We stayed at the resort for the last two weeks of September. Were a little concern with some previous comments from other reviewers, Firstly the comments about the decking needing repairs/maintenance, well it commenced being done in the last week of our holiday, I’m guessing that it may take 3 to four weeks depending on how hard they work. They commenced at the pool bar area then started heading around towards the restaurant. They removed and would appear not replacing the decking that covered the pool draining area. The next section they removed the whole corner area and had commenced replacing it, but had long way to go when we left to come home.
We found most of the staff friendly, reception, Restaurant (especially Jack and Liela), Pool Bar and House-keeping. We really think that you need to visit a foreign country with a smile and a friendly attitude. Breakfast had sufficient variety to satisfy most tastes. We had a couple of meals in the restaurant both lunch and tea and found it to be quite acceptable. The Resort supplied 2 free shuttle buses to Banglia Rd, they run 10.30am and 2pm if you didn’t want to walk, We did not find the walk to taxing, they say it is only 900m, can confirm that it was a easy walk, I felt that it was only 2 and a half blocks.
Bedrooms were clean, mattress relative soft by Thailand standard, but we did ask and were given a mattress topper. And for a change the bedrooms had ample power outlets. You are also supplied with 2 free bottles of water. There was Free wifi all over the resort, I personally didn’t have any problems with connection, my wife did however but I put it down to a different type of tablet.
We do have some negative comments- We found that the rooms had limited cupboards/draws for two travellers, with one of us having to live out of the suitcase. We found the entry to the shower which is over the bath, you are required to step up and over a high bath through a gap between the wall and the glass partitioning, there are safety rails to hold but I found this slightly dangerous. Water temperature control was hard with it running hot then cold.
There are a couple of 711’s nearby, we would strongly recommend the restaurant Eat24, out the front of the hotel, turn right and it’s about 50m and on your right. The meals were filling and cheap, 770Baht for 3 entrees, 4 main, and 4 drinks, that’s about A$24 for four people in total.
We are back and are planning a return visit to Patong for next year, would we stay there again the answer would be YES!
Trevor & Donna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect LocationPeacefully but conveniently located in Patong on the south-west coast of Phuket island, within a comfortable stroll of Patong’s renowned entertainment heart land Bangla Road and the glorious beach. Just a 40 minute drive from Phuket International Airport, we aim to be your first choice when booking your Patong Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawaddi Patong Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa Phuket