“Great place to stay”

Ranked #16 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found out about Artha guesthouse from a friend who recommended it and I certainly wasn't disappointed! Very reasonable price, very clean and spacious rooms, and a great host who is always willing to held, if I was going back to Phuket I would definitely be getting my head down there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sundsvall
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The best thing about this guesthouse is the hospitality and excellent service from Mally and his wife. He helped us all the time with taxis, excursions etc, everything at better prices than elsewhere. Very nice to sit in the bar and chat with Mally and friend as well,The rooms are big with everything you need. Nothing fancy but clean and functional. About 15 mins walk to the beach and about the same time to Bangla Road. The hotel is situated at a busy and dusty street and the karaoke bars on the opposite side of the street are playing loudly all night long. If youre a very light sleeper I wouldnt recommend to stay here or somewhere else in Patong at all. Phuket wasn´t my cup of tea but if you wanna go there for party some days I could highly recommend Artha guesthouse.

Room Tip: Room 5,3 and 6 is higher up in the building so they are a little more quiet and not so much dust fro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Zeeland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I are from America and speak only english. This was our first trip to Thailand, our first trip anywhere outside the USA except for Canada. Patong seemed confusing and VERY different from anywhere we had ever been. The owner Mally helped sort it all out for us. When we first arrived, we couldn't get money off the pre-paid travel Mastercard we had purchased for our trip. We had basicly NO money! Mally and his Wife helped us by letting us use their phone to make the needed calls to sort everything out. He was not worried about the money. He was more concerned that we had a great vacation. Let's set the record straight- Is This A Luxury, All Inclusive Resort, Right On The Beach? HELL NO, For $26usd a night? This is what the Artha Guesthouse is; It is Clean. It is Comfortable. It is Safe. With it's location, you can comfortably walk anywhere in south Patong. The Beach, The Mall and Bangla Rd are all an easy walk. The Rooms Are Large. And you get the Excellent Advice from the Owner, Mally. All for $26 dollars a night. WHAT A DEAL!!! Mally, We miss you already, We will be Back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grayson R
Vladivostok, Russia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This guesthouse is in a 4-storey building with restaurants to either side, a taxi rank across the road, a great little cafe behind, the Trip Advisor highly-rated Lemongrass (massage) 5-minutes up the road, beach front 10-15 minutes in another direction and JungCeylon shopping mall 10 minutes in another.

The guesthouse has a bar dedicated to Manchester United on the ground floor and 3 more floors with 2 large rooms on each. Mally put us (my toddler and I) up on the 3rd floor in the room to the rear of the building to help reduce the noise from the street because of the plentiful nightlife in this area.

The room is much larger than I expected and our bed was massive and really comfortable. The linen was spotless and the room kept clean every day. There was also an en-suite shower room and toilet, air-con, a TV with loads of satellite channels, a fridge, a safety deposit box and a balcony.

Mally's Bar is downstairs and although no food is served, guests are spoiled for choice with restaurants and street food in every direction once you step out the doors. The bar is pretty quiet during the day and in the evening is mainly frequented by local ex-pats and their other halves. Everyone seems to know each other and will start chatting to you if you sit down for a drink - you won't find the Thailand you came searching for in this bar but you will find friendly people, great advice, and a bit of respite from the hustle and bustle of dusty Patong.

The atmosphere in the bar is a reflection of the British-Thai couple who run the bar and guesthouse. Mally and his wife (and 2 young kids!) made us feel welcome from the start, and when my son got a bug they really went out of their way to make his recovery smoother. Watching the couple with other guests, they take a very light-touch approach and will organise everything from onward bus tickets and taxis to the airport, to day trips and shows for anyone that wants them but they never try and sell - they know the 'discount' price and will get it for you. Mally even offered his PC loads of times for guests to use and said we could print out our boarding cards if we wanted to - all part of the guest-friendly service.

Mally & family - thanks a lot for smoothing our stay.

Room Tip: The front rooms will have excellent views from the balcony for watching Patong pass beneath you. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob M
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Artha Guesthouse is what I call "home away from home" in Phuket. It is just a 10 min walk to Patong beach and the bus terminal, and 15 min walk to Jungceylon shopping centre, yet away from the hustle and bustle of the noisy tourist hotspots where you can sleep in peace (except for the occasional shaking of the building when a heavy vehicle passes by). Overall, traffic is relatively light and there are some cheap and good eateries around the vincinity. Convenient stores and laundry shops are all within easy reach.

Malley the owner and his lovely Thai wife are warm, friendly and helpful hosts and his bar at the ground floor serves cheap alcohols to guests who are soccer fans watching matches on the big screen. There are 6 guest rooms altogether and if you are allocated room 5 or 6, you have to walk up 3 stories to reach it. But the rooms are considered spacious for a guest house standard and all the basic necessities are there, including a safe deposit box.

If you are taking a taxi from the airport, tell the driver it is located at the junction of Soi Nanai 8 and Soi Phungmueng.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FX_Harvest
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at Artha Guesthouse for 2 nights in January 2013. Mally, the owner, was very helpful and recommended great things to do in town. He also helped me to book a day trip tour to Phi Phi island and arrange a mini van to the airport with better price and service compared to other places. My room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable too. The beach, shopping mall, night market, restaurants, etc. are within walking distance. Although the guesthouse is not very close to the beach, i don't find it inconvenient as you have to walk to the beach where ever you stay in Patong. It's better to stay in this budget guesthouse to save money for day trips to the islands.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cherry_1978
Xi'an, China
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My parents (in their late 50s) who don't speak English (or Thai) travelled to Patong by themselves. Honestly I was worried at first, and I went to meet them and stayed at Artha for 2 nights. The host is excellent! They were very helpful to my parents who came in by midnight. In the following days, we were given good trip advice at good prices and very considerate services. The bar itself is quite nice! Mally's a ManUnited fan so it's theme-decorated, we liked it (although I prefer Liverpool, my Dad's netural:) Overall, it was very good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tian Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Patong Mansion Hotel
The Yorkshire Inn Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Aspira Prime Patong
Aspira Prime Patong
#63 of 321 in Patong

Been to Artha Guesthouse? Share your experiences!