“Clean and pleasant stay”

Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean and pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We booked a twin room with an extra bed for an overnight stay. Upon arrival we asked to be upgraded so we didn't all have to share the one room. The staff were very helpful and showed us to all rooms available for our group of 3 but unfortunately nothing was suitable. They couldn't take the extra bed out of the original room so it had to be paid for regardless of whether one of us decided to use the bed or not.

I choose a new room with a King size bed - all very clean. The room was very quiet at night despite being poolside. I recommend the day spa - the staff were very accommodating and it was open until ~8pm. The restaurant was decent and I drank the most decorative coconut from stay in Thailand here!

From what I saw great street food nearby and a 20minute walk into the central Patong area. Also walking distance to the Patong Boxing stadium for those interested in Muay Thai.

We prearranged for our cab driver to take us make to Phuket airport for 650Baht which was much cheaper than the hotel offered transfer. Note:checkout took 10 -15minutes while the room was checked - not great if you're in a hurry!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms on poolside seem to quieter. Perhaps further from the street and sound-proofed fr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

PROS: location is a nice walk to Patong Beach around 15 mins away. During the walk there were many vey local Thai eateries which was great.

- the cost is good and that always factored when always wanting more from the hotel

CONS: Cleanliness is lacking. Sheets were ripped and had stains. Towels had stains. Quite a lot of ants and generally the room was not so clean.

The hotel can get very noisy. We were next to a construction site and the works starts 8am sharp until around 9pm. The view was entirely the construction site so that was close we were.

Staff: they are not rude and will answer your question but they will not win any customer service awards. The only time they smiles was at check-in.

All in all I would not stay here again

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have 18months baby so I choose this hotel. Every staff is kind for baby. Kid's room is good. There is convenience store near hotel. And also fruit shop. But little bit far from jungceylon (maybe 15min walk with baby, 3min by tuktuk 200bath) and also patong beach. Basically good hotel for family with baby.

• Stayed January 2014
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Sawaddi is an affordable and yet beautiful resort to stay at. The staff were very helpful and friendly, especially the cleaning crew did a great job everyday making our rooms. They would go out of their way to even folding clothes that were left on the floor. Every morning we had complimentary breakfast, which typically I find those to be very bland and nothing extraordinary, but at Sawaddi the food was excellent! There were so many selections and every morning there was something different. One thing I did notice about the room was there was a slight odor constantly coming from the plumbing in the bathroom. I was told Thailand has a bad sewage system and so possibly it was due to that? It could have been just my room, and perhaps this smell would bother some people, but for me it was nothing too serious. Another small problem that may bother others was the walls are very thin. The first morning we were there we were awakened by all the noise and chatter in the hallways and could hear the family next to us clearly. We couldn't believe how much our voices traveled and so we tried to be quieter in the morning and late at night. It seemed as though other guests realized this as well and the following days I felt the noise leved dropped considerably from the first night. The location of the resort, at first, seemed far away from the main shopping areas and the beach. It was about a 15 minute walk (if you didn't get distracted) to actually get to the beach. Nothing too bad, but I was expecting it to be a little closer. However, I realized later on that because of its location I got to discover many shops and restaurants off the popular paths that I would not of found other wise. I highly recommend the 24HR cafeteria style restaurant on the left hand side of the road when walking toward the beach from Sawaddi. The food was delicious and SO cheap! My friend and I went about 6 times. Also, because of the distance from the main area, you were not disturbed at night by the loud music and outdoor noise while trying to sleep. I would definitely stay at Sawaddi again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Basic rooms, but most things you need are there. Fairly noisy at times in the morning and evenings as people walked to and from their rooms. But it is a busy time of year understandably.

Had to switch rooms after one night as our original booking was not able to be accommodated. Our friends almost did not get a room upon arrival (depsite them already paying and booking in advance).

Towels, even fresh ones had a distinct musty odor.

Enough people have commented on the breakfast so I will just add that it was food court quality.

Really disappointed in the 'compulsory' NYE gala. Having booked with 3 other couples I assumed at least I would have company at this pricey 2500 thb event which did not include any drinks in the price. However none of them had to attend even though we all had purchased the same room category. When I addressed this with reception eventually they admitted not everyone had to attend as it was sold out and it was the earlier bookings that were required to attend until the event was fully sold. My friends actually all booked before me so this explanation was obviously not accurate.

In other words, no one wanted to attend so a bunch of random suckers were selected to be forced to attend. Despite the intention of the $$$ event - seafood, pasta, salads and other dishes sat out with inadequate heating/cooling which left the hot food dry and rubbery and the 'cold' food lukewarm. This is beyond a joke for the ticket price which by Thai standards one would expect something even slightly edible.

From what I have heard this hotel used to be quite a nice place, if there was improved food and better policies/communication surrounding 'compulsory' events it would be greatly improved.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Friendly and professional staff, air conditioned and clean rooms, excellent location. The pool and gym areas are also excellent!

I have no complaints!

Definitely made my first visit to Phuket a memorable one! If I ever visit Phuket again, I will be staying at Sawaddi

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Being my first time to Phuket I relied 100% on Trip Advisors reviews of this place and stayed here for 6 nights.

Highlights of this resort:
- Awesome staff who spoke english, were super helpful and very friendly. Also nice to know that the front desk was opened 24 hours
- Room was modern and very clean
- Appreciated how the resort offered a 24 hour tourist booking desk where it allowed me to book everything I wanted to do and see from the one place
- Loved the fact they had a new table tennis

Suggested improvements:
- Breakfast and food in general was very average and I had higher expectations for the price I paid for
- Pool was a lot smaller than what I expected but still nice to swim in
- Gym was a bit small

Room Tip: If you like to wake up to peace and quite make sure NOT to have a room over looking the pool as each...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple