“Once Again An Unbelieveable Trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
Honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Once Again An Unbelieveable Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Scuba Adventure has been a favorite of ours since 1999. Once again she didn't disappoint us. This time we took the South / North Trip, seven days of unbelievable diving.

We first went south for some Phang Nga Bay / Phi Phi diving. On our second day we had three fabulous dives with four to six mantas, and the first two dives we had them all to ourselves!

We also saw schooling yellow snapper, soft & hard coral, small and giant trevally, lobsters, puffer fish, giant barracuda, anemones and clown fish, eels, and much more!

After three days of diving we had several hours in Chalong Bay to walk around and get a few snacks and back on board with some new people and another four days of diving.

The North trip was a little more crowded with boats, but there was enough room for everyone at the dive sites. The Similans were as beautiful as ever with crystal clear water. Ko Bon, Ko Ta Chai and Richelieu Rock and still great dive sites even after 15 years of diving them. Some of the underwater sites were garden eels, octopus, hunting trevally, schooling barracuda, bat fish, cuttle fish, gray snapper, parrot fish and the giant Titan Trigger Fish. Some of the dive sites had so many glass fish you couldn't see through them and swimming through them was like being in a large bait ball with all the "hunting" fish diving through the glass fish.

Captain Po is a very experienced and safe captain. The crew was friendly, smiling and was always there for you. No matter what you needed they were helpful and had our dive equipment organized and ready to go for each dive.

Kath, the tour director, was great. Very friendly and knows the area very well. The dive deck is on the smaller side, but she had everything organized so that 1/2 the group put on their wetsuits and boots upstairs while the other 1/2 geared up on the dive deck, and then rotated each dive. This made for a very comfortable and organized exit into the water. Actually more organized and comfortable than some boats with larger dive decks when everyone is gearing up at the same time.

Kath was sick the first three days and Gary, from the day boat, pitched in and did a very good job with only about 2 hours noticed! Thanks Kath and Gary.

Our cabin were comfortable with air conditioning. And we think one of the best parts of the boat is the large family style table on the top deck. You could sit where ever you wanted at anytime of the day. Some boats have smaller tables and dining areas and you are forced to sit with the same people at every meal. The Scuba Adventure's family style table makes it so that you get to meet all the other guests on the boat and become friends right away. Also it's great for sharing diving stores and stories about everyone's travels!

Visited March 2014
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Tim and Donna,

Thank you for the awesome review of your time spent with us on MV Scuba Adventure.

So sorry I didn't get to see you this year, I did come down to the boat between the two trips but you had gone for something to eat in Chalong :)

1999, wow I knew you had been with us for many years but I think that is a record! Great that you keep coming back to us, one day I might get to Hawaii to see you both, I still remember Tims temptation with wine !

Thanks again,

Sarah and the team at Scuba cat Diving x

Scottsbluff, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba Cat diving in Phuket, Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

One rolls the dice when booking a dive trip, but with Scuba Cat in Phuket, Thailand, it's a sure thing. Numerous 2-3 dive day trips, a 4 day live aboard, a well organized staff from front desk, transportation to dive masters; great food and ultimately a scenic, roomy, and well run boat trip to the dive sites all ensure you get it done with a minimum of hassle. Oh, and the diving? Healthy, spectacular reefs and an abundance of marine life are to be found so bring your best camera gear.

Scuba Cat trains instructors and as well, certified instruction for the handicapped. Having MS and wanting to certify advanced open water, I made a good choice with Scuba Cat and scored a victory for myself. For a great diving experience in Asia, Scuba Cat has earned every one of those five stars up above.

Visited February 2014
Hi Tam,

Awesome review, thank you :) So glad you enjoyed your time diving with us, we enjoyed having you around.

Congratulation on becoming and Advanced Diver.

Hope to see you back in Phuket again in the near future,

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“LOB March 1-4, 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

A very lovely experience and the best way to see lots of different dive sites in south Adaman Sea if you are travelling to Phuket and want to do some diving without hassle of long daily boat trips. The boat was great but will be probably quite crowded if maximum capacity of divers will be on board. We we only 8, so ample of space for everybody.
Leader of the band - Kath is great personality BUT very clear and precise if it concerns dive safety. And I like it very much. So I ended up doing Advanced Open Water with her on the boat but less it costs than from shore. Kath is A very good teacher and helps you to become better diver with small but valuable observations and relevant advice while being strict with everything concerning diver's safety.
Dive sites coral wise are good if you haven't been spoiled with e.g Bunaken or Apo Island, etc. On the other hand you have a good chance to see large sea-life as Manta rays, Whale sharks, black tips and others. Some marco life as well. So this trip had a nice balance between both.
A life experience - diving with 4 Manta rays so close to you that you get a feeling they will flip swimming by.
If you decide to dive with that great company, be aware that the dives are deeper than Open Water allows, so you have to either do a deep dive licence or full Advanced course.
Thank you Scuba Cat Diving for the trip :)

Visited March 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your great review of your time spend on board MV Scuba Adventure with Kath and the crew.

Congratulations on your PADI Advanced Certification, this will have opened up new dive sites all over the world to you.

Hope to see you back diving with us again soon,

Islamabad, Pakistan
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I spent a week with Scuba Cat diving the Similans, PhiPhi and Phuket. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The diving was fabulous and Kat and Dan made sure everyone had the best experience possible while ensuring everyone's safety. The crew were fabulous as were the accommodations and food! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! And the cost was completely reasonable.

Visited January 2014
Hi,

Thank you for the great review of your time spent with Kath and the crew onboard Scuba Adventure. Great choice doing the North and South trips, by doing this you saw a selection of all the best sites Phuket has to offer.

Hope to see you back with us again soon,

Sarah and the team at Scuba cat Diving x
Hornsea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great MSDT & Internship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have just spent the last 4 & a bit months at Scuba Cat doing my MSDT & Internship. During this period I have worked with most members of the staff Gary, Claus, Julie, teaching me the skills to enhance my teaching experience, Kath helping me when I was on the live-aboard & Tanny showing me where the little stuff is on the sites..They have all been very helpful in getting me through my training & helping me throughout my internship.
If anyone is looking for a great dive centre to go to both for courses & experience then I cannot name a better centre than this one.
I am a repeat customer there myself as I did my IDC there in 2012.
I would also like to thank

Visited November 2013
1 Thank BrianPOD
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the great review of all the team here at Scuba Cat Diving. It was a pleasure having you here both time and you have become a friend as well as a great addition to the team. Only one problem, I hear the Yorkshire Inn's profits have dropped since you left.

Both of us are looking forward to your return later this year.

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x

PS Your t-shirt arrived from PADI this week :) :)