“A true diver's liveaboard experience with a fantastic team of professionals”

Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Cat Diving is Internationally owned and is Phuket’s most complete dive centre. Expect a quality service, provided by an award winning team, in relaxed and friendly surroundings, we like to ensure you get the most out of your holiday, no matter what diving experience you have. Being a SSI XR Instructor Training Centre we schedule the full range of SSI Courses from Scuba Ranger for the kids to the professional level of instructor with our all inclusive career internships for those who want to work in Paradise. We run our own liveaboard boat. MV Scuba Adventure explores the waters beyond whilst our day-trip dive boat serve all the best local sites. Scuba Cat SSI Extended Range Instructor Training Center is the only Dive Shop in Patong with its own boats.
Hong Kong
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A true diver's liveaboard experience with a fantastic team of professionals”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The experience with Scubacat on the M/V Adventure was phenomenal from start to finish.
Scubacat will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the pier as well as take you back afterwards. The introductions to staff and fellow divers and briefings are informative, fun and interactive, with no lack of emphasis on safety.
Accommodation on board is very comfortable for the size of the boat, though the highlight is the huge group table on the top deck where most of the interaction between staff, customers and eating takes place. Food is good (bacon every morning!!) and some great Thai style dishes come out for lunch and dinner with a choice of at least 3 dishes (the fresh seafood when it is served is very good).
The diving was very good, with a diverse number and types of dive sites visited (I went on both the south and north trips in the Andaman Sea), and our tour leader Kath and her 'right-hand man' Dave were fantastic at briefing the dive sights and spotting marine life (anything from mantas to macro stuff you could never spot yourself)! I'm a dive professional myself having worked for many years in the industry and have not met someone who makes you feel and dive as comfortably on a brand new dive site as Kath. Her briefings are so well informed you often feel you've dived the site and know it by heart before even getting in the water, making your dive much more relaxed and enjoyable.
The boat staff on board are easily the best I've seen in the business, always there to help you and assist without getting in the way. Special mention to the captain who can pilot that thing so precisely to pick you up so you never have to swim far after finishing your dive.
But most of all, the true diver's experience is not only about the diving but also the camaradarie and hospitality, and this is unparalleled. In between dives and after a full day of diving, Kath manages to make everyone feel at home onboard, making sure you all have a wonderful experience.
I highly recommend Scuba Cat Adventure for anyone wanting a fantastic experience on the Andaman Seas, and I'll certainly be visiting again with them soon!
Thank you to all the Scuba Cat crew for a wonderful, unforgettable holiday!

Visited January 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi Dom,

Wow thank you so much for the awesome review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your liveaboard trip on board MV Scuba Adventure with Kath, Dave and the Crew. Sorry I didn't get to meet you this time but I hope there will be a next time :)

Sarah and the staff at Scuba Cat Diving x

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Awesome diving with Scuba Cat”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have just returned from thailand having had one of the best holidays we have ever had, during the holiday we had booked two days on the day boat with Sean from Scuba Cat and seven days on the liveaboard with Kath from Scuba Cat.
We found Scuba Cat at the Birmingham Dive Show and found them freindly and helpful which is why we booked with them, on arriving in Patong beach we visited the shop and found the same freindly helpful atmosphere there.
We found all the staff to be professional, well informed and very freindly, we would highly recommend Scuba Cat to anyone wanting to dive whilst in Thailand infact we are planing to revisit so we can take advantage of some of the courses they run whilst on our next holiday.
Both of us would personally like to thank, Debbie, Kath, Sean, Tony and Dave and all the crew on MV Scuba cat for making this memorable and exciting trip

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for your great review :) So glad that you and Brian were looked after by all the staff here at Scuba Cat Diving. So sorry I didn't get to meet you both this time however I will do next time!

Sarah and all the team at Scuba Cat Diving x
Portland, Oregon
“So much fun we had to keep coming back”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We signed up in advance for the one-day Discover Scuba Diving course and had an amazing time with the Scuba Cat team. Dave and Sarah were very patient teachers and helped us learn the basics enough to really enjoy our first time underwater. In fact, we liked it so much that we decided to devote the rest of our time in Phuket to getting our Open Water certification! Dave stuck with us for this as well, and of course we learned a ton while having a really great time both above and below water. The Scuba Cat boat is excellent, with fruit, coffee/tea, and a huge (tasty!) lunch. Highly recommended for a scuba trip to Phuket.

Visited January 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hi Galvin,

Thank you so much for your great review of the time you spent Diving with Scuba Cat, both your Discover Scuba Dive with Dave and myself and then your Open Water Course. We had a great few days too and you were both a pleasure to dive with.

Looking forward to seeing you both again in the future,

Sarah and the team at Scuba Cat Diving x
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome diving with the Scuba Cats!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went diving last week in Phuket with the Scuba Cats and must say it was a very nice experience. Very friendly crew, good equipment and well equipped boat with hot lunch,lots of fresh fruit, and tea and coffee when ever one fancies. My instructor (Jen) was very knowledgable and answered all my questions. I was a novice in scuba diving and was doing the discover scuba course. Sea life was not spectacular but could be the sites we were diving at. Apparently the Monday and Saturday dives are the best ones, one being at a sunken boat site with great sea life. Maybe next time. But must say for anyone diving for the first time, scuba cats is the way to go as I was not scared at all and my instructor made sure I was comfortable every step of the way. Will definitely recommend them.

Visited January 2013
ScubaCat2007, Owner at Scuba Cat Diving - Soi Watanna Shop and Classrooms, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hi Nandita,

Thank you for your great review about your days Discover Scuba Diving with us here at Scuba Cat Diving . I am so glad you enjoyed Jen looking after you during your experience. Recently the winds have dictated which dive sites we are able to go to to get the best conditions for our customers, calm seas are very important to enhance the experience for you, I hope next time we are able to get to the more vibrant dive sites with you.

We look forward to you diving with us again x
Muscat, Oman
“Competitively Price, Professorial and Enjoyable Team”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I completed my Advanced Open Water, it was awesome. Surely i will join overnight trips next time.
santaCLAUS was my instructor, all team are very professional and enjoyable guys. Many thanks to Claus because of his help to complete my all lesson in trip time so i have time to enjoy in phuket. And there was one Local master her name is Nat(if i m not wrong), she is famous with her memory. They tell she know every diving point like her hand, she can tell which animal where you can find. Normally AOW course is 5 dives but same price we make 6 dives. They are not try to cheat people, dont have concern of earning money. NO additional cost in Scuba Cat.
Thanks to Tony and Alexandra for warm welcome. In additionally my AOW certicate reach already. Hope to see you again.

Visited December 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your great review :) So glad to hear you had a great time with Claus on your PADI Advanced Open Water Course with us. Nat is a fantastic divemaster isn't she, I love diving with her as she seems to know where everything lives at the dive sites! Glad to hear you have already received your certification card.

Hope to see you diving with us again at Scuba Cat in the near future x