“Absolutely the way to have a holiday!”

Absolute Bangla Suites
Ranked #72 of 338 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Absolute Bangla Suites are great! A comfortable Kingsize bed, large flat screen TV, dvd player and hot-tub come as standard features of this awesome accommodation. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the hotel is located just off Bangla Rd; so its close to all the shopping, nightlife and beaches that Patong and wider Phuket have to offer.

I admit that I was initially sceptical of the free week accommodation I won on my Phuket holiday last year...considering that all it was going to cost me was a booking fee (less than AUS$100) and few hours of my time (1.5hrs upon winning and 1.5hrs when using the accommodation)... but now that I have just (reluctantly) completed the 2nd presentation with Stephan, I can confirm that the Absolute promotion is 100% legit and a great deal; despite the fact that I didnt buy into the vacation club / timeshare offer (which I am very tempted to do next year, when I am more financial)!

I cant believe people get on sites like this and try to discredit such a great company, simply for doing good business and giving away free gifts; one of which is likely to be a free week stay in one of their Absolute hotels / resorts.

Its like spitting in the face of someone who has just given you AUS$1000! (WHAT A DOG ACT!)

Try and book a week in Absolute Bangla Suites and check the prices for a single room...then you can see how much this company is willing to stand behind their product when they give away free accommodation! I will recommend Absolute to all my family and friends in Australia without hesitation...and I will quickly defend this company against any and all haters..."keep your BS offline!"

Love Chad!

Room Tip: All rooms are great...but if you can get the penthouse suite...do it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank chad_watson
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Hello chad_watson

thanks for your review of Absoute Bangla Suites and for your support in our efforts to provide a good experience for all our guests, no matter where they are from.

Getting feedback like yours is most gratifying and this has been passed on to the resort staff as well.

We hope that you will be coming back next year and that you will choose Absolute Bangla Suites for your stay.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is in a great location for nightlife, but that nightlife keeps going when you are ready for bed. It is audible most of the night.

For a place that is still actively selling timeshare weeks, I would think they would make sure the hallways look pristine. I found them to be clean, but the walls in the halls and rooms seemed to have been banged up quite a bit. The rooms were spacious and modern but were also very musty smelling. I did not want to sit on the furniture as I could only imaging what must be growing in it.

I have stayed in much nicer places for much less, and there are other placed in Patong that would have been a better value

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank m5clt

Dear m5clt

I thank you for your candid review. I am disappointed that you did not like your stay with us and have shown this review to my staff. The need for improvement in the areas mentioned has been stressed and action ordered.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on where we are slipping.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is our 6th visit to Phuket and our 3rd trip and stay in Patong. We continue to be drawn here for the simple reasons of the great location, the beautiful Thai people and of course, the price.
We are in a penthouse suite in Bangla which is as good as you will find anywhere, with nice new furnishings, chrome fridge and cooking area, so basically fully self contained if that is your go.
NOT OURS. We love the Climax Restauraunt on the top floor with the outdoor bar and swimming pool all as one. The food is great and for around $15 per head, your can have a beautiful 3 course dinner or for just $7 each your breakfast is served.
We are in our mid fifties so the noise would put some people off staying here, but when you are 1 minute from the main drag in Patong, Banla Road, it is the perfect place to stay, with a multitude of bars and restauraunts to choose from.
A short walk away is Junkceylon, a huge shopping centre with a large supermarket for all you in-house dining, plus 3 floors of everything you need for your stay.

Room Tip: If noise is a problem and interferes with sleeping, ask for a room on the south side, the furtherest...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ian m

Hello Ian m

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our service. I have passed your comments on to our staff.

We hope that you will again choose Absolute Bangla Suites for your 4th stay in Patong and look forward to welcoming you through our doors.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel belongs to the time-share chain, thus you should expect sales presentations. If you are prepared for it then it is not a problem and it should not bother your vacation much. The room was new and perfect: around 50-60 m2, livingroom, bedroom, 2 TVs, bose mp3 player, jacuzzi, fully equipped kitchen. The cleaning service was excellent. This hotel is 50 meters from the Bangla Road, where almost all night life takes place, but the noise from there was not a problem at all. You should choose this hotel if you want to spend active vacation and stay in the centre, but if you want sea, beach and quite rest you should look for another option.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SupremoEst

dear SupremoEst,

we are all very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us at Absolute Bangla Suites.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Lovely modern clean apartments, balconies are not very good, no clear views, no washer or drier, windows are filthy overlooking other buildings, work being carried out at the Tiger bar in the day so drilling etc can be heard, the swimming pooł mayt not be used, however a free trip to and from another Hotel is available. The Staff are very helpful and find any information necessary. The Patong beach od 5 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear woz106, thank you for your review and feedback.

I am pleased to be able to inform you that the emergency repairs to our pool are complete and it is back in action for all to use. The building by the Tiger group is nearing completion and we will then be able to clean the whole exterior of the hotel putting an end to the dirty windows.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were offered a very cheap 7 day package holiday in Phuket following an entry in the Melbourne Holiday & leisure Expo with the catch of attending a 90 minute presentation!
We were expecting the "hard sell" presentation and were agreeably surprised when our consultant, Stefan, turned out to be very reasonable no pressure or hard sell.

The Bangla Resort we stayed in was nice while not as luxurious as advertised it was very comfortable and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. They arranged several of our events during the week with no hassles at all.
It was unfortunate that the pool was out of commission while we were there and we had to ask for milk everyday but apart from that no complaints.

We would definitely return to stay in one of the Absolute Resorts even though we did not sign up for membership at this time.
Thanks for a very enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: We had a room facing away from Bangla Road so weren't affected by the night clubs and bars on th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you, Barb G, for your review.

We are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Absolute Bangla Suites. The pool is no back in full working order after major repairs and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The presidential suite was nothing more than a deluxe room, backed onto a pubs next door - so the music was banging away until the wee hours of the morning.
Hotel (reception) staff we're rude and impolite. Rest of the staff were great.
Glad I was only staying for one night.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel - but if you do stay at this one - request a room away from the bars next door...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David F

Dear DarwinDavid8888

thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I must admit to being a little confused as we do not have a room designated as Presidential Suite but nonetheless I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

We are aware of the noise issue from the nearby bars and examining ways of reducing its effect on our guests.