“Awesome!!!!”

Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very nice Hotel, great service from the staff, they will bend over backwards if you have a request, which is not necessary, as everything is as it should be, at a hotel. Will definately stay again next time I'm over that way. 10/10.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank SIMMMO74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 6 nights, some nights with my contiki group. The rooms are comfortable and a decent size. The beds are comfortable, and the bathroom is clean. The location was great, and close to the beach, restaurants and shopping centres. The pool is beautiful and great for a relaxing swim. The breakfast was amazing, and the hotel restaurant was very good too. The chef even came out to ask me how my meal was. The staff are amazing at this hotel, and very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank klimmy16
Downham Market, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. It was quite small and quite contained behind the busy road.
It was in a good location if you wanted to walk to Patong beach or Bangla Road, although there is a long dusty road that can make the walk uncomfortable. (Not the hotels fault, it's just a point).
To me the breakfast was great, fresh fruit and an egg station. There were other options including an Asian breakfast and fried foods, so a good choice to pick from.
The hotel was modern and the pool was great with an array of beds to choose from all day round. Pond the pool bar server was really nice as well.
The rooms and bathroom were great, to some the bed may be a little but hard but it didn't bother us. Our room was on the third floor but never did the work across the road bother us.
The bathroom was a good size but the flush on the toilet was poor and the shower would rotate in a pattern of ok, hot, cold, scalding - at least it was in a pattern so I knew to step out of the way when it was scalding. Didn't bother complaining because its a minor grumble.
Check in was inefficient, but I was a bit grumpy from 16 hours of travelling so won't moan too much.
The only grumble I do have was towards the end of our stay a group of 10 took over the whole pool area. They weren't just loud, but smoking, throwing balls at children and literally took over the whole pool. They would be kicking balls and splashing our beds, to which we had moved to ones further back and we still got splashed. When I wanted to swim it was impossible as they were wrestling around. A couple of times the balls hit me, which ok I'm an adult but they were also hitting younger children and splashing their faces.
The children were behaved better, and neither did children leave cigarette butts all over the pool side. I feel that the management could have politely asked them to tone it down a bit. I'm 21 and enjoy a drink and playing catch in the pool and having fun, but they were just too much. Aside from that I was really happy with this hotel. It's a good 3.5 star. It was cheap too. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jade199
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was a great place to stay. It's proximity close to beach and Soi Bangla is handy. The rooms are quite large and very clean, with a big bathroom. I would definitely stay again and recommend the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Get one with a pool view if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank philwild68
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had a WONDERFUL ten night stay at the Sawaddi Patong Resort over the songkran period.

Firstly, the resort is charming and modern. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of bangala road, you're an easy 10 minute walk to the centre of town and 15 minute walk to Patong beach.

The very best part is the excellent staff employed at the Sawaddi Patong, in particular, Aum and Rose were delightful. If either of you read this, thank you both for your kindness and hospitality. I look forward to visiting you again soon.

The hotel has a healthy mix of families, couples and singles. Importantly, the hotel has done a very clever job of making the rooms very quiet - even though I had two families in my adjacent rooms, I never heard them. The only reason I knew they were there is because on occasion we entered and existed our rooms at the same time.

The rooms are very modern, spacious and clean! The best part was the ultra comfortable bed and good quality pillows! I’m fussy about beds, so this was excellent!

The breakfast buffet has a lovely mix of Thai food (noodles, curries and rices dishes), fruit, pastries, hot dishes and a friendly gentleman who will make you any omelette you wish.

I would highly recommend the Sawaddi Patong Resort to all of my friends.

Room Tip: My hot tip is to try a cocktail at happy hour by the pool called the "young guns and old grenad...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Brendan B
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived from Krabi, This is our forth stay!...this time with family who are on their first trip to Thailand, We all had a nice stay., reasonable breakfast, good size room. Staff remain friendly and courteous always willing to assist.The only problem was the road workings, which were horrendous, but obviously not the Hotels fault. We hope to visit once again .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shanghailil
Surrey, U.K.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have to say I was very impressed with this hotel. We found the staff to be friendly & helpful, the pool & surrounding area very pleasant & comfortable, also the buffet breakfast had plenty of choice & was included in the price. Our room was spacious with two comfy double beds, flat screen T.V. & power shower. There is also free WIFI in both your room & in the restaurant & pool areas. All in all this hotel represented very good value for money @ well under £300GBP for seven nights.

There were only two slight down sides to this hotel, one being the view from our balcony which was basically a piece of waste land. Also the hotel is a 15/20 minute walk to the beach which involved traversing unmade roads & dodging tuk tuks & scooters. However personally I thought this was a fair trade off for both the quality & price of this hotel,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family