“Nice and friendly staff”
Review of Andakira Hotel

Andakira Hotel
Ranked #81 of 322 Hotels in Patong
“Nice and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Staff are nice and friendly. Location are great too but the main road are quite muddy. Its a beautiful hotel and without main entrance. There's a shuttle bus to Patong beach and Jungceyleon shopping center.

• Stayed August 2013
AndakiraPhuket, Manager at Andakira Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

We are honored and thank you that you have chosen Andakira Hotel for your staying vacation at Phuket. We really appreciate your comment on tripadvisor. The management team and all staffs will keep doing good job as well as improving the property, facilities, and services for all guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at Andakira Hotel.

Best Regards
Andakira Group's Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was extremely dissatisfied with my stay at this hotel. I stayed for 3 nights in August and this has to be the most disappointing stay I have experienced. During the first night alone the towels provided were filthy; they had what appeared to be hair dye or human faeces on them. However, they were folded in a way so that the stains weren't on show making it apparent to me that the cleaning staff were aware of this but chose to conceal it. The bed sheets appeared to be unwashed as the bed had insects, hair and sand in it. The bathroom was very cramped and the poor shower construction meant the bathroom became flooded after taking a shower; thus resulting in water leaking out into the bedroom. During the second day I witnessed someone getting stuck between the elevator doors, I later realised after a short period of about 5 seconds the door automatically closed regardless as to whether or not someone was trying to get in or out. The bedroom only had one spare plug socket and upon arrival the floor in the bedroom was sticky. The hotel had also provided us with dirty cups and a transparent window in the bathroom so that we could see into the shower from the living room which I felt was highly inappropriate. On a final note the hotel view was very poor, the only thing to look at was a construction site, the room also had a potent smell to it upon arrival and despite attempts to remove it, it seemed to never leave. If you do decide to stay here do not order room service as the staff can barely understand you and the food is awful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nina M

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Cheap package deal. for the price we paid it was an amazing deal with free wifi and great location it ticked all the boxes. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was standard Asian but could have had more western option available. Will be getting a pool room next time. We had a late flight out so they have us a 2pm checkout plus offered us a shower room in the evening before we left Phuket.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bluetom2009
england
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Until construction work is complete in this area I would recommend you avoid this hotel completely. Our Airport Transfer took us nowhere near the front entrance and I had to walk through water past my knees to get to the hotel. Any rain floods the street and the road is full of mud. On arrival, the reception desk were not at all helpful, suggesting I get a taxi! Eventually, they provided a motorbike that got my wife and myself plus luggage to the hotel.
We had a poolside room and the first room they gave us was so smelly, it was unusable. They did change our room, but the quality of the room was very disappointing and certainly in no way could be thought of as 4 star.
Breakfast was poor, eating with cheap bent forks from scratched plates. Nothing looked particularly clean.
The hotel did little to address antisocial behaviour of other guests. Groups of children, unsupervised by their parents were allowed to destroy the peace for other guests. When notified of the problem, the hotel staff did nothing about it!
Overall, poor service, no quality and a hotel I would not go back to, even if they were paying the bill! In my view, avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Even the best rooms are not that special
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 6 day stay at this Hotel in August 2013. It was my first time in Phuket and I was warned by well-meaning friends to be prepared to deal with the vast array of sights and smells. Ok.... consider myself "prepared" .

What I was NOT prepared for was the absolutely unbearable, in humane, putrid , rancid odour that hit me in the face and knocked me for 6 every time I used the bathroom! It was clearly an issue with the poor drainage and it got worse and worse each day. I mentioned my unbearable suffering to house-keeping, and reception every morning and evening and had to repeat my request for scented candles and scented oils each day.....I was disappointed that there was no genuine attempt to address this issue, apart from offering to change rooms ( which was not a viable option for me as I had booked to be next door to my travel companion). There was clearly no applied "learning" or follow up from my daily and nightly requests for candles and oils. Additionally, on day 3, out of pure desperation and impending madness..I hunted around the bathroom to see if I could get to the bottom of the issue and discovered, much to my HORROR, yes HORROR a pair of undies with blood soaked sanitary napkin placed in the gap between the gap between the cistern and wall. This is the most confronting and disgusting thing I have experienced at a Hotel. Now, one may well imagine that this would be the end of the foulest of foul smells....,however it continued and got worse.

In addition, on the first night I was awoken by people lighting fireworks at 3am in the street nearby( it sounded like gun fire) and inconsiderate hotel guests repeatedly splashing about and carrying on in the pool. I heard no attempt by Hotel staff to silence them.

All in all...... whilst the staff were average to ok....there nothing special here by way of service....the sheets appeared stained and not in great condition, the "slippers" were very well worn oversized thongs, shower curtain over bath was mouldy at the bottom...so my experience is one that will take many douses of therapy to overcome! Disappointing :(

Room Tip: Avoid room 311 at all costs!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank MsVic11
Singapore
Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you are looking to go party it up in Patong, but you want to sleep away from most of the noise, this might be a good choice. It is located down a little sketchy alleyway next to a (legitimate) massage parlor. It is walking distance to Banglah Rd which is where most of the crazy Patong shenanigans occur. It's far enough away to get some rest though.
Don't expect any customer service miracles though; the staff struggled with English and checking in took around 45 minutes due to some old equipment and a lot of confusion. However, once we were in, the rooms were nice, and had a decent view (we faced the mountains). We had no problems and it was reasonably priced for what you get.
Recommended for groups of friends, not families or couples...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlexeiRex
Keith, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at the Andakira for seven nights in a pool access room. It poured with rain (150mm in four hours) the first night we were there. We were out late and found on trying to return to the hotel on our scooter, we couldnt. We know our way around Patong and could not reach the hotel. Ended up abandoning the scooter and wading through over knee depth water to the hotel. We retrieved our scooter to find two days later that on waking up that it had flooded again and we were now stuck at the hotel with our scooter unable to leave until the water receded. Please note it does not rain this much all the time. Apart from that and having to change our room to a pool access room in the new wing, due to a foul smell coming from the drain in the bathroom, I really liked the hotel. The breakfast was the same as everywhere, the pool access room was great, although the view was not that great and neither was the location. But was in walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: Get a pool access room in the new wing. Ask to be moved if unhappy with room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple