“Scuba Cat diving in Phuket, Thailand”

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

One rolls the dice when booking a dive trip, but with Scuba Cat in Phuket, Thailand, it's a sure thing. Numerous 2-3 dive day trips, a 4 day live aboard, a well organized staff from front desk, transportation to dive masters; great food and ultimately a scenic, roomy, and well run boat trip to the dive sites all ensure you get it done with a minimum of hassle. Oh, and the diving? Healthy, spectacular reefs and an abundance of marine life are to be found so bring your best camera gear.

Scuba Cat trains instructors and as well, certified instruction for the handicapped. Having MS and wanting to certify advanced open water, I made a good choice with Scuba Cat and scored a victory for myself. For a great diving experience in Asia, Scuba Cat has earned every one of those five stars up above.

ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Tam,

Awesome review, thank you :) So glad you enjoyed your time diving with us, we enjoyed having you around.

Congratulation on becoming and Advanced Diver.

Hope to see you back in Phuket again in the near future,

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"thai"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A very lovely experience and the best way to see lots of different dive sites in south Adaman Sea if you are travelling to Phuket and want to do some diving without hassle of long daily boat trips. The boat was great but will be probably quite crowded if maximum capacity of divers will be on board. We we only 8, so ample of space for everybody.
Leader of the band - Kath is great personality BUT very clear and precise if it concerns dive safety. And I like it very much. So I ended up doing Advanced Open Water with her on the boat but less it costs than from shore. Kath is A very good teacher and helps you to become better diver with small but valuable observations and relevant advice while being strict with everything concerning diver's safety.
Dive sites coral wise are good if you haven't been spoiled with e.g Bunaken or Apo Island, etc. On the other hand you have a good chance to see large sea-life as Manta rays, Whale sharks, black tips and others. Some marco life as well. So this trip had a nice balance between both.
A life experience - diving with 4 Manta rays so close to you that you get a feeling they will flip swimming by.
If you decide to dive with that great company, be aware that the dives are deeper than Open Water allows, so you have to either do a deep dive licence or full Advanced course.
Thank you Scuba Cat Diving for the trip :)

Hi,

Thank you for your great review of your time spend on board MV Scuba Adventure with Kath and the crew.

Congratulations on your PADI Advanced Certification, this will have opened up new dive sites all over the world to you.

Hope to see you back diving with us again soon,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I spent a week with Scuba Cat diving the Similans, PhiPhi and Phuket. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The diving was fabulous and Kat and Dan made sure everyone had the best experience possible while ensuring everyone's safety. The crew were fabulous as were the accommodations and food! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! And the cost was completely reasonable.

Hi,

Thank you for the great review of your time spent with Kath and the crew onboard Scuba Adventure. Great choice doing the North and South trips, by doing this you saw a selection of all the best sites Phuket has to offer.

Hope to see you back with us again soon,

Sarah and the team at Scuba cat Diving x

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have just spent the last 4 & a bit months at Scuba Cat doing my MSDT & Internship. During this period I have worked with most members of the staff Gary, Claus, Julie, teaching me the skills to enhance my teaching experience, Kath helping me when I was on the live-aboard & Tanny showing me where the little stuff is on the sites..They have all been very helpful in getting me through my training & helping me throughout my internship.
If anyone is looking for a great dive centre to go to both for courses & experience then I cannot name a better centre than this one.
I am a repeat customer there myself as I did my IDC there in 2012.
I would also like to thank

1  Thank BrianPOD

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the great review of all the team here at Scuba Cat Diving. It was a pleasure having you here both time and you have become a friend as well as a great addition to the team. Only one problem, I hear the Yorkshire Inn's profits have dropped since you left.

Both of us are looking forward to your return later this year.

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x

PS Your t-shirt arrived from PADI this week :) :)

See more reviews
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Reviewed loads of Dive centres and decided on Scuba Cat as it generally had the best reviews and I was not disappointed, not in any way, strolled into the shop and had a chat about what I wanted to do and achieve in the time that I had. The advice they gave was perfect and extremely well priced.
I really want to get some more dives under my belt and also Improve my skills at the same time, so in the end it was I did my advanced open water over a couple of days( it was awesome) and due to my time restrictions they suggested going on a live-aboard and I jumped at the chance, on the boat I was also able to pick up my Nirtox & Night speciality along with 25 dives which included 6 dives with whale sharks (up to 3 at a time) 4 dives with manta (up to 4 at a time) and dives with black tip and leopard sharks, not to be forgotten was the huge amount of snakes, many types of shrimps, barracudas, jacks and trigger fish.
I've dives in the states, UK and the red sea and I openly say this was the best by a long way!!!
last mention is Cath, she's the dive leader on the live-aboard and she is brilliant and funny and defiantly know her stuff!

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the great review of your time spend with us here at Scuba Cat Diving.
Glad to hear that you were well looked after whilst you were here by Kath and all the staff and crew.

Congratulations on all your New PADI certifications, make sure you keep the education going, hopefully I will see you soon on one of my Instructor Courses :)

Sarah and the team at Scuba cat Diving x