“Great Guesthouse, Amazing Staff!”
Review of Artha Guesthouse

Artha Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 411 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Artha Guesthouse and Mally's bar, run by Mally and his wife, is a fantastic place to stay in Phuket. The rooms are spacious and cleaned well every day. I stayed at Artha with my boyfriend after iniitally moving to Thailand, and one room was plenty of room to house both of us and all of our luggage. A friend joined us after a few days, and Mally let all 3 of us stay in one room for an extremely cheap price, and all of our luggage still fit.

While the rooms are fantastic quality for the price, the best benefit to Artha is Mally and his wife. They have gone far out of their way to make our stay as easy as possible, giving us the best recommendations for taxis, food, and even driving us places themselves and letting us borrow a motorbike for free. When you stay at Artha, you are treated as family and it is a welcome feeling in a foreign country! I highly recommend Artha Guesthouse for the price, quality and unbelievable staff.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Connor F

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Artha Guesthouse is nothing short of impressive. The rooms are rather spacious for two people. The beds were always cleaned the next day and there was air-conditioning and hot water (something that I didn't even find in 4 star hotels in Thailand)

I came about the Artha Guesthouse as my girlfriend and I were traveling around Thailand looking for teaching jobs. In need of a place to stay in Phuket last minute, we saw the great reviews on this guesthouse and booked a room. Upon arrival we found out exactly why the guesthouse was receiving the reviews it did... The management is superb. Not only did the manager, Mally, found us a taxi to drive us from the airport to the guesthouse in the middle of the night, but he waited up for our arrival. He greeted us with a smile, and he said that he would be here to help in any circumstance. Before we went to bed we shared with him the purpose of our stay.

The next morning we caught him in the lobby, and he told us he had something to show us. We went to his computer, and there he had pulled up a list of teaching jobs available in the Phuket area. However, it didn't stop there. He also contacted some of his friends who are teachers and asked them if they had any advice for us.

Not only did he Mally us with our job search, he also lined up any sort of transportation that we needed and had great suggestions of places for us to visit in our free time. There was one day that he even offered to take us with him on a snorkeling trip.

All in all, the guesthouse itself is absolutely amazing and Mally and his wife are even better.I highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cory N
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Mally helped with airport transfers, internet needs and all accommodation needs. Rooms were clean and spacious. Good location and far enough from the bars that stay open too late.
Thanks Mally for your hospitality

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pmnal
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Even before arriving mally had advised me to contact him when getting my travel into patong from the harbour where my boat had arrived. i duly called and his wife spoke to my taxi driver (very helpful if you do not speak thai) and my journey begun. Upon arriving at artha I was greeted by Mally and his lovely wife and children. I was shown to my room which was big, clean and very practical. After a quick shower I headed downstairs where Mally asked what I planned on doing, after explaining my plans he told me exactly where to go, asked how I wanted to get there and arranged for my travel and made sure I paid the correct price (as sometimes taxis, tuk tuks and motorbike taxis try and overcharge). Even when out he dropped me a text to ask if everything was ok and if I needed any other advice. I enjoy a party so asked where a good nightclub was, yet again Mally was keen to help and advised me of a good club not far from where I was. The club was great and I was very glad of his advice. I stayed for a total of 4 days and every day the advice I received was invaluable to ensuring my break was as easy and stress free as possible. Can't speak highly enough of the place, as I say, not just a guesthouse but a guide as well. Of all the guesthouses I stayed at throughout Thailand this stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Stevie_T666
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had a fantastic time at Artha Guest house. Mally and his wife made us feel like part of the family from the moment we arrived. Anything you want to do just speak to Mally and he organises everything. Rooms were large and clean. Can not fault this place at all. Highly recommended.

P.S Coldest beers in Thailand!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Adrian M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Love this place. We felt at ease right from the start which is really saying something as we have stayed at numerous places over many trips to Patong. This was a relaxing stay, largely due to Mally and his wife as they are very helpful and caring.There are some stairs, so if you have problems with them it is something to keep in mind. It is a 20 min walk to Jungceloyn shopping centre and another 5 or 10 to Bangla Rd but its an easy walk, or 200 Baht set fee for a tuk-tuk anywhere in Patong Beach. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene H
Reviewed September 6, 2013

From the moment we arrived Mally and his wife couldn't do enough for us. The rooms are very spacious and kept very clean. The wifi is very fast compared to most places. Everything is in a short walking distance but far enough away that the nightlife doesn't keep you awake. The bar down stairs is quality, Man utd themed. I can't recomend the place highly enough and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple