“Beautiful hotel”

Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #44 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Sawaddi resort was our final port of call on our trip to Thailand and my favourite hotel by far.
The hotel is immaculate, great pool, excellent staff and beautiful rooms. Breakfast was a treat and cocktails at the pool are fab.
I really can't fault this hotel and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sawaddi Patong for 1 week, with my family and 2 children aged 4 and 7.
The hotel was nice and clean and a good location, however, the main pool area was uninviting as the decking around the pool was broken and a hazard.
The kids play room was dark and dingey and located downstairs under the hotel. The toys were for babies only.
The hotel staff were terrific they really loved our boys and I couldn't fault the service, breakfast was lovely and the food very nice.
If you want a place that's just outside of the craziness of Bangl Road then this is a good hotel.

Room Tip: we chose a room with 2 double beds and it was plenty for us
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Sawaddi Patong Resort.
I found the staff to be more than accommodating and very keen to assist whenever possible.
The restaurant was always clean and the food was of a very high standard.
Sawaddi Resort is located quite central and has several good bars and little restaurants nearby.
The Vara Spa was the best....I would highly recommend the Aloe Vera Warp.
Rooms were spacious and well matained. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 627KathyR
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very impressed by Sawaddi Patong Resort. The rooms were always cleaned daily. Buffet breakfast in the mornings were delicious, great selection, very clean, great service. The overall custoner service of the hotel was awesome. Anything we needed, they provided with no difficulty. Staff were very helpful with local prices of goods and transport and places to visit. The location was great, it was close enough to walk into the main part of patong at night and during the day, the Air con was amazing!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Taua_13
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The resort is a 10 minute walk to the Patong beach and 10 minute walk to Bangla street. (the two places one has to visit in Phuket). The rooms are comfortable with everything one needs. We enjoyed the swimming pool (happy hours in the evening). The staff was very friendly and did their best to try and help us out with what we wanted. Overall, we were very satisfied with the hotel and its services. Completely worth the price!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

the hotel was in a very good location
the stafff were frendily and nothing was to much trouble for them
the room and the food at the hotel was execellent
and we are looking foreward to our next trip to phuket thailand very soon
and thanks again to all the staff at the sawaddi hotel
that made our first trip to thailand so fantastic

Room Tip: a garden the pool room overlooking
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is 3.5star resort, not really a 4 star due to some facilities and standard that they haven't really reach yet, but somehow just for the aspect of hospitality, I can't say they are 5 star or excellent service, but it was really much more better than what I expected at first....

The check-in/ check-out were great, at least staffs were smiling to you and greeted you whenever they see you.. I don't expect they can greet me and address my name at the same time, but somehow just greeting is more than enough... The room was quite spacious, with a balcony and 2 chairs + a small table, well, even though the view wasn't that good at all, but we were quite happy with it~

The breakfast was pretty good, not really a huge selection but just nice and enough~ The pool was little bit small but that's not a huge matter... And the highlight was the massage... The therapist was fantastic... It might costs little bit more compared to outside, but it's really worth to try and check it out if you got a chance to stay here.... It may or may not disappoint you, but at least I had a great time during my stay... Again, don't put too high expectation or compared it with those 5 star massage or whatever, just compared it with a regular massage that we can find outside the hotel, this is consider pretty good to me~

Just right after I entered the spa unit, I saw lady who was wearing a staff-management uniform... She saw me, smile and greet at me, and asked me bout me stay and so on... I told her bout my opinions (which mentioned before except the massage which it hasn't by that time) and I quite the hotel. She was very happy and keep saying thank you and they will make themselves better in hospitality and so on.... I thought she was the general manager or maybe AGM or so, but then I found out she just the front office manager (I think so)... We discussed bout the room allocating or so, she gave me very good feedback in how she deals those problems or whatever which kinda impressed me.....

If there was no 3.5 stars, but just 3 or 4 stars for hotel rating, this should be listed as 3 stars instead of 4 stars; however, their efficiency, their smile and the service standard are much more than we can expected for such a category of hotel.... 3 stars hotel doesn't means without any good hospitality, it just we have slightly lower expectation towards them, but as for this one.... Go ahead if you had a chance to stay here... Even though it has no beach at all, with bout 10-15minutes walking distance, unless you want to stay in the beach all day and throughout your whole stay, or else this resort shall not disappoint you~ :)

ps: the only little thing that disappoint is there is no bathtub in the bathroom~ lol~

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends