“Great place.. Value for money. Mally great host”
Review of Artha Guesthouse

Artha Guesthouse
Ranked #17 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Great place.. Value for money. Mally great host”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I booked Artha Guest house through Agoda for 2 nights after reading such great reviews. As soon as I reached the hotel I was greeted by Mally himself. He is great host and went out of the way to make sure my stay was comfortable. He helped me book the tour to Phi Phi and got it at a great rate.

The rooms are clean very spacious and well kept. Wifi is available in all rooms. Hotel centrally located in Patong with close proximity to all the attractions.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor less noisy. If the wifi doesnt work, just connect to the CA...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tyrone_23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in Artha Guest House again as I always do when I visit Patong.
I had a great time, and as usual, was made to feel very welcome by Mally the boss and also the "locals' who use the bar.
The rooms are very clean and tidy and the location is very good, just a short walk to the centre of town.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andy P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked into Artha Guesthouse for 4 days on our way back to Australia. Mally the owner, was very knowledgeable of Phuket and where to go. They were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They told us the best place's to eat and shop.They told us of a little secret bay called Fantasy beach, witch hardly anyone knows about ( ops the secret is out now ).

If you are interested in football, soccer, this is the place to be. Mally will show any soccer team game thats televised. Not only that, his friendly manner was running round as the bar man serving drinks through the game.Mally was a great host and made a friendly welcome environment. Artha's guesthouse is not a 5 star resort on the beach, but the beach is 15min walk away, the big Shopping Centre is 15 min walk away, and so is Bangalore road. So for convince and nice big clean room with everything you need at a great price $25AUD per night, you just can't beat it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carl B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found out about Artha guesthouse from a friend who recommended it and I certainly wasn't disappointed! Very reasonable price, very clean and spacious rooms, and a great host who is always willing to held, if I was going back to Phuket I would definitely be getting my head down there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sundsvall
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The best thing about this guesthouse is the hospitality and excellent service from Mally and his wife. He helped us all the time with taxis, excursions etc, everything at better prices than elsewhere. Very nice to sit in the bar and chat with Mally and friend as well,The rooms are big with everything you need. Nothing fancy but clean and functional. About 15 mins walk to the beach and about the same time to Bangla Road. The hotel is situated at a busy and dusty street and the karaoke bars on the opposite side of the street are playing loudly all night long. If youre a very light sleeper I wouldnt recommend to stay here or somewhere else in Patong at all. Phuket wasn´t my cup of tea but if you wanna go there for party some days I could highly recommend Artha guesthouse.

Room Tip: Room 5,3 and 6 is higher up in the building so they are a little more quiet and not so much dust fro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Zeeland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I are from America and speak only english. This was our first trip to Thailand, our first trip anywhere outside the USA except for Canada. Patong seemed confusing and VERY different from anywhere we had ever been. The owner Mally helped sort it all out for us. When we first arrived, we couldn't get money off the pre-paid travel Mastercard we had purchased for our trip. We had basicly NO money! Mally and his Wife helped us by letting us use their phone to make the needed calls to sort everything out. He was not worried about the money. He was more concerned that we had a great vacation. Let's set the record straight- Is This A Luxury, All Inclusive Resort, Right On The Beach? HELL NO, For $26usd a night? This is what the Artha Guesthouse is; It is Clean. It is Comfortable. It is Safe. With it's location, you can comfortably walk anywhere in south Patong. The Beach, The Mall and Bangla Rd are all an easy walk. The Rooms Are Large. And you get the Excellent Advice from the Owner, Mally. All for $26 dollars a night. WHAT A DEAL!!! Mally, We miss you already, We will be Back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grayson R
Vladivostok, Russia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This guesthouse is in a 4-storey building with restaurants to either side, a taxi rank across the road, a great little cafe behind, the Trip Advisor highly-rated Lemongrass (massage) 5-minutes up the road, beach front 10-15 minutes in another direction and JungCeylon shopping mall 10 minutes in another.

The guesthouse has a bar dedicated to Manchester United on the ground floor and 3 more floors with 2 large rooms on each. Mally put us (my toddler and I) up on the 3rd floor in the room to the rear of the building to help reduce the noise from the street because of the plentiful nightlife in this area.

The room is much larger than I expected and our bed was massive and really comfortable. The linen was spotless and the room kept clean every day. There was also an en-suite shower room and toilet, air-con, a TV with loads of satellite channels, a fridge, a safety deposit box and a balcony.

Mally's Bar is downstairs and although no food is served, guests are spoiled for choice with restaurants and street food in every direction once you step out the doors. The bar is pretty quiet during the day and in the evening is mainly frequented by local ex-pats and their other halves. Everyone seems to know each other and will start chatting to you if you sit down for a drink - you won't find the Thailand you came searching for in this bar but you will find friendly people, great advice, and a bit of respite from the hustle and bustle of dusty Patong.

The atmosphere in the bar is a reflection of the British-Thai couple who run the bar and guesthouse. Mally and his wife (and 2 young kids!) made us feel welcome from the start, and when my son got a bug they really went out of their way to make his recovery smoother. Watching the couple with other guests, they take a very light-touch approach and will organise everything from onward bus tickets and taxis to the airport, to day trips and shows for anyone that wants them but they never try and sell - they know the 'discount' price and will get it for you. Mally even offered his PC loads of times for guests to use and said we could print out our boarding cards if we wanted to - all part of the guest-friendly service.

Mally & family - thanks a lot for smoothing our stay.

Room Tip: The front rooms will have excellent views from the balcony for watching Patong pass beneath you. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Patong Mansion Hotel
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 322 in Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong

Been to Artha Guesthouse? Share your experiences!