“Decent”

Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #45 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had one night in Patong on the way back to Bangkok, and the place itself is kind of a hole, but so be it, this is a review of the hotel, not the town that houses it.

Service was pretty good - we had a check in issue where either the hotel or Agoda seemed to have booked us in exactly a month after we arrived. The staff were pretty friendly, gave us a wifi password so we could go to our email and get our confirmation etc, and when we showed them the voucher with the correct date etc, they were pretty helpful finding a place for us, and we appreciated that.

Rooms are nice, perhaps a little tired, but nice, no real complaints. Pool looked nice, but didn't get time for a swim. Breakfast was pretty decent. Location is OK...~10 minute walk from the main drag and the beach.

Would recommend, would stay again if found myself in that part of Thailand.

Room Tip: not really a room tip but a taxi driver etc tip....seems this was previously a Best Western Hotel, a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank toomanymatts
CRM-Astudo, Public Relations Manager at Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Greetings from Sawaddi Patong

Many thanks for your time taken to write this review of our resort in Patong, Phuket. It is something that is often highlighted in reviews people make of our resort that it is so well located, out of the centre and away from all the frantic nightlife scenes that go with it.

Indeed the hotel has been under new management for sometime now and some great improvements are being made all the time. Many of the rooms have now in fact been renovated and upgraded, and there is now a free shuttle bus service to takes guest to and from the centre of town with its malls, bars and beach life.

I will be sure to pass on your kind complements of good service to the team here. They will be looking forward to servicing you again should you find yourself on the island again one day.

Sincere regards from us here in Phuket.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

i was very tired when i arrived the room they gave me was a bit noisey but got me a better one straight away,and could,nt have been more helpfull.the food was very nice,breakfast was huge and i ate there most nights and had my laundry done and was very inexpensive,and they took it on themselfs to chase up my taxi to the airport,very clean ifficient quiet hotel

Room Tip: pool sides rooms seem to be best
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank cool12day
CRM-Astudo, Front Office Manager at Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Greetings from Sawaddi Patong

I am very happy to hear that your overall experience was so good from start to finish on your recent stay with us. Indeed, we are always aiming to please guests as much as we can and thus we are happy to relocate guests into quieter rooms as and when asked as you found.

I see you have also had a good experience with are chef and kitchen staff there. I will be sure to pass on these complements to them, something of course they always delight in hearing from guests about the food they create.

I will also pass on your general comments about how efficient and well run the resort was which is also always so pleasing to hear.

We hope to see you again of course if you find yourself back on the island.

Sincere regards from all of us here.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Sawaddi Patong. The staff was pleasant and accommodations were generally comfortable. The resort was previously a Best Western property that was purchased and renovated a couple of years ago by the Centara resort group, which runs some nice hotels throughout Thailand. Rooms are spacious and the pool area is large and relaxing. The in-room free wireless was a nice amenity but unreliable. The resort is slightly out of the main area of Patong, which is good for noise and crowds, and it runs a one-way shuttle to the beach several times a day. The walk back is a straight shot and takes about 15 to 20 minutes. We had a very decent dinner one night at the restaurant; however, the breakfast buffet was below average, with most of the “hot” foods being stone cold, even at 6:30 a.m. Stick with the made-to-order omelet and noodle soup stations. Be wary of the sliced fruit (surprised by the number of guests who think it’s perfectly fine to pick through buffet items with their hands rather than using the provided serving utensils). Overall, the resort was a decent value for money.

Just a note on the area…Patong Beach is extremely crowded, touristy and party oriented. If that’s the scene you’re looking for, then it’s a good spot. However, we spent a good amount of time touring around Phuket province, and there are certainly some quieter, more pleasant beaches, including Kata and Karon, which are near Patong. Better yet, skip Phuket altogether and spend your coastal time in Thailand in the Krabi province. It’s more serene, while still offering plenty of quality accommodations and restaurants. You can also easily get to Ko Phi Phi and the other popular day tour destinations from Krabi.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank freqtraveleratl
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days and the hotel is amazing , the room was very clean with decent size, the staff is extremely friendly, breakfast was good, the pool is fantastic.the location is good, the beach is 10 minutes walking as well the hotel has a free shuffle to take u to the beach and shopping centers in patong beach. is good for couples and u can make a few friend in the pool.
I would say there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NHORA H
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was here twice in 1 trip, first time was for 4 days before heading off to Koh Phi Phi, the 2nd time was on my way back to Bangkok from Koh Phi Phi for 2 days. The location of the hotel is a little far from the beach, but being new to the area I didn't mind the walk as it gave me the chance to explore Phuket. Eventually we rented scooters from next door and the travel to and from the beach made it easy and convenient.

First impressions of the hotel/ room, "WOW, all this for only $30USD!?" The hotel was attractive from the outside, the rooms were very clean and big, had a nice view of the pool from the third floor both times, bathrooms were big and also clean. Everything was very modern.

The day I left the hotel to go to the Phuket airport, I forgot to check my safe and left my passport and some cash in there, I called the hotel and they got someone to run my passport and the money I had in there to drive it up to me. Unfortunately there is plenty of traffic in Phuket and the hotel was quite far from the hotel. I missed my flight.

Would stay here again though if I only had to pay $30, it was a steal of a deal!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jarett L
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nughts with my 3 kids and anither family. Do not stay at the ground and basement rooms - mosquito infested and smells. Breakfast was the worst we had in any hotel in our travels - can't believe how anyone can get breakfast wrong even their bread was served fozen you had to toast it twice! My 4 yo was alseep im the room and the head waiter refused us to take toast up to her room.

The walls are so thin we had to endure our neighbour's nightly rendevous with his 'Thai girl friend' - not good when you have small children.

Location is on a run down laneway with cheap dodgy shops and is 15 min walk to shopping district. This is inconvenient especially on a hot, humid day when streets all smell of rotten sewer.

Do NOT stay at this hotel. Stay closer to Jungcheylon shopping centre where its more central to everything especially if you have kids.

The people who stayed at this hotel tend to be 20-30 yo males who belong at a backpacker hostel so i guess the better reviews are all relative. We are 40 yo with young children of high socio economic background and have just come back from KC Resort at Koh Samui (5star) and loved KC- true 5 star. Sawaddi is not 4 star it claims to be more like 1.5 star.

Room Tip: Stay on top level facing pool. Do not stay at basement level - we were given one and paid 300 baht p...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Sheila6770
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The location of this hotel is pretty good, dont do the laundry here though because they charge you per garment, best to go literally across the road where its ALOT cheaper. Impressive pool and ambience the rooms are quite clean friendly staff they can arrange drivers and give free trips to Jungceylon shops (depends on time).

As for the nightlife to Bangla road you have to go to the beach on Rat u Thit road so it is a little inconvinience.

To only real thing i found to be a bother was the rock hard beds.

But having said that i would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view of the pool, otherwise your looking at the back of some fence.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo