“Awesome experience and great bunch of people”

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've performed 3 discover dives with Scuba Cat over the years and this year finally obtained my open water certification through them as well. From my first ever dive up to my my certification Scuba Cat has never failed to impress with their professional approach and friendly staff/crew. They provide a clean and safe learning environment, along with very knowledgeable, patient and personable instructors. I would highly recommend Scuba Cat to anyone who would like to dive Phuket regardless of their level of certification. I will continue to dive with Scuba Cat whenever I visit Phuket. Thanks again guys for a wonderful and memorable experience. Rob Cappello

1  Thank Robert C
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for the great review of your time spent with us here at Scuba Cat over the past few years. It is so good to hear from customers who come back to us time and time again, I have spoken with Claus, John and Nicolas and thanked them for the great course they did with you.

Hope to see you back again soon, could be Divemaster or Instructor soon !!!!

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving :)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My partner and I completed our Open Water Diving Course with Scuba Cat. I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to do the same. I was a little apprehensive about diving, but the instructors were well qualified professionals with a reassuring manner. It was a lot of fun too!

1  Thank frazzle999
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for the great recommendation and review of your PADI Open Water Course with us here at Scuba Cat Diving. So glad to hear you overcame your apprehension and I hope you continue diving around the world.

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been diving with Scuba Cat three times in the past four years. They are well organised, focused on safety and deliver a diving experience tailored to the skill level of the diver. The staff are helpful and engaging and genuinely enjoy what they are doing and customer satisfaction. This year, in addition to diving the local spots for a week, I decided to spend the New Year on the Liveaboard. And I can't think of a better place to have spent the New Year. Kath is the most energetic and gracious liveaboard tour leader that I have ever met. Her attention to detail and knowledge of the dive sites is amazing. In addition, her demeanour creates the perfect liveaboard atmosphere where the staff and guests interact with each and ultimately develop relationships in a short amount of time. Add to that a spacious boat, plenty of free time between dives to read or nap and excellent food and you have the ultimate liveaboard experience. Based on my experience with other liveaboards, and If you are planning a trip to the Similians, there is no better option.

2  Thank JEW72
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at Scuba Cat Diving, I am glad you enjoyed your time onboard MV Scuba Adventure with Kath and the crew and had a great New Year with them all.

Hope to see you again Next Year,

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving, Phuket x

Reviewed January 16, 2014

3 of us set off for a day of snorkelling (2 of us) and diving (1 of us). Our Texan guide was brilliant and boy, could he tell a story, the transport was good and the food was fine. But unfortunately the diving just wasn't up to scratch. The diver amongst us gave the dives 6, 5, and 2 out of 10. Just not good enough compared to Pacific Island diving. As for the snorkelers? Well we only did the first snorkel - after that we just stayed on the boat. It was really disappointing. Which pretty much summed up our 5 days in Patong Beach.

1  Thank Maree G

Hi,

Thank you for your recent review on trip adviser and your kind words about Gary, your instructor, the food onboard and the transport.

The diving differs at all locations around the world, I am sorry the diving in Phuket did not meet your expectations and your stay in Patong Beach was not what you expected. Patong is a busy tourist resort and not to everybody's taste.

Sites you can visit with Snorkelers are more limited, some of the best sites in the area are just not suitable for snorkelling at all as they are open water sites, not only would the snorkelers see nothing the experience would not be safe either.

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I came to Scuba Cat in July 2013 as a Divemaster with the aim of moving up the ranks to IDC Staff instructor going through their internship programme. All I can say is that was the best decision I have ever made. Sarah who is the owner and the Course Director of Scuba Cat taught all of my courses with the help of Master Instructor Claus. Their knowledge is extensive and thanks to their coaching and guidance I feel as though I have become a great instructor and dive leader over my time here.

As for everything else, the shop is ran by Debbie who is the Customer Services Manager, she is super organised and a delight to work with, the place just would not function without her at the helm. The girls at the shop, Jack, Fon, Sang, Oh and I can’t forget Patoy are great fun and hard workers. I have also had the pleasure to work alongside Julie the tour leader on Scuba Fun and Garry one of the permanent instructors. Again both have taught me how to be a better instructor and the tips and tricks shared are invaluable. And then there’s Kath the tour leader on Scuba Cats liveaboard, Scuba Adventure, she is just fantastic and is a joy to work with an I can’t not mention Captin Poo and his crew, the hardest working people I know. But nothing would work without the customers and to get them from A to B we have the boys behind the scenes driving us about and supplying all the boats!! The whole team just works so well together and that is reflected with all the smiles on the customers faces.

Overall I am so glad to have found Scuba Cat and I can only say that if anyone is looking to become a diving professional or is looking for work experience then Scuba Cat is the place to go. My whole experience has been much much more than I had expected it to be and I have made some great friends of which I will certainly keep in touch with. I’m very sad to be leaving but one thing is for sure, I will be back again in the future!! So to the whole scuba cat team all I can say is Thank you, the past 6 months have been some of the best months of my life that I won’t forget!!

1  Thank danielbush1987

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the great review. It has been an unforgettable 6 months for all of us and I am glad to see everyone looked after you whilst you were here. You will be missed, its quiet here without you :) :)

Hope to see you again Dan and make sure you have a fantastic time in South America, say Hi to Henrick for us all

Speak soon