“AWESOME ANDAKIRA!”

Ranked #81 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Earth City, Missouri
“AWESOME ANDAKIRA!”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Glad choosing this hotel wasnt a mistake.
EVERYTHING was superb!
yes their command of English is limited but enough to make do n understand the gist of what ur saying. Besides if what u say is really complicated to them, it seems that they always have atleast 1 staff who knows English quite well to help translate for the colleague that u were having a hard time communicating with because of the language barrier.

I arrived at night n the facade of the hotel just pleased me. i know ive made the right choice!
Staffs were helpful, cheerful n accomodating.
Rooms are clean n very well maintained.
Turn over service is done every day once u leave ur room...
Swimming pool is very lovely albeit the short distance for swimming..
I feel that booking the pool access room is not a MUST to get the BEST room in the hotel
(the pool access room is more expensive than others) because when i swam right by, infront of their rooms, i saw that the rooms are smaller than the one i had. n kinda crampy unlike my spacious room. I can even play catch in my room if i want to! its that HUGE!
the only plus point to the pool access room is well, the direct access to the pool that u have. meaning u can access the pool any time u like, with much ease.

The breakfast in the morning was delicious n the varieties are extended. there's abit of something to suit everyone's preference of a perfect morning breakfast..

The location of the hotel is great too cuz its not that far to Bangla Rd or Patong St or even Patong beach by foot. So high noise level is not an issue, there's even a local version of a 7-11 just right infront of the hotel in case u need anything at all.

In a nutshell, i LOVE everything abt this hotel n wouldnt hesitate to stay thr again.
ITS A RELATIVELY NEW HOTEL, SO EVERYTHING IS IN THE ROOM IS STILL NEW!!
plus plus plus point! Enjoy the photos that i've uploaded to share the ANDAKIRA experience!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Supercalikirasexy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Located 100 metres to Bangla Road at the foothills on second road. Jungceylon Shopping mall just to the left and huge night market centres as well. Locals shopping area to the right. Everything in between - Bars & food.
New Hotel with good service - you ask, they try. Tour desk will compete with any other offer and deliver you door to door. Full of good suggestions also. Rooms new and clean and comfortable. Not 5 star but surely a 4. Take a pool access room - invaluable to be able to cool off anytime while in paradise. Pool bar has half price cocktails daily at happy hour - great value and fun before nights out. Breakfast buffet as good as any cruise ship.
GF OK if booked in for duration of stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LoveLife069
Greece
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I went in Phuket with a friend in the end of march and stayed in the hotel for a week.The operation date of the hotel was in november so it is a new hotel and a competitive rate. The location is ok since it is 5-10 minutes away of the centre of patong,15-20 minutes on foot away of the patong beach and there is also a shulttle bus. The room we stayed in was comfortable and the breakfast was good with a nice variety of products. The staff was not gentle but they all seem inexperienced. They definately do not provide 5* services (we waited for a long time in check-in, they provided us a double instead of a twin-bed room, they called us an hour after the wake-up call time we asked for, they didn't book a transfer back in the airport as they has already confirmed and generally they were not really helpfful). We had also a hard time to communicate in english but generally people in Tailand do not speak good english.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I read most of these reviews and I have to say that I was very impressed with the actual hotel facilities. This is certainly not the Mandarin Oriental hotel but in terms of space, decor, and structure it's great! The hotel is very close to the JungCeylon mall, which contains all sort of shops and restaurants. And it's a decent walk to the beach but they do offer a shuttle service every other hour. The breakfast was included, which was a plus and it was pretty good actually. In terms of service, this is where the hotel is seriously damaging itself. Some of the staff members seemed inexperienced, rude and at times just did not understand you at all. I've travelled to Asia before and this was by far the least experienced hotel staff I've witnessed. The worst part of it all was actually the first day, check-in! Horrible waiting time. So I give this hotel an average rating, however, it's beautiful, clean and the pool is awesome. It's a new hotel so perhaps they will improve in terms of service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FabuluxeTravels
New Delhi
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed along at your hotel along with in Feb2010 with my wife as we were on our honeymoon. That was one of the biggest mistakes that we made as it ruined our entire honeymoon experience in Phuket. The hotel staff and service were the biggest let down. English was extremely poor. They took a long time for check in though i had informed them in advance that i would check in early and they had acknowledged it. They asked me to wait in the lobby for 2 hours. I told them its quite hot here, give me some other room, they said cant be done. Finally i opened my laptop and showed them the mail, then they agreed to give it to me in 10-15 mins. My wife asked them 3 times for water while we were waiting at the lobby, it took them more than 25 mins to get it and that too when i went to the reception desk again and complained. Overall 40 mins taken for checkin. They had promised me by email, that since we are a honeymoon couple so that they would decorate my room with flowers, which they never did.

The next day in the morning we had to leave for Phi Phi Islands at 7.30 am. We came down at 7am, left the message at the Lobby with 2 people who were managing it that we were having breakfast and if anyone comes to pick us up, inform us at the breakfast area. When we came back around 7.30 am and enquired at the lobby, they told us that he had come 15 minutes ago, they were repeatedly calling my room, and when we dint answer, he left. I told them that i had left the message with 2 people at the desk for it, they just kept on repeating that they called my room and i dint answer. They told me that i was late. I gave up, called up the tour company and waited for half hour in the lobby for the guy to pick us up and paid him 100 Baht per person. All because the hotel staff foolishness.

Second day after returning from phi phi Islands, i told the room service, that the tea and coffee kits have not been replenished in our room which they do on a daily basis. The desk confirmed it would take 10 minutes. After that i called up again twice after every hour but everytime they said that it is on its way. Finally till the night it never reached our room and we gave up.

On the same night we booked a taxi for the Airport from the Hotel. Since we had to leave by 8 am, so i gave them a time of 7.40 am so that even if the cab is a bit late, we do not face any problem. But the lady at the desk insisted that we should book it for 8 am as the cabs are punctual and they dont like to wait for long so we booked it for 8 am. In the morning when till 8:10 am the cab did not arrive, i complained at the the desk that kindly take action otherwise we would miss our flight. They were trying to find something but seemed clueless where the taxi was. When i complained again, one of the men at the reception, told me that whom did i book it with at the desk. I told him the lady who was here in the night and showed him the receipt. The guy had the nerves to tell me that than i should complain to that lady as he wasnt the one who did it and it wasnt his fault and he walked off. DInt he have any responsilbility as the hotel Staff. Even though we were furious now still we dint use any foul language. The conceirge came to us and we reported the issue and how rude the staff was, than instead of saying anything to him, he is tellling us to calm down and tells us that taxi has been waiting for half and hour. Was it our fault that the reception did not that the taxi was there for half an hour. Or may be it wasnt there, and they were just trying to cover up.

The hotel ruined my entire honeymoon experience and left me fuming everytime we had to interact with any of the staff member.

We would personally never like to stay at the hotel ever again and would definately discourage others also to do so whether personally or online.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abi_jain

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Gold Coast
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed at Andakira hotel over the new year period for two nights. On checking out of the hotel, they sent someone to check the room who reported that a laundry basket was missing and we would have to pay for it. Obviously there had never been one in our room so had to spend 15 minutes discussing this, with the front desk reception unable to make a decision. On returning to Australia we checked our credit card to see we had been charged $200 again for our stay, when we had already payed online before we arrived. We are still waiting to get the money back to us.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Stayed at the Andakira Hotel for 5 nights. The previous reviews are correct, but it seems like service is getting a little better. At least from the hotel management. When I arrived, I was informed that they were having plumbing problems, so they asked me if they could move me to a different hotel for the night. I was concerned that it wouldn't be a very nice hotel, but to my surprise they put me up in the Patong Paragon hotel across the street from Patong Beach. It was a nice stay there. The Andakira picked us up at the specified time to take us back to our hotel.

The Andakira Hotel itself is okay, but not quite a 4 star hotel. The ceramic tile, instead of wood, and the lack of decor in the lobby don't quite make it 4 star. Nevertheless, what you get for the price, it is pretty good.

There was no water pressure for the cold water, and the sink only had a cold water line. This could have been a result of the plumbing issue. There's an in-room safe, which is nice, but it's rather small. Couldn't get my netbook through the opening. Other than that, the room was comfortable.

The breakfast was pretty good, though not as good as the Patong Paragon, and they provide 2 computers in the lobby for internet access. There's also free wireless access in the room. It was convenient to the shopping mall, and not far from the beach.

I had book 2 nights at the Burasari Hotel in case the Andakira Hotel didn't work out. The Burasari's Classic room was $25 more a night. When I went to check out a Classic (meaning old wing) room at the Burasari, it was worse than the Andakira, so I stayed put.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo