“Great experience”

Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #44 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great hotel, close to all amenities in Patong. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The only negative is there was construction happening around the hotel which caused noise during the day and in the mornings, dependent on your room location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The location is a little far away from Patong Beach. Our room is arranged on the G floor, actually it's half under ground. There are too many mosquitoes that makes me feel not good. Except that, everything is good to us. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good value for money hotel. Situated 10 minutes walk to the beach/Jungceylon mall and Bangla road. Clean rooms, kind staff. Both hotel resturants sell good food at a reasonable price. I stayed there for 2 1/2 weeks over Christmas and New Years 2013/14. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this hotel.
Being that it's 10 minutes walk away from the beach and Bangla road means that this hotel is a lot quieter at night which was great.
Overall a good hotel, value for money

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We booked a twin room with an extra bed for an overnight stay. Upon arrival we asked to be upgraded so we didn't all have to share the one room. The staff were very helpful and showed us to all rooms available for our group of 3 but unfortunately nothing was suitable. They couldn't take the extra bed out of the original room so it had to be paid for regardless of whether one of us decided to use the bed or not.

I choose a new room with a King size bed - all very clean. The room was very quiet at night despite being poolside. I recommend the day spa - the staff were very accommodating and it was open until ~8pm. The restaurant was decent and I drank the most decorative coconut from stay in Thailand here!

From what I saw great street food nearby and a 20minute walk into the central Patong area. Also walking distance to the Patong Boxing stadium for those interested in Muay Thai.

We prearranged for our cab driver to take us make to Phuket airport for 650Baht which was much cheaper than the hotel offered transfer. Note:checkout took 10 -15minutes while the room was checked - not great if you're in a hurry!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms on poolside seem to quieter. Perhaps further from the street and sound-proofed fr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

PROS: location is a nice walk to Patong Beach around 15 mins away. During the walk there were many vey local Thai eateries which was great.

- the cost is good and that always factored when always wanting more from the hotel

CONS: Cleanliness is lacking. Sheets were ripped and had stains. Towels had stains. Quite a lot of ants and generally the room was not so clean.

The hotel can get very noisy. We were next to a construction site and the works starts 8am sharp until around 9pm. The view was entirely the construction site so that was close we were.

Staff: they are not rude and will answer your question but they will not win any customer service awards. The only time they smiles was at check-in.

All in all I would not stay here again

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have 18months baby so I choose this hotel. Every staff is kind for baby. Kid's room is good. There is convenience store near hotel. And also fruit shop. But little bit far from jungceylon (maybe 15min walk with baby, 3min by tuktuk 200bath) and also patong beach. Basically good hotel for family with baby.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sawaddi is an affordable and yet beautiful resort to stay at. The staff were very helpful and friendly, especially the cleaning crew did a great job everyday making our rooms. They would go out of their way to even folding clothes that were left on the floor. Every morning we had complimentary breakfast, which typically I find those to be very bland and nothing extraordinary, but at Sawaddi the food was excellent! There were so many selections and every morning there was something different. One thing I did notice about the room was there was a slight odor constantly coming from the plumbing in the bathroom. I was told Thailand has a bad sewage system and so possibly it was due to that? It could have been just my room, and perhaps this smell would bother some people, but for me it was nothing too serious. Another small problem that may bother others was the walls are very thin. The first morning we were there we were awakened by all the noise and chatter in the hallways and could hear the family next to us clearly. We couldn't believe how much our voices traveled and so we tried to be quieter in the morning and late at night. It seemed as though other guests realized this as well and the following days I felt the noise leved dropped considerably from the first night. The location of the resort, at first, seemed far away from the main shopping areas and the beach. It was about a 15 minute walk (if you didn't get distracted) to actually get to the beach. Nothing too bad, but I was expecting it to be a little closer. However, I realized later on that because of its location I got to discover many shops and restaurants off the popular paths that I would not of found other wise. I highly recommend the 24HR cafeteria style restaurant on the left hand side of the road when walking toward the beach from Sawaddi. The food was delicious and SO cheap! My friend and I went about 6 times. Also, because of the distance from the main area, you were not disturbed at night by the loud music and outdoor noise while trying to sleep. I would definitely stay at Sawaddi again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends