“Fantastic Experience...well worthwhile”

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Whilst in Thailand a mate talked me into doing a dive with ScubaCat...I had never done anything like this before so was very tentative....we went to visit scubacat and the staff were great..they got me in the pool straight away...talked me through the tank, and all the equipment, made sure I had a fair idea and had me diving in the pool in no time....I then went out on a discovery dive.. 3 of them to be exact....all I can say is OMG...it was brilliant ..one of the best days I have had in a long time....the instructors were brilliant...not just mine but everyone ...they all cared....they all were constantly checking how I was and if I was coping ok.....they were like this to everyone on board.....I cant wait till I can get back there...thanks guys it was a blast.....

4  Thank ChrisinThialand

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Prior going out to Phuket, I contacted the dive center and got a very comprehensive and informative mail from Sarah Kench, the very nice and kind manager, describing the various trip options.
About instructors, everyone was extremely helpful and there were enough instructors on the boat to provide the right kind of support to the various standards of divers.
A SPECIAL THINKING FOR HIELKE AND FRANCOIS.
The dedicated dive boat was excellent and the crew, so pleasant and helpful, took the divers to the dive sites quickly and comfortably.
Best of all, there were only 10 to 12 people on the boat.
Probably, the best dive school I've gone with.
In conclusion, absolutely brillant, look nowhere else for diving in Phuket.

Philippe C. PARIS. FRANCE

3  Thank kishore
Reviewed February 21, 2011

It started while working for Scuba Pursuits at the Birmingham Dive show with an informative chat with people who sounded like they knew their business and would be fun to dive with, (plus a 10% show discount). Booking online was simple, pick up, travel to and from M V Scubacat was all arranged by them and the diving was fun, professionally lead, geared to all levels of diver and supported by good boat crew. Sleeping accommodation is basic but comfy with twin bunked cabins (and one big bedded cabin if you can get it - I did!) The eat, dive, sleep routine was busy with up to 5 dives a day but wasn't hurried, with time in between for chats, lounging about in the sun and the chance of a quick trip to the beach. Oh, and the banana fritters are morish!
I pinched 3 days diving at the beginning of a family holiday which was enough for an enjoyable taste of the Similans, but if you want to do them justice I recommend a longer visit.

2  Thank NickDBirmigham_UK
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My GF and I did 5 days and 4 nights aboard the MV SCUBA CAT through SCUBA CAT dive shop in Patong beach, Phuket.
First I would like to thank the manager Sara for timely and informative e-mail traffic. That made booking and scheduling VERY easy.
This is a diver’s dream vacation, LOADS of diving at fantastic, diverse locations at a very reasonable price. The boat itself is HUGE with loads of space to chill out between dives and room for gear without tripping over others people stuff.
If you don't have your own gear, SCUBA CAT provides a nice set in very good condition.
The rooms are bunk beds but we stayed in the "family" room...it was a single bed with a foot or so more room. Very basic with shared toilet/shower facilities that did the trick. THIS IS NOT A LUXURY DIVE BOAT, but it has EVERYTHING dive focused travelers need/want and the spaciousness, crew and dive personal really make it a great experience.
The diving itself was amazing. Normal viz was 30-40 meters and too much to see to write here.
Hilkes was the instructor/dive leader assigned to the boat while we were on and he did a FANTASTIC job. Very likeable guy with a solid knowledge of the local diving environment.
The crew and Captain were extremely attentive, always ready to lend a hand. Something to note was that EVERY tank had 210 bar…never a short tank!!
Honorable mention was the cook and the AWESOME job she did with the food. EVERYTHING was delicious…I gained weight!
Some things to consider….There are currents and very rarely did we end up close to the boat. This happens, it’s diving and the ocean does what it pleases. Prepare by making sure you have the proper fins and be ready to do some light to moderate finning.
Also, the boat ride and taxi back to Patong at the end of the trip was uncomfortable and unfriendly….This was not SCUBA CAT’s fault, just be prepared for it. The speed boat we took on return was so full, I had to sit on the cooler with the trash can between my legs….
ALL in ALL, if you are looking for an amazing diving experience sans champagne and après dive hot tubing (LOL), we HIGHLY recommend SCUBA CAT.

3  Thank HOAFSCUBAPRO
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Was recommended to try Scubacats out from the Dive company I did my PADI open water with in Cambodia as was heading for Thialand.
Did a days fun diving and was impressed with the set up on the boat and people that were there teaching. With the oppertunity to do some deeper diving in the area I thought I might as well do my advanced and was happy I did as the teaching was very relaxed and organised and the kit was all good and in very good working order.
Having gone around a fair amount of the dive shops in Patong and Krabi I was very happy I went with these guys and from Patong as it was much nicer being on a bigger boat, though in a smallish group. The size of the boat was good for groups up to around 25 people and over the 3 days I dived from it the groups varied from around 12 to 18ish plus instructors/leaders. Some of the other companies I saw turning up at the docks and had talked to had around 40 people and this I would not have been comfortable with.
If I'm in the area again I will go back and use this company again or maybe Thialand dives who seemed to know each other and I had heard good things about.

3  Thank stevew74