“Great weekend, thanks simply to this Guesthouse!!”
Review of Artha Guesthouse

Artha Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2014

A very Friendly and informative Guesthouse located within walking distance of Patong beach.
Upon arrival and throughout our stay we felt very welcomed and appreciated by the owner 'Mally', who without any hesitation, enlightened us with his seemingly endless knowledge of the wonders of Phuket Island. He is pleasantly truthful in his explanations of the 'ins and outs' of how Phuket works, not simply filtering through the finer highlights but additionally explaining alternative options (from off track locations to the not so pleasant 'goings on'!!). From such information we found some lovely, clean and surprisingly cheap restaurants, temples not so famously recognised and relaxing beach side bars, with minimal tourist invasion...bear in mind this is Phuket !!!
Situated away from the crowded 'hustle n bustle' of Patongs' infamous nightlife', one is almost ensured a good nights sleep. Simultaneously however its location sits within a forgiving proximity, which avoids the burden of that mammoth morning trek back to the beach (a very familiar reality for the usual price paid for such economical holiday residences).
The guesthouse offers generous sized accommodation at a surprisingly reasonable budget, especially considering its great location.The room in which I inhabited for 4 days was more than adequate. In terms of value for money, what Arhta offers; the rooms sheer size, the king size bed (changed for you daily,*noted due to lack of this facility in some Guesthouses of similar budget), ample storage, balcony and warm shower, highlights its superior quality as a Guesthouse. Simply put, these facilities cater for a range of budgets. One I believe should delight both that of vacationing couples and backpackers alike.
The immediate surroundings of Artha Guesthouse home both excellent quality and cheap food (Thai, Vietnamese and Western), additionally to cheaper alcohol (Grandma's Thai food, situated almost directly opposite Artha), where big bottles of local Thai beer cost less than that of the norm for a small bottle (in comparison to a beverage found in the main streets and bars).
Having spent 2 years living and travelling around Thailand, sampling many of the 'delights' this country has to offer (both high and low scale), I would have to say that Artha Guesthouse provided a fundamental base for one of the most enjoyable experiences I have so far encountered, as I continue to explore and uncover this countries many gems.
Simply.... thank you.
Alex

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Alex398
There are newer reviews for Artha Guesthouse

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Artha Guesthouse is definitely some where I would return to stay. Situated just a couple of minutes walk off Rat-U Thit Road, which is the main strip where most of the bars and shops are and the Jungceylon shopping centre. The location is just right to be staying far enough from the hustle and bustle for a good nights sleep but close to all local amenities and attractions and only 15 minute walk from Patong Beach. Only a 15 minute taxi ride to Kata and Karon Beaches, few minutes walk to Simon's Cabaret and short taxi distance to Tiger Kingdom, Elephant Trekking and much more. Rooms are clean and of a good standard in size and décor, with a balcony. Artha Guesthouse has a good strong and high speed wi-fi signal, a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the bar which also has all English and international TV channels. The host Mally was really helpful in advising us of must see attractions like the Fantasea Show (spectacular!) and helped us organise day trips to Phi Phi islands, elephant trekking etc, all at very reasonable prices. Directed us to some good Thai restaurants, and the local night market a few minutes walk away. Really enjoyed my stay at Artha Guesthouse & would recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank 398Donna_S
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have stayed in a few places in Thailand but Artha's guest house would have to be the best by far considering how cheap it is the service is A1 the rooms are awesome and the location is unbeatable when in Thailand I do recommend u must try !!!!!!! Coreyjoelgrech@gmail.com

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank cozza83
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This gest house had a very nice big and confortable and clean room.
The owner was very helpfull and also very freindly.
He booked trips for us and he also got the trips cheaper than the other tour shops that we asked at.
There is a nice quiet bar in this gest house to and all people were nice to me and my boyfrend.
I was very happy with my stay here and recomend it a lot.
Thank you for your help and kindness.

Room Tip: All rooms are big I think
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vu H
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have spent about 2 years or more in Thailand over the last decade in many hotels and guest houses and I can honestly say this stay has been 1 of my favourites.
Its perfect for budget travellers!!!
The rooms are a little dated but make up for it in size and cleanliness!
The locality is ideal…in one direction you have Jungceylon, the biggest shopping mall in phuket only minutes away, and that is opposite the infamous Bangla rd, which leads to the most popular beach in Patong
In the other direction malin plaza is only minutes away and you are already on the rd that leads to kata and karon beach., shooting range, go karting, elephant trekking, and tiger kingdom.
There is local family mart almost next door, a string of cheap thai restaurants, bars, opposite and in both directions. There is tax rank directly across the rd for those who don’t ride scooters.
And for those who come often this guest house is at the bottom on nanai 8, so again easy access to all on nanai rd.
The hosts Mally and Ae are extremely hospitable, and drinking at their bar is like a family party every night. Often full of rugulars! They have all the sports channels you need in the bar and several movie channels in the room, not just the usual 1.
They say don’t judge a book by its cover…or appearances can be deceptive…its certainly true about this place.

Bob Farrar (West Yorksire, England)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank bobfarrar
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my second stay at the Artha Guesthouse and the welcome was excellent, i got a really good rate through agoda and I even got the same room that I had last year and again was just staying the night in Patong before setting off for the Islands the following day. Enjoyed a great evening in the guesthouse bar with my friends, with the prices in Pattong getting crazy even for 3/4 star hotels I found this little gem last year. The guesthouse staff are all happy and nothing is too much trouble, rooms clean, bathroom and shower good, extra towel no problem. The Internet was really fast managed to download several movies on my laptop whilst we where out and unlike most hotels you can leave your laptop on when you go out. Mally's bar is always a blast and despite our best intentions of an early night we eventually got to bed around 1am. If you don't want to blow the budget this is great value for Patong. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor as i had emailed ahead
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank No7Agency
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Last week I had to be in Patong for a party, and I decided to stay with my wife for one night in a "good guesthouse". I always check Tripadvisor for the best place to go; so I did again.

Upon our arrival, I was really shocked about the condition from the entrance road and the outside state of maintenance of this guesthouse, and our first doubts came up already. It looks like one big contraction side in front of the door!
Once I came inside, this place looks and smells like an old English pub instead of a guesthouse. Nobody was there to welcome us at the front, a friend from the owner showed up, and offer us a free drink.

We went up by staircase and everything looks quite old and badly maintained. When we entered the room, same; looks old, and cheap out date furnished. Our real shock was when we see the bathroom; "I will never shower here" was the only thing my wife could say!!
Finally we went to the party, but we decided already not to stay overnight there.... Lucky a friend who stays in Patong offered us a bedroom for the night. We went back to "Artha guesthouse", took our belongings, and checked out; and we will NEVER return.

Last of all; Honesty I have to say, the host is a nice man, friendly as well. But I don't understand how this place can receive so many good and excellent reviews. I'm very disappointed overall by Tripadvisor; normally I can go on their advice; in this case they let me down! I understand that Tripadvisor publish reviews from other travelers, but I think there should be some checking, or controlling before you give any place such a high position. This place on number 1 is really a shame for Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple