“Excellent Location - A lil pricy”
Review of Tiger Inn

Tiger Inn
Ranked #106 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
West London
“Excellent Location - A lil pricy”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Booked the night before and got two nights for £85 between 2 of us so was rather pricy for Patong but we did leave it last minute. Great location with clean rooms and lovely bathrooms (superior room). This was my 2nd stay at this hotel and would definately go back. Excellent location near to Bangla Road which is very lively and vibrant at night. Not too far from the beach either although you do have to walk down some back roads.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I posted a review about this hotel after my first sty there last year, and gave it a 5 point score. I stated I will come again and so I did - this time for a full week.

And the reason I am posting this second review, is because I was disappointed. This stay I got a room in the 4th floor facing south opposed to the 5th floor room facing north I got last time - and what a difference it made....

First of all when I came in, I got overwhelmed by a smell of moss. I was told that after turning the air condition on, it will disappear. So I gave it 5 minutes, and asked to move to a different room. This room was better but still could feel the moss smell when coming in - but at least it did go away after having the A/C working for two minutes.

The second problem is noise - facing south, the room is located over the area where the band is playing - usually a little noisy but not too bad if you are not a light sleeper. But, on Monday it was just impossible - The noise was very very loud, and there were very loud drum beats that made you feel you are inside a concert show. at 1:30AM I was so frustrated I called the reception and asked for how long will the noise continue. They said they are very sorry for that ( because of the noise at the lobby floor it was very difficult to even understand what they say on the phone), it will take about half an hour more ( it did stop at 2:10 AM), and that it is because they have an open night (or something like that) on Mondays...

Rather than that, all the other good things I had to say in my previous review are correct - Large rooms, comfortable beds, nice bath tub (although if you shower - the water changes temperature like pulses - be aware of that...), decent breakfast.

To summarize up - in my last day in patong, I spent some time looking at other hotels in the area for my stay next year - I believe it says it all.

Room Tip: If you want to go to sleep before 2 AM - Only take 5th floor facing North.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BPorat
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2011

*Ask for the rooms facing Bangla road. You might not see it clearly but at least you'll get a good view of Patong.

They have a bath tub and good, cold air condition.

It's a good location for those places you need to go. Late night massage / bangla road / glbt bars / mall / seafood restaurants.

The elevator makes me a bit claustrophobic. Maybe because it is warm / minimal ventillation. But it's alright since I'm at the 3rd floor.

If you need big western foods, you can buy at the restaurant in the first floor. But for the rest, try the Seafood shops nearby :) Eat at the No.8 shop in the Seafood market.

Enjoy Phuket.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing Bangla road. You might not see it clearly but at least you'll get a goo...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
Reviewed February 8, 2010

A fair , good priced, clean hotel with very good service .Cited in the centre of Patong . The noise there is not unbearable but if you have a special problem with it(as me) ask for a room at the "side which looks at the school". There is no problem at all there.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank anastassiosa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Gallery Hotel
The Bird Cage
The Bird Cage
#102 of 406 in Patong
Ruen Buathong Boutique Guest House

Been to Tiger Inn? Share your experiences!