“Warning, selling people's credit card and passport information!!!”

Absolute Bangla Suites
Ranked #89 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Warning, selling people's credit card and passport information!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I handed laundry in at 9:30 am on the last day of our stay at absolute bangla suites, the hotel policy states if handed in before 10am it will be returned same day. I phoned up at 5pm that day and enquired about it and was told it would be ready by 6pm. I waited till 6:10pm and phoned again, there response was it on its way up now. I call again at 6:30pm, same answer. I then made another call at 7:30pm asking about it as the hotel is tiny and there isn't any possible way it could take over an hour to get to my room. I then went down to reception to find out what the situation was, told again it was coming now. After waiting another 30 minutes at reception my laundry finally arrived and it was still damp.

Normally this wouldn't be a big issue, but I needed my laundry so I had clothing to wear to dinner that we had made a reservation for at 7:30pm. Due to the fact I was told just after 6pm that it was ready and on its way to my room, I didn't go out a purchase new clothes for dinner.

Running late for dinner also meant I missed to pick up bus where I had purchased tickets to the kick boxing that had already been paid in full at a total of 3000b (roughly $100 au). After multiple attempts at finding my own way to the boxing stadium, three tuk tuks later costing roughly and 800b I made it only to catch the last two fights (ten minutes worth).

During check out the next morning when the bill for the laundry was handed to me I said I was going to pay full price. I offered to pay 50%, even after all the money the hotels lies cost me. He argued with me, during this time I had a bus waiting for me out the front and I had to leave. I said I have to go, we will have to sort this out over the Internet.

I received an email from them stating that it needed to be dealt with and to contact them at my convenience. In which I replied to charge my card 50% of the bill.

After a few days of not checking my emails as I'm on holidays and trying to avoid that sort of thing. I looked and found a few more from absolute bangla suite, the last of which was a threat stating if I did not send my credit card details and expiry date they would share my personal information attaching copies of my partners and my own passports.

I will never be staying with them again and erg everyone to do the same. There are hundreds of better places to stay in the same area. Don't risk being the victim of identity theft.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Jmarkhams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here back in July 2012. I originally booked a deluxe and they upgraded me to a junior suite. The room was the best I have ever stayed in...to this day! unless upgraded, the rooms are quite expensive for Thailand but worth it if you would like to stay in style and with comfort,
The only real issue I had was with some of the staff, as some were quite rude and for the price I paid, I would not expect that anywhere in the world. Otherwise, I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and will stay here again sometime in the future

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Hazy2000
AbsoluteSeapearl, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We certainly take customer service very seriously and take every opportunity to train out staff so they are conscious of the standards we are aiming for. Obviously your stay was some time ago but rest assured we are constantly striving to obtain excellent standards from all departments of our operation irrespective of price. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again when next in Phuket.
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just enjoyed a weekend at the Bangla Suites resort in Patong, this location is just fantastic - to be able to walk out the front door and down the small private road emerging into the action of Bangla Road is just awesome.. AND then once you've been satisfactorily enteratined on the street its nice to have that 5 star luxury to retreat to and relax.

The rooms are quite unique with a red and black theme probably inspired by the excitement of the bars and entertainment nearby - and the blue LED ceiling lighting certainly sets the mood ;)

The rooms are clean, modern and well equipped with Jacuzzi, big shower, massive bed, lounge and ipod dock. Also discovered dozens of TV channels on the flat screen TV all in several different langauges.

The upstairs roof top pool, bar and restaurant is the best feature of the resort, providing a poolside experience and cold beers whilst watching the afternoon sunset.

Only improvement suggestion would be to clean or improve the elevator, the floor is really dirty and it is very slow. Nights can be a little noisy from nearby clubs and pubs but that is to be expected in a location like this.

Great location and very sexy, modern resort. Not reccommended for families be great for couples or solo travellers.

1 Thank Scview
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review, we are glad everything worked a treat for you in terms of location and luxury. We have had a few comments regarding the lift and we are continuing to seek improvements in that area. Hopefully you can come back to our oasis some time soon when you are next in Patong and in the mood for a five star experience.
Brisbane
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is based in a great location if you want to be in easy walking distance of the Bangla Road action and beach, markets, etc. Staff were friendly. The rooftop bar and pool is a great place to hang out and has a two hour happy hour. We didn't particularly like the layout of the hotel room and the bathroom. Our bathroom needed some maintenance work and the 'clean' daily towels often turned up with stains. We stayed on level 2 and the noise from Bangla Road wasn't a problem so long as the bathroom door was closed. The hotel offers free wifi, however, we couldn't get access in our room. We ended up using the hotel Internet in the lobby. The hotel offers large American and English breakfasts on the rooftop for 200 baht - the coffee is incredibly strong. A good kick start to the day!

1 Thank kiwibrent1968
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are having some issues with the wi-fi facility but our IT team assure me they are taking measures to get the best provision that is available. So glad you enjoyed the location and many of the facilities we have to offer. Of course we apologise for the towel situation which should not have happened and we need to be extra vigilant in this area of hotel housekeeping. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Bangla Suites has been a fantastic base location for exploring the sights of Phuket.

We have found the staff friendly and attentive and the environment quite relaxing for a location which is bang, smack in the heart of it all.

We were impressed with the room and although staying In an odd number - quiet!

The pool and bar are fantastic with views to the beach and Bangla Rd. A great spot to watch the nightly fireworks, the lanterns and share a drink with bar staff that care about making your experience a good one. Special thanks go to David and Simon and the girls up at Climax. Food was excellent as well - special compliments to the chef.

Overall a great place to stay and I'm sure we'll be back when next in Phuket.

• Stayed May 2012
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for posting a review - I shall pass it on to the team and especially to David and Simon who do a great job for us. Glad the location was what you were looking for as we look to provide an oasis on Bangla Road which as you can imagine isn't always that easy.
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a junior suite for 7 days (10-04 to 17-04) and I would rank this hotel as good but not great, and it pains me to say it because it has sooo much potential but the little things let it down.

Thoughts on my stay:
Cons
1. The hotel ran out of water many times and I could usually forgive this as it was Songkran festival but not when it is one of the more expensive hotels in patong!! When we did hae water it was unfiltered and had definite smell about it (most hotels in panting use water tanks and do not have mains supplied water)

2. My room had a constant wet stale smell that they couldn't get rid of and the air conditioned only helped a bit which was very disappointing

3. The lounge in my room was very dirty and the walls were not clean (scuff marks everywhere) and again usually I wouldn't care but this hotel is very expensive so you expect more

4. I had the junior suite which had a fully self contained kitchen and ALL the appliances were dirty and I had to re wash all the cutlery just to be safe.... You shouldn't have to do that which show the lack of effort they put in..

5. The staff were very polite and wanted to be helpful but most spoke very bad English which made it almost impossible to sort out any issues. It's very frustrating when I was having to tell the cleaner what I wanted and she was translating as she spoke better English than those at the front desk and I regret not getting her name to offer my thanks to her

6. For me the wifi was not good... When I could finally connect it was bad strength and I had to manually log in every time.. I haven't seen anyone else with this issue so I would say its just me

Pros
1. Great location so close to the heart of the action. I had a room right above the next door night club and in 7 nights I only had noise issues once and the noise wasn't that bad but I was drunk when I got back and I got back at 4-5am every morning!!

2. The restaurant on the top floor is an undercover outside area and is really good. It's well priced and the food is if a great standard.

3. The room itself was fantastic and only the stale wet smell and being dirty let it down. If it wasn't for those things the room was definitely 5 star quality...

4. The hotel has a good laundry service which is well priced. The clothes were returned te next day in great condition

All in all I was happy with my stay but it was the lack if effort with the little things that let's this hotel down. After all, it's the little things that turns a good hotel into a great one... And nothing the managers comments can say will change that!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Devil_Child78
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are currently addressing the issues you mentioned specifically the water problem. Many of these issues are housekeeping concerns and our management team are fully aware of them. The broadband supply is a new issue and that is being looked into by our IT department to maintain the service level required. We are grateful that guests can bring these concerns to us so that the standards we set ourselves can be maintained on and improved at all levels.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed for a week via absolute, and meant to be a 5* hotel room was at the front of the hotel just off Bengal road little to no noise, room was fine cracks in the wall by door to the bathroom. Bath was not sealed the water supply to the bath was not very good had to put a face cloth round the out let to stop the water going all over the floor. Then had power loss on day 4 for 40 mins then had intermittant fire alarms going off at the8.30 am, And to crown it off we have had no water in the room twice for more than 5 hours each time. Location was great though shame the hotel didn't match it

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, Public Relations Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I'm sorry that there were several things that were not to your liking and we are looking into them. The loss of power is unfortunately something that does occur during the monsoon in Phuket but Bangla Suites does have its own emergency generator for such occasions.