“scubacat adventure liveaboard”

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
Horncastle United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“scubacat adventure liveaboard”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my first Liveaboard experience and I loved it.
Very helpful crew amazing cook and two great guides.
We dived some amazing and varied dive sites with plenty to see
and had a good social life as well. I met some great people
and came away with some lasting memories.
Definitely want to return next year. .

Visited February 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi John,

Wow thank you so much for the fantastic review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your first liveaboard trip on board MV Scuba Adventure with Kath and the Crew. It was great to meet you before your trip and will be good to catch up again next year.

Hope to see you again soon,

Sarah and the staff at Scuba Cat Diving x

Bangkok, Thailand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was very nervous for my first liveaboard experience as I had completed my Open Water course almost two full years prior and was also traveling solo. I did not know what to expect on the boat or in the water, but my fears quickly subsided on the first night when I realized how welcoming everyone was and how positive they were about diving in general and about my ability to improve and enjoy myself specifically. The trip leader, Kath, was able to help me find confidence and determination. She has the gift of teaching and making corrections without making one feel frustrated or discouraged. She was incredibly patient with reviewing information and techniques with me that I’m sure are now basic and common sense to her. I am so grateful that I decided to do my Advanced Open Water while on the trip, as I would not have had a better teacher than Kath. The dive master, Christophe, was also a calming presence when it came to alleviating anxieties in and out of the water. In the water, I never felt alone and they were both patient enough to allow me to stay as near as possible (right at their fins in fact) until I felt comfortable venturing further apart. The crew on board was knowledgeable and quick to assist and always with a smile. The Captain was excellent at navigating around dive sites and I was so impressed with the planning that he and Kath did to avoid diving near other boats. Often times we did not see any other divers while down, which makes the experience that much more special. The food was incredibly delicious and I'm certain I gained at least two kilos while on the boat.

This trip was life changing for me as it has instilled a love of diving that I never thought I would have. I am already planning my next five diving adventures and am looking forward to returning with Scuba Cat again in the near future.

Thank you, Scuba Cat, for giving me this incredible gift and lighting the fire that will continue for the rest of my life.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for the awesome review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your first liveaboard trip on board MV Scuba Adventure with Kath and the Crew. Sorry I didnt get to meet you this time. Great news the you will be down shortly to join us on board MV Scuba Fun.

Congratulations on becoming a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver,

Sarah and the staff at Scuba Cat Diving x
Nehalem, Oregon
“Very Well Done”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

These folks love their work and it shows. I arrived in Phuket without any set plans, except to do some diving. When I walked into their shop, they were very friendly and obviously a professional outfit. There was no hard sell on anything, but the suggestions and descriptions provided made trip decisions easy to make. While it seems that all the operators rather focus on a handful of the most popular sites, these folks did their best to at least try and avoid the rush by getting us to sites before or after the "rush hour" of divers at any particular location. The boat had a nice relaxed atmosphere, and not overcrowded. The dive masters were pleasant and professional while being unobtrusively eagle eyed and quite safety concious. They know their sites well, and are good at finding the indigenous "local celebrities". All in all a great crew able to cater to any experience level. Special thanks to Christoph and Nat for their leadership without herding. If you have an interest in a video souvenier, John does an excellent job compiling great shots, and will provide a very well done personalized record of your experiences. Thanks to all of you for a great time!

Visited February 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your great review :) So glad to hear you had a great time diving with us during your stay in Patong. Keeping the numbers of Customers on MV Scuba Fun low is important to us, so everyone can have a relaxed and enjoyable day, this is the great thing about having our own boat, we do not rent spaces to all other dive companies preferring to keep our the boat exclusive own staff and customers. Hope you keep enjoying your time with us with John's DVD.

Hope to see you diving with us again at Scuba Cat in the near future

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Great People Inside”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were on a whirlwind trip to Phuket, so it was not one of our usual dive trips to anywhere. I got onto their website and made an enquiry for a half-day diving trip. The response was quick and a few E-Mails later saw me making our deposit and our requirements for dive equipment.

The good thing is Scuba Cat has one store located next door to where we were in Patong, so we went there to settle our payments. The staff was polite and helpful. We were picked up from the store the following morning and brought to the jetty to the left of Patong Beach where we boarded a dinghy and made our way to the MV Scuba Sport. A short 10 minutes and we were at Paradise Reef.

Hey, this is Patong; not Koh Racha, the Similans etc. Holding true to my motto that says "There is no bad dive site, only bad divers", we dived. Visibility was nothing to shout about but we were happy to dive. And being a critter freak, I was overjoyed when our dive guide pointed to a Halgerda stricklandi nudibranch. I guess the dive guide must have been quite happy too that my wife and I were armed with a camera each that there was no hurry to go anywhere else.

Surface interval on board was relaxing. Munching away on the fruits provided while watching longtails zoom past, my only wish was to be able to do this on a daily basis while money grow in abundance in my bank account.

On the second dive visibility got better and there were bent-stick pipefishes, dwarf lionfish, reef cuttlefish and lots of other reef dwellers.

After the second dive was over, we used the transom shower to wash ourselves (towel is provided) and we were sent back to our hotel by Scuba Cat's transport.

What we would like to do on our next trip is to dive the outer islands with Scuba Cat. Good service, good people. Keep it up!

Hi,

Thank you for your great review :) Our half day trips from our own Dive Boat MV Scuba Sport are a great way to dive in Patong for half a day if you are short on time. You are right Paradise Reef is not the Similans however is a wealth of Marine Life and the great thing is it is not over dived, we are the only diveboat in the Bay. This is still a relatively new service for us and it is great to receive such positive feedback. Thank you.

Hope to see you diving again with us, next time either onboard MV Scuba Fun or our own liveaboard MV Scuba Adventure.

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x
hirtshals
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Once again a fantastic diving experience...”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Actually I'm not a very experienced diver but these guys knows how to make you feel confident and at ease in the water.
I had four days of great diving. Especially the two dives on Phi Phi were amazing.
Thanks to Christoph and Nat for your professionel guidence
A speciel thanks to John for making the most fantastic video recordings of our dives. The quality of the videos were extraordinary and they certainly make my holiday last so much longer.
Last but not least, a very speciel thanks to Claus Rasmussen, for yet again making my diving holiday very speciel. Thanks for being the person you are... Your professionel behaviour and making no short cuts - safety always comes first with you guys

Visited January 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your great review :) So glad to hear you had a great time with Claus and the team on board the boat. Nat is a fantastic divemaster isn't she, I love diving with her as she seems to know where everything lives at the dive sites!

Hope to see you diving with us again at Scuba Cat in the near future,

Sarah and all the team at Scuba Cat Diving x