“Fantastic accomodation in the heart of Patong” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Absolute Bangla Suites

Absolute Bangla Suites
Ranked #72 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Hong Kong, China
“Fantastic accomodation in the heart of Patong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed at Bangla Suites in Aug 2011 for 4 nights in a studio appartment. It had excellent quality fittings with a big screen Sumsung TV with many channels (although covers a lot of languages so not many channels if you are are a one language speaker), DVD player, docking station for ipod. Big king size bed. Plenty of kitchen equipment if you want to cook. There is a small dining table for two.

Bathroom is screened off by a huge sliding glass door (normally it would be a balcony) there is a curtain that needs to be closed for privacy. There is a jacuzzi in the bathroom which I did not use it but it does look very inviting. A few little annoying things about the bathroom:
1. it does not have enough hooks or rails for hanging towels,
2. lighting is not very bright,
3. there is not enough area around the sink to put all your bits and pieces (for a single guy it was ok but for a couple there may not be enough space).

The walls of the room are a bit thin to both the outside corridor and the room next door, but not enough to cause any concern.

The pool is on the 5th (top) floor, large enough to have a relaxing swim, then laze on one of the deck chairs. There is a restaurant on that floor, serves breakfast too which looked delicious enough but I did not partake (I must remember to get breakfast included in my deal next time).

Location of Bangla Suites is very good, down a little Soi (street) off Soi Bangla, only 5 mins walk to the beach (very warm water) in one direction and 5 mins the other direction to the huge Jungceylon shopping centre (which is well worth visiting).
At night once you walk out to the end of the little Soi you are smack bang in the middle of a kaleidescope of nightlife (some on the seedy side). Soi Bangla is closed to traffic after 6pm so there is an array of people walking the street. Plenty of bars, eating places, and other establishments to choose from. If you are not into that side of life you may choose to avoid it if you can. My room was on the second floor, noise from all the music was not really a problem.

Staff were always smiling and happy, always willing to help, and spoke English very well.

Overall, excellent quality room and location. I would have liked a balcony to sit and watch the world go by or read a good book, but hey I wasn't in the room much anyway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the street, I believe the other side faces some gardens
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank WannabeHermit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Absolute Bangla Suites , My husband and i stayed there recently ,i was a little aprehensive because of the location about 50 meters off Bangla Road as i know how noisy it can be, well was i pleasantly surprised it was fantastic, beautiful rooms and great staff they could'nt do enough for you. It was really very quiet considering the location right in the middle of everything which i love.I hope you enjoy this hotel as much as we did

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bundyNewcastle
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

As this hotel was just off the main road that is the centre of Patong night life (Bangla Road) - we thought it may be noisy and a little sleezy.......and it wasnt at all. Our room was on a lower floor and was very quiet. The room was well appointed and the breakfast on the roof top was excellent. The room is fully self contained and local supermarkets are nearby if you want to eat in - but why would you when the local food is so cheap and so good!! Only problem we had with the room was the bathroom door - it is mostly see through glass and a bit off-putting when you needed a little privacy. Our son stayed on a foldout bed in the lounge - so when the loo was in use - the main bedroom door had to be locked.......but that was the only downfall of our weeks stay.

Room Tip: Low floor rooms = no noise
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sue1501
Harvey, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Hotel is very modern and is smack bang in the the centre of Bangla Road where akll the hipe is. My 22 year old son was also with us and he also enjoyed the Pool and bar, the 2 large screens in our room, very clean and beds were perfect. 5 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from Jungceylon. Hotel staff also a credit to the manager.

Room Tip: Very clean, modern and good beds
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

We had booked 3 months in advance for a 3 week stay, which we received written confirmation for. I paid extra for upgrade for 3 x adults. Upon arrival, they told us they didn't have a room for us, but would put us in a studio room ( designed for 2 ) and put up a fold up bed for the third adult for the first night and put us in another bigger room the next night. Not a good start.
The studio room was very small for the 3 of us, couldn't swing a cat with our luggage, but would have been fine for just 2. The bed was very comfortable but pillows hard and big.
The bathroom and toilet was divided by the room with a glass sliging door, so you could see right in the bathroom when anyone wanted to go to the toilet or shower - not a good design idea!! We had to close the curtains every time.
Of course we did not unpack as we knew we were to move the next day. They then put us in a penthouse suite which was much larger with a nice full kitchen. Still only one bedroom so they made the lounge into a bed for the 3rd adult. ( it was not a sofa bed) Again, the bathroom had glass doors to the lounge/kitchen and bedroom, so everyone could see in. We put newspaer on the sliding glass doors which fixed the problem. Again, we did not unpacked, knowing we would be moved again.
The third day, they told us we had to move back to a studio room again and then after that they would keep us in the penthouse suite for the rest of the 2 1/2 weeks. Although I complained, it didn't do any good as they just told us they didn't have the room. We were offered no compensation for the mix up, even though I had paid extra for the upgrade.
I received a email from Absolute saying they were moving us to another hotel for the last week to coconut Island ( which was not even in patong but on an isolated Island about 1 1/2 hours away) due to unforseen circumstances. When I received this email, I immediately went to reception to confirm our stay at Bangala and they told me they did not have a booking for us for the last week. I was shocked as we booked in for the whole 3 weeks when we first got there. Luckily, I kept a copy of the confirmation I had ( original one I gave to them upon check in, so they misteriously lost it) Even with a copy of the confirmation, they told me they had no rooms so could not accomodate us. I was really angry by this time after the bad time we got when we first go there.
I tried to ring Absolute who sent me the email, but as it was there New Year, they were closed for 4 days. On the last day of our 2nd week ( supposingly to them I was to be out of there the next day) I got hold of Absolute who tried to convince me to move to Coconut Island and that they were no rooms available at bangala suites ( even though I booked 3 months prior with written confirmation!!!) In the end, we had to move to Sea Pearl Suites for the last week. They did give us 2 rooms which were ocean view, but even this did not compensate for the huge ongoing mix up they caused. No one really apologised to us and no one from Absolute even cared. When we told them about what had happened, they laughed and made a joke of it, saying we would be experts in packing and unpacking. We did not find this funny.
Bangala suites are nice, comfortable, clean and good location. We had a penthouse facing the front of Bangala Road and it was very noisy with load music. When we stayed in the studio room which was at the back of the hotel, it was quite, no street noise but you could hear the room next door easily. However, it is risky booking with them because you may not get what you pay for if at all!. I believe they have a system where they are 2 x booking offices and they do not corresspond with each other very well and hence all the mix ups.
Don't touch anything to do with Absolute, they take your money and don't give a dam about you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ferries1
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

the best thing of the hotel is its on the bangla road the most happining road in phuket the property is average , room are too flassy all bright red all around the hotel but at the least the european kitchen is good with all accessories .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharmakaran123
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

one of the best if not the best hotel in phuket was that impressed joined the absolute group to secure my future holiday were of that standard

Room Tip: the superior suites are amazing
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple