I stayed at Bangla Suites in Aug 2011 for 4 nights in a studio appartment. It had excellent quality fittings with a big screen Sumsung TV with many channels (although covers a lot of languages so not many channels if you are are a one language speaker), DVD player, docking station for ipod. Big king size bed. Plenty of kitchen equipment if you want to cook. There is a small dining table for two.
Bathroom is screened off by a huge sliding glass door (normally it would be a balcony) there is a curtain that needs to be closed for privacy. There is a jacuzzi in the bathroom which I did not use it but it does look very inviting. A few little annoying things about the bathroom:
1. it does not have enough hooks or rails for hanging towels,
2. lighting is not very bright,
3. there is not enough area around the sink to put all your bits and pieces (for a single guy it was ok but for a couple there may not be enough space).
The walls of the room are a bit thin to both the outside corridor and the room next door, but not enough to cause any concern.
The pool is on the 5th (top) floor, large enough to have a relaxing swim, then laze on one of the deck chairs. There is a restaurant on that floor, serves breakfast too which looked delicious enough but I did not partake (I must remember to get breakfast included in my deal next time).
Location of Bangla Suites is very good, down a little Soi (street) off Soi Bangla, only 5 mins walk to the beach (very warm water) in one direction and 5 mins the other direction to the huge Jungceylon shopping centre (which is well worth visiting).
At night once you walk out to the end of the little Soi you are smack bang in the middle of a kaleidescope of nightlife (some on the seedy side). Soi Bangla is closed to traffic after 6pm so there is an array of people walking the street. Plenty of bars, eating places, and other establishments to choose from. If you are not into that side of life you may choose to avoid it if you can. My room was on the second floor, noise from all the music was not really a problem.
Staff were always smiling and happy, always willing to help, and spoke English very well.
Overall, excellent quality room and location. I would have liked a balcony to sit and watch the world go by or read a good book, but hey I wasn't in the room much anyway.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Absolute Bangla Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Bangla Hotel Kathu
- Absolute Bangla Suites Patong, Phuket