“Whats Annex Building?”

Ranked #318 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Whats Annex Building?”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Hi, Myself and Partner were about to book our stay at this resort, but it said Annex Building? For standard room, Is that different than the building in the photos? Will we have access to the pool on the roof, and everything else? Where is this building located? Please respond asap as i need to book my accommodation soon. Thanks. Anah

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anah22
APKPATONG, Reservation Manager at APK Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2010
Hi Anah

The Annex building for Standard economy room is located just behind the main building which is situated on the main road. The annex building has the reception desk and even a massage and spa room at its own right. Guests who stays at the the annex building, which just a stone's throw away, can access to use all the facilities at main building as well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Ive stayed at APK resort twice now and I am very happy with everything. The room was very comfortable and clean, bathroom was the same.
Both times I was there for seven nights and the staff were awesome. The first time I stayed the staff were great, but the second time I think they recognised me from previous stay and were just fabulous.
As an international traveller I take my mobile phone with me. Both time I forget to bring an adaptor to charge. The hotel did not have one available. They did let me use the computer at the tour desk to recharge my phone and even kept an eye on it whilst it was there.
If I had to pick something to complain about it would be the following. I only do this to be fair and honest. For me they are not really an issue, just being objective.
You need some English language TV stations in the rooms. Thai tv is interesting for about three minutes. But I would like to keep up to date on world news. Also each time I stay I can only get a room including breakfast in the rate. Out of 14 nights spent there, I went to breakfast only once. A room only rate would be awesome. However, this being said, the rate is chep enough that I dont really mind.
Again these two things are more just objective points of view rather than complaints.
I will be back again in February.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights as I had 2 nights booked at a 5 Star hotel near by.
When I checked in and was personally shown the room by the front team leader I was impressed. Its a new building with large comfortable rooms with excellent bedding and pillows. The facilities are a bit limited to an open air style restuarant which serves up breakfast and dinner. A small pool on the roof top with fantastic views. great to get wet but not a lap pool but nice non the less. The staff where very accomodating and helpful. Always with a smile and a greeting from warm people. Breakfast is a basic affair but of good quality and the portions are very realistic. For the money they certainly exceeded my expections and I stay in hotels rooms as part of my job. Overall a great place to get away from it and enjoy the peace and quiet. Before you spend 3-4 times staying at a near by 5 star you owe yourself to view a room and make up your own mind. I give it a 4 star rating A blower dryer is not a deal breaker..

• Stayed September 2010
APKPATONG, Anucha Phansiri,Reservation Manager at APK Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Thank you Joe for your kind words. We do understand that you usually only stay in the 4-5 star hotels. So we are pleased that your stay at our hotel turns out to be good value. Anyway, i would not compare my hotel to those big resorts. All we are proud of our hotel is the Thai hospitality and real Thai management.
singapore
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Going to stay at this resort again next month, this will be my third stay at this resort this year. I like this resort because of its location (5 and minutes walk to Jungcelon shopping mall and 12 minutes walk to the beach). It is a brand new resort, the Superior Rooms I stayed were very clean and spacious (I think it is about 35 square metre). The service staffs at the hotel were generally polite and helpful; especially the service manager who even arranged to get me a room with free wifi for my laptop notwithstanding there was only free wifi at the hotel lobby. According to the service manager, the resort management’s philosophy is to provide quality customer service so as to ensure that their customers are happy and feel safe the moment the step in and out of the resort. As a result, minor problems encountered (such as hot water and internet access) were resolved promptly when problems brought to his attention.

I would strongly recommend this resort if you are looking for a decent, clean and value for money resort in Phuket.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you Alan for your compliments. I do really appreciate it. Our utmost priority is the happiness of the customer. If sometimes things don't always go to plan, we have to apologize for the inconvenience. As always, please kindly suggest us what you would like us to improve, and we will take your feedback as completely confidential. Please do let me know if you would return to stay at our hotel again this December.
singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Balcony is facing another apartment across the road. Curtains have to be close for privacy.
Breakfast buffet is pancake, cornflakes, eggs, fried rice, bacon, ham, toast, croissant, juice, coffee and tea. Everyday is the same. The name of this place is misleading because there is no spa and definitely not a resort. The rooftop swimming pool is not for children and it is very small. No wifi in the room. Only at the lobby area. Connection is not always possible during the day. Hot water doesn't work if it is a rainy day apparently.

Location is not good for family travelling with young children because it is far from the beach but is very close to Jungceylon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor. In regards to your comments, i would like to clarify that we are the budget hotel and is geared to the budget travelers. Still, we are sorry that it didn't meet all your requirements and had to move your family to stay at the 4- star hotel instead.

Additionally, we have never advertised that we provide the in-room WiFi. We only provide free WiFi access at the lobby area only. And the hot water system now is not the issue anymore

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Hong Kong
Reviewed June 3, 2010

1) I arrived at mid night, first thing to take the shower....finally no hot water!!
2) I found 3 small & white cockroachs in toilet!
3) After cold water for shower, I need the hair dryer, no hair dryer can provide!!
4) There were so many rooms, the front desk arranged a last room to us, it just near the building which is building up now, noisy started from 8am!!!! I am not understand why they arrange this kind of room to us?
Bad experience in this hotel.

Good thing :
1) Location, just walk few mins to the Jycelon shopping mall
2) The staffs at day, friendly and nice, helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
APKPATONG, Reservation Manager at APK Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Thank you for taking valuable time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are sorry that your stays at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Anyway, we do appreciate your comments and will continually improve our service. i also would like to take this opportunity to correct your feedback as following

1. As a brand new hotel while you were staying, we did have some teething problems. One of them is the hot water provided. However, this issue now has been solved.

2. Noted this concern and will inform our housekeeping department respectively

3.The hair dryer is not provided in the standard room, but you can always request the hair dryer at our front desk (Free of charge)

4.Initially our team had booked you to stay in the standard room section. Anyway, if you had issued us during your stay, i believe our team will make every effort to make your stay more comfortable

Finally, thank you for your compliments on location of the hotel and our staff
Vernon
Reviewed May 19, 2010

What a lovely welcoming brand new hotel! We stayed for 10 nights in May,and cannot recommend it highly enough.
Comfortable,clean room which were serviced daily by the friendly staff, cable t.v,lovely shower room.There is also a very nice rooftop pool with plenty of sun loungers. The great place to laze around.
The breakfast menu is ok overall. Choices are not extensive but good quality and can be taken as late as 10:30 a.m. which comes in handy after a night out at one of many lovely bars and restaurants in Bangla road just a 5 minute stroll away. Jungceylon and its shopping complex is a minute walk.
Add to all this the very friendly and helpful staff ,and you have a recipe for the perfect relaxing carefree holiday

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family