
One of the negative thing about this property is ironically one of the positive thing also. It is right on Bangla road, so going to the bars and clubs is great, but the partying goes on till the early morning hours and if you are on the west side of the building you will constantly hear the partying music every night unless you wear ear plugs or are passed out.
Bangla road shuts down to traffic every night after 6pm, so if you need to drive/scooter anywhere, you have to do it before 6pm, otherwise you're [--] and you have to either walk to your destination or find a meeting point with your transportation off Bangla road. It made it really inconvenient at times. We would often walk our scooter back to the hotel room when we were out later than 6pm, which was all the time.
The on site pool was a little on the small side and did not have a whole lot of shade. Although on nice days one would go to the beach rather than go to the pool. The restaurant was expensive and unless you went there for happy hour or with a free dinner coupon it really wasn't worth it because there were so many other cheaper places to go that had better authentic Thai food.
There was no on site gym or spa, you actually have to go to their other Absolute Pearl resort for the spa facilities, which was a few miles from Bangla.. The kitchen dishware was a little lacking, only because I don't think they expected people to actually use the kitchen.
All in all, it's a great place to stay if you are young (or old) and into partying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laurie D
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Many thanks for your very thorough and very interesting review. We welcome the time and thought that has gone into producing this and we do hope you enjoyed both your stay and your decision to purchase vacation ownership with us. We do hope you continue to enjoy your future vacations with Absolute and to make the best of your membership.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at Bangla Suites in the beginning of May. even though we had to listen to a timeshare speech we still thoroughly enjoyed our stay. the noise from Bangla Road didn't disturb us to much. The staff were awesome and overall the hotel was fantastic. Would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: we stayed in room 106, not sure if that was one of the rooms on the 'quiet side' but it suit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbie t
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us last month. I shall pass on your comments to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a short 2 night break in Bangla Suites, in one of the penthouse rooms.
Room and facilities were excellent. Very comfortable bed and lounge area and great rainfall showers.
Pool looks great, unfortunately we did not have time to try the restaurant, but looked like it would make great night time dining.
Good service especially from Khun Jeab and the elderly car park/security guard who was particularly polite and helpful. Great location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words which I shall pass on to our team. So glad you enjoyed your stay in our penthouse suite, let's hope you can stay with us again and have the opportunity of trying out our Climax Restaurant.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was soooooooo dissapointed that we only stayed one night an Bangla Suites. We had been staying at Absolute Sea Pearl for 7 days, and had an extra day because of flights back to South Africa. If we had known, we would have stayed at bangla Suites for 7 days instead. Nice modern hotel with great rooms. Staff are very attentive and helpful (not that Sea Pearl staff was'nt), but evrything we wanted to do was close by. I would recommend this place to anybody who wants to stay in Patong

Room Tip: Does not really matter, but try and get a room facing Bungla Road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank your for your comments we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at both of our resorts. let's hope next time you visit you can spend some more time at our Bangla Suites apartments.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I handed laundry in at 9:30 am on the last day of our stay at absolute bangla suites, the hotel policy states if handed in before 10am it will be returned same day. I phoned up at 5pm that day and enquired about it and was told it would be ready by 6pm. I waited till 6:10pm and phoned again, there response was it on its way up now. I call again at 6:30pm, same answer. I then made another call at 7:30pm asking about it as the hotel is tiny and there isn't any possible way it could take over an hour to get to my room. I then went down to reception to find out what the situation was, told again it was coming now. After waiting another 30 minutes at reception my laundry finally arrived and it was still damp.

Normally this wouldn't be a big issue, but I needed my laundry so I had clothing to wear to dinner that we had made a reservation for at 7:30pm. Due to the fact I was told just after 6pm that it was ready and on its way to my room, I didn't go out a purchase new clothes for dinner.

Running late for dinner also meant I missed to pick up bus where I had purchased tickets to the kick boxing that had already been paid in full at a total of 3000b (roughly $100 au). After multiple attempts at finding my own way to the boxing stadium, three tuk tuks later costing roughly and 800b I made it only to catch the last two fights (ten minutes worth).

During check out the next morning when the bill for the laundry was handed to me I said I was going to pay full price. I offered to pay 50%, even after all the money the hotels lies cost me. He argued with me, during this time I had a bus waiting for me out the front and I had to leave. I said I have to go, we will have to sort this out over the Internet.

I received an email from them stating that it needed to be dealt with and to contact them at my convenience. In which I replied to charge my card 50% of the bill.

After a few days of not checking my emails as I'm on holidays and trying to avoid that sort of thing. I looked and found a few more from absolute bangla suite, the last of which was a threat stating if I did not send my credit card details and expiry date they would share my personal information attaching copies of my partners and my own passports.

I will never be staying with them again and erg everyone to do the same. There are hundreds of better places to stay in the same area. Don't risk being the victim of identity theft.

• Stayed May 2013