“Right in the heart of the action!”

Absolute Bangla Suites
Ranked #85 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Ballarat, Australia
“Right in the heart of the action!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

A very flash hotel right in the heart of Bangla road, Walking distance to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and everything else that there is to do in Patong. Only a couple of hundred metres to the beach!

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor on the back of the building and couldn't hear any noise from B...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carly6000
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
dear Carly6000 I have passed your very kind comments to the staff and management at the resort and they are so pleased that you have a good stay with us in Patong. We look forward to welcoming you through our doors again.

Geraint Lewis
Head of Resort Operations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Well I'll start off with the good things about this hotel:
1-location is in the middle of bangla road so if you are into night life this is the best location and also very close to the shopping mall and food options.
There are high tech stuff in the room such as the iPod doling station and ip telephone.

The bad things are:
Cleaningles is very poor and I seriously mean dirty, mostly all the towels had stains on them and smelled very weird I suggest using your own towel because it's really disgusting. Bed sheets also had stains on them With the terrible smell too.
House keeping staff do are not really doing their jobs and actually I saw them sitting around in other rooms while cleaning kind of consists of changing the towels and removing the garbage they even didn't take time to clean the ashtray in my room and one time they entered the room while I was in the toilet and had the do not disturb sign it was really embarrassing!

The second morning my room got flooded with water from the upper room jacuzzi and the bedroom living room all were filled with water, so they woke me up to start the cleaning and removal of water and there I had like 5 employees in the room all working around and I hanged in there with a towel, you would assume that somebody would apologies for this incident? Well nobody did and I never heard or seen the hotel manager in this incident..

I booked the junior suite the space in the bedroom is really small you there isnt enough room to move bags or stuff.

Staff communication is really difficult due to lack of basic English although one front desk employee named Koy went the extra mile to provide the services.

The hotel asks for the payment of your stay upon arrival? That's actually the first time I had to pay before checking out and they insist on the payment so be prepeard.

Overall it's a shame that such nice facilities are being handled like this if the hotel pays attention to the cleaning and staff training this would defiantly be a great hotel. As of now it not and unless your ok with these things and only care about location then go ahead.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Azzuri78
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Azzuri78... Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for highlighting areas where we need to improve. Action has been taken on the matters you have mentioned, supervision increased and everyone has been left in no doubt as to what is expected of them.

Please accept my apologies for our low standards on your visit.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We saw these apartments when they were under construction and they really impressed us with the striking red, black and silver colour scheme and ultra modern design. Just a few yards from the totally manic Bangla Road you would expect noise to be a problem but our room at the front of the block was extremely quiet and very comfortable. Even included a jacuzzi bath and a massive flat screen TV. Free internet in the lobby and look out for the light show on the front of the building after dark. Nice pool on the roof. We didn't use the bar or restaurant, also on the roof but preferred the Absolute Bangla Club Bar on the corner which had a brilliant house band.
I loved it there - calm, relaxing place in the middle of crazy Patong.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a similar design, it just depends on how much space you need and even the rooms...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank somersetgirl011
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Somersetgirl011.... thank you for your recent review and I am pleased to note that you also saw us during construction. my managers and teams look forward to welcoing you thorugh the doors of Absolute Bangla Suites again in the very near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

ewwww.. My pillow case had dirty grey marks (appears 2 b dust stains) on them - BOTH SIDES! bed sheets had these red stains along with the same dirty grey.. Towels had dark black dots on them, lucky I brought my own towel!!
As I walked past a room which was being cleaned, I peered in.. 3 staff was in the room; 1x staff was cleaning, where the other 2 were sitting on the couch talking, 1 of which was also picking her nose!!
The shower includes a window with a partially white snowed look.. If ure taking a shower u can c outside.. My friend stayed in room 105 where the shower over looks the front entrance where 2 security guards sit.. I peered through the glass once jus 2 investigate the view frm the shower the security guards were already looking up @ me! We asked reception 2 change our rooms 2 a higer level as we questioned the shower.. The hotel was full n the staff member said they will call the building engineer as the staff stated people frm outside cannot c in.. She called me back m said the engineer confirmed outside camnot c in.. Sooooo.. Who/ what was the security guard looking @? I can even c in frm the entrance!! Its not tinted nor mirror finished..
Siiigh!! Was truly disappointed..

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank mimio86
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear mimio86

thank you for taking the time to report this matter. I am sorry that you were dissapointed with your stay and can assure you that we are tackling all the matters raised. We are retrofitting the glass windows and the current phase of linen replacement is complete.

I hope that you will visit us again and that when you do you let me know so that I can meet you personally.

Queensland
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed for a week in September. I was really worried about the noise factor being so close to Bangla road, but I need not have worried at all. We had a room on level one at the back of the complex. Our view was of trees, along a drive to another complex but aside from a busses that only came to and fro about 2 a day it was really quite. Once you were inside it was really quiet, I think being out the back was a good thing. The rooms were great with everything you need, spa bath, great shower in a huge bathroom. Mini kitchen with all you need to even cook if you want to. Very clean and staff as is the norm in Thailand, friendly with limeted english but always ready to help. The restaraunt and pool area on top of the complex was lovely. Breakfast was only 150 thb each, small but with all you need, eggs any way you like, with bacon etc, cereals, fresh fuits yoghurt and salads and meast etc for those who choose.
Location was very central you can walk every where from there. The only problem we encouted was because we had hired a scooter, if you are out after 6pm they closed Bangla road off to traffic so you have to push your sccoter all the way back to the resort.
Would recommend to any one wanting a central location.

Room Tip: I'm glad we had a room ot the back because there was no noise off Bagla Rd. Being a light sleepe...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linbrey l
Dear Linbrey

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Bangla. My staff have been shown your review and are delighted that they served you well. We all look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Thailand.

Maffra, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed at Bangla Suite for a week in an Executive Suite overlooking Bangla Rd. Was a bit dubious about the noise coming in (We arrived at 11.00 pm to the noise of the street at its worst) But the windows blocked out most of the noise, except the loud music from the Absolute Bar on the corner of Bangla Rd. strange that Absolute run the bar but do nothing about the noise volume for their guests.
The suite had king size bed in bedroom with spacious ensuite bathroom. There are dark block out curtains which keep out the morning light and balcony lights. Lovely balcony overlooking the laneway to Bangla Rd where you can sit at anytime of the day or night and watch all the people walking up and down Bangla rd (about 70 metres away). Large jacuzzi spa on the balcony (we didn''t use it but would be a nice spot to watch life go by, but can be seen by anyone walking up the lane way toward the resort).
The lounge/kitchen area was very spacious too with great well appointed kitchen , dining table for 4. Lounge with comfy corner settee, samsung flat screen TV and dvd player (same in the bedroom) . Only problem was the quality of tv reception on Aussie channel.
So really the room was excellent. If you are going to use the kitchen they don't supply dishwashing liquid or t-towel, so we left our breakfast dishes, and housekeeping did them in the morning) Who wants to cook anyhow?
The breakfast on the 5th floor restaurant was fresh and sufficent with fresh cooked eggs etc, fresh fruit and juice. Only 150 bht which is comparible to what you pay down the street.
Lovely pool and spa on 5th floor too with lounges and bar close by. Good if you don't fancy going to the beach.
Beach towels supplied in the room in carry bag (very good idea)
Umbrellas supplied in the room (greatly needed while we were there).
Don't come to Patong though if you don't want to be hassled by all the touts on Bangla road and surrounds. You just have to get used to them everywhere you go and learn to so "NO" politely (if possible). It is the way they live and make a living so get used to it. They have to put up with us bartering for a cheap price so take the good with the bad.
Be prepared to be scouted by the Absolute "crew" as they are out on the streets. We just said no as we are already timeshare owners and know about the experiences both good and bad.
The rooms have great airconditioning. we got an extra keycard and left it in the room so the aircon stayed on all day. great to come home to as the rooms getting stuffy during the day.
Enjoy the resort though, we did.

Room Tip: the front rooms have a view towards Bangla rd but with this comes the noise. we had a balcony suite
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pam m
AbsoluteBanglaSuites, General Manager at Absolute Bangla Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Pam M…. thank you for taking the time to post this review . We appreciate your kind remarks and I will make sure to pass your comments directly to my staff. The issue of TV reception is currently under quotation and we hope that this will be finished shortly. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you through the doors of Absolute Bangla Suites again in the near future.

Geraint Lewis Head of Resort Operations.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at Bangla suites from the 6/8/11 until 20/8/11 in a 1 bedroom condo. My sister and her husband also stayed in the same suite. The suite had a 1 bedroom king bed, a very large bathroom with spa and a kitchen, dining table and l-shaped sofa. The hotel were fantastic and we had 2 single beds set up as a double for them in this area as it is quite large. Whilst we were in the thick of Patong Beach night life the hotel was at the end of a laneway and we never had any issue with noise. The room was luxurious. The hotel restaurant on the 5th floor "Climax" was 5 star and an open air restaurant. The meals were superb and the cocktails and beer were flowing. The pool was next to the restaurant, refreshing. Any issues we had over the 2 weeks were dealt with professionally and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple