“Once again a fantastic diving experience...”

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
hirtshals
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Once again a fantastic diving experience...”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Actually I'm not a very experienced diver but these guys knows how to make you feel confident and at ease in the water.
I had four days of great diving. Especially the two dives on Phi Phi were amazing.
Thanks to Christoph and Nat for your professionel guidence
A speciel thanks to John for making the most fantastic video recordings of our dives. The quality of the videos were extraordinary and they certainly make my holiday last so much longer.
Last but not least, a very speciel thanks to Claus Rasmussen, for yet again making my diving holiday very speciel. Thanks for being the person you are... Your professionel behaviour and making no short cuts - safety always comes first with you guys

Visited January 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your great review :) So glad to hear you had a great time with Claus and the team on board the boat. Nat is a fantastic divemaster isn't she, I love diving with her as she seems to know where everything lives at the dive sites!

Hope to see you diving with us again at Scuba Cat in the near future,

Sarah and all the team at Scuba Cat Diving x

Beijing, China
“great expierence with Scuba Adventure”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was my second time to do liveaboard with M/V Scuba Adventure, 3 days in the north followed by 3 days in the south. The reason I came back was that I really enjoyed my diving trip with Scuba Cat last time -- a four-day liveaboard trip in Similan 11 months ago... Time really flies!

I will highly recommend Scuba Cat to my friends who are looking for a dive center for liveaboard to Similan and south of Phi Phi, and/or diving around Phuket, not only because of its well maintained equipment, high quality services, friendly crew and nice cabin, but also because of the variety of food and tasty meals that attract my stomach most, the expierenced Captain Poo who will always drop/pick up us at the exact point, and, of course, the most professional, considerate also charming and lovely tour leader Kath who's been diving that area for many many years and will always be there for any help one may need! Not mentioned the customer services manager Debbie, who will always reply my email promptly and patiently. Above all this, what I consider to be the most valuable and commendable for Scuba Cat is that it takes the diver's safety as its first priority by complying strictly with PADI standards, while reinforces and be well aware of the environment protection.

Speaking of being professionalism, I can see the whole team really is through an example like this time. This time some of my friends came along with me to do the 6 days liveaborad on M/V Scuba Adventure as I mentioned above. Right after the first day's diving, one of my friends appeared some suspected signs of DCI. Thanks to Kath who made right decision at the right time to take immediate treatment and had spend a sleepless night observing my friend's condition, the discomfort eventually all disappeared; a following rich meal of the next morning was really appetizing to him. And also thanks to Sarah who came over and accompanied my friend to the chamber there after. They've arranged a medical examination for him without demanding anything but only for the sake of my friend himself! With the great help from those kind people, my friend got the doctor's clearance and could continue diving!

Words are so limited and weak to express my feelings right now. In short, I feel lucky to know the guys from Scuba Cat and to have chance diving with those trustworthy people.

Hi,

Wow thank you so much for the awesome review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your liveaboard trip on board MV Scuba Adventure with Kath and the Crew. It was great to meet you after your first trip (even if the venue wasn't ideal :) ) and I am so glad that Kevin didn't require chamber treatment and could continue his diving on the second half of your trip. It is great to hear that the whole team acted professionally not only at this time but also at the time you made the booking with Debbie in the office through to protecting the delicate waters that we love to visit.

Hope to see you again soon,

Sarah and the staff at Scuba Cat Diving x
bristol, uk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A must do in Patong!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had dived before and hated it. I was nervous but wanted to try again as my partner loves it. Now I'm hooked!

From our initial booking experience, through to the transfers, boat and food, we had a wonderful experience with SeaCat. What really made the difference were the instructors, particularly Sean and Dave. The group was small and fun. There was constant banter which made the boat trip fly by. Sean was my dive instructor and completely put me at ease. It was so good that we went on a second trip 2 days later.

I really cannot recommend these guys highly enough. It's a great way to get out of Patong and although quite a journey, go to Phi Phi if you only have one day. We saw a shark and a turtle!

Well worth getting a video recorded by Johnny.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your great review of the time you spent Diving with Scuba Cat and for the recommendation. I am so glad you were professionally looked after by two of our Instructors Sean and Dave.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the future,

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great morning dive at Paradise Reef”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was doing a quick weekend trip in Phuket with my girlfriend (Who doesn't dive), I wanted to get a couple dives in but not take up the whole day. Debbie arranged for me to do a half day diving with Gary, who was an excellent in diving guide! I drove my bike to the dive shop in Patong and met up with the crew. We went out around 10am to Paradise Reef and did 2 dives about 35-40 minutes each which were awesome! We seen lots of fish and a green back turtle which my the highlight as they apparently don't hang out at that reef often. We wrapped up the dives around 12:30pm and I was on my way back to my hotel shortly after 1pm. perfect!
This shop is well organized, reasonable prices and great staff. Go for it!

Visited January 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your great review :) Our half day trips form our own Dive Boat MV Scuba Sport are a great way to dive in Phuket for half a day but still getting the full dive boat experience, this is still a relatively new service for us and it is great to receive such positive feedback. Thank you.

Hope to see you diving again with us in Patong soon

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Friendly professional staff, amazing crew on the liveaboard!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

For my first time in Thailand, I first went diving on the day boat then transferred to Scuba Adventures the liveaboard for back to back trips to the Similans.

Sean & Stephane on the day boat were nice and provided us with a great first day diving.

The liveaboard:
Kath is a fantastic dive guide. She is friendly, always available to answer a question or help with something. She ensured we had a great time and diverse dive sites, suitable for all on board. She was very good with the less experienced divers, helped build their confidence and really looking after them underwater.

The crew are amazing: Captain will always drop you right where planned and pick you up without a fuss. The crew is always there to help if you want and their rope throwing skills are deadly accurate!

The food was amazing: curries, crabs, stir fries, elaborate soups. It's Thailand so the curries are sometimes spicy but there will always be an alternative if you prefer something tamer. Cakes & snacks in the afternoon, fresh fruit...I'm sure I put on weight!

The cabins are basic but clean and the sound of the engine is quite muted. Three shared bathrooms with hot water. Never had to wait more than 5 mins for my post dive shower.

Dive deck is small but Kath organises groups efficiently so not such a problem. The diving itself is varied. We had some very strong currents and quieter dives. Lots & lots of fish and nudibranchs. Hard corals recovering from a massive bleaching but the massive boulders of the Similans make up for it but providing striking underwater scenery.

I would definitely dive again with Scuba Cat. In fact, I'm already plotting to add a Southern itinerary to my next visit!

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you so much for your great review :) So glad that you were looked after by all the staff here at Scuba Cat Diving. Kath and the crew on board MV Scuba Adventure are a fantastic team and yes I am sure you are right with the food on that boat that is the main complaint we get...... people gain weight!!!!

So sorry I didn't get to meet you both this time however I will do next time when you come back to do the South Andaman Liveaboard with us.

Sarah and all the team at Scuba Cat Diving x