I visited Sawaddi during last years Christmas Period and to be quite honest I wasn't very impressed and to I'm not too sure how it received Trip Advisor's winner for certificate of excellence.
The Check In was standard and nothing more.
The Room was a standard room and I have stayed at 3 star resorts with similar rooms. We had a room that faced the street and it had a balcony but there were no chairs and table so I wasn't sure of it's actual purpose. The bed was quite firm but I did manage to sleep well. The cleaning of the room on a day to day basis was substandard.
The staff - one of the few positives of this place was most of the staff seemed to be polite and welcoming.
The Pool - I'm not sure why you would leave the pool decking works until peak period and these works were until 11am, so if you wanted to relax by the pool prior to that forget it, banging and drilling was sure to keep you far from relaxed. So 11am comes around and the maintainence people leave and you can finally relax. That is until the pool water jets come on and if you are on the wrong sun lounger prepare to be soaked with water. It came to the point where we requested these jets to be turned off and to their credit they did so immediately. I found the pool temperature to be cool and refreshing.
The Food - I wasn't a big fan of the food, the satay wasn't the best I've had. I actually preferred to walk 50 metres down the road for lunch. The breakfast was well below my expectations and although I had free breakfast included with my booking I decided to eat elsewhere on my last morning
The Location - I not going to criticise the location as I was aware when I booked how far it was from the beach. It's only about a 10 minute walk to Patong Beach and about 15 minutes to Bangla Road. Yes it is in the back blocks of Patong but I actually didn't mind that.
The Check Out was smooth.
Overall, for the price and the peak time of year it was good value. As far as being classified 4 star, no way. I would give Sawaddi Patong an overall score of 4 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect LocationPeacefully but conveniently located in Patong on the south-west coast of Phuket island, within a comfortable stroll of Patong’s renowned entertainment heart land Bangla Road and the glorious beach. Just a 40 minute drive from Phuket International Airport, we aim to be your first choice when booking your Patong Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawaddi Patong Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa Phuket