“haven”

The Bliss South Beach Paton
Ranked #46 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 28, 2010

we came across this hotel when taking a long walk because we were disappointed with another one we had booked online. With a beautiful beachfront view, friendly service and spacious clean rooms, this was obviously a relief. we moved in right away, we had no regrets. the atmosphere was friendly, the location was not too busy, however we were in walkging distance to the beach, the markets and many first class restaurants.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank NardeenE

Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed in Phuket for 3 weeks in July, having spent some time in another hotel I decided to look for somewher new. I rode past the hotel on my motorbike and turned back to have a closer look. I went to reception to ask if they had any rooms, I was asked if I would like to see the room that had available. Upon being shown the room I decided to check out of my current hotel that day and move to The Bliss

The hotel is situated at the quiet end of Patong bay (although only 5-8 minutes walk to the main centre) and is just opposite the beach. Our room had a fantastic view of the beach and bay and got all the afternoon sun. My partner and I have a suite on te 3rd floor, the door opened into a very large lounge area with kichenette off. The lounge had a desk, excellent wi-fi and a new flat screen TV, walking throught the lounge into the large bedroom, (both rooms have seperate A/C) with dressing table and another new flat screen TV and large balcony.

The best part was the bathroom or should I say 'wet room' with 2 showers (a rain shower and standard shower) and a huge jacuzzi all directly overlooking the beach! The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel is ideal for families and couple if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, but only a short walk with many restaurents and bars on the way. I hired a motorbike for directly opposte the hotel at 450thb for 2 days I good way of exploring the island I can recommend pardise beach which is a short ride from the hotel on a quiet safe road.
I will be returning to Phuket in October this year and will definately stay at The Bliss again, and would like to thank Barry Smyth (the hotel manager) and his team for what was a very relaxing stay, keep up the good work !

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank autumng70
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The stuff was very laid back and very unprofessional. lots of trouble with Internet as there is not a plug in the rooms to get on line. So you have to go to reception area to get wifi. even there it worked 5 out 10 times only.
Staying in the old section of the hotel you have to go trough the yard to the reception and breakfast area, its fine if it does not rain. You get four choices for breakfast and still the size and quality depends of the cook on duty. Do not aspect too much.
Pray to get the room clean before 3pm and to get not too old and clean towels, as most of them are kind of worn out.
the bar fridge; pay attention to the stickers on the beverages as you can replace the items.
but the location is great.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mirek3o9
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed for four nights at the Bliss during may . We had swapped to the Bliss from another hotel and just walked in for a price. The staff insisted we look at the room before they gave a price. The room was beautiful with great ocean views and quality fittilgs, the only downfall was the bed, it was like sleeping on a granite slab the hardest bed we have ever slept it. This was a shame because the hotel was great other than that. We were given a price of 167.00 AUD which included a full breakfast and our son sleeping in the lounge area of the room.
The staff could be quite abrupt, not sure if this was just a language thing or not. We had arranged a late check out on the day that we booked and on the final day we were having a (BAD) coffee in the coffee shop when our son messaged us to say that the reception had called the room to say we had to check out at 12.00pm our flight did not leave unitl 11.00pm that night, we went to reception and had to go through our check in again and remind them that a late check out was agreed when we purchased the room. We went back to our room only to find they had locked us out of our room with our luggage and passports still inside. We had to get them to unlock the doors for us.
Upon our check out we were accused of taking a tea spoon from the room, this was dealt with in a very agressive way and in the end it cost us 10.00 AUD. We have since been looking at some of our photos that we took of the room when we went in and when you zoom in on the coffee cups you can see there is only one teaspoon anyway, We think this is a scam to get money our of you.
over all it is a beaufiful property but they need to get new beds.

W

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tassiefive
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Room had a great view over the sea and front pool and had everything that you would need including tea/coffee/kettle and lovely bathroom with huge walk in shower. The hotel is just across the road (not busy) so you could swim in the pool and walk over the road if you want a dip in the sea without having to pay 100 bart sunbed charge.

Hotel is at one end of Patong so much quieter area than most, lots of shops and bars in walking distance and taxis on tap all day although expensive compared to other parts of thailand.

Breakfast is continental and not much choice but if you like toast, croissants and fruit you will be ok

I stayed in 4 hotels in Thailand on this trip and this was one of my favourites, clean, modern and bright

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank holidayaddict66_10
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Well, basically I stayed there the entire week. The hotel is o.k. the facilities are enough, however the service is dreadful and the security is shocking. I was staying on the third floor and one day on my way back to my room I discovered that the housekeeper had forgotten the towels and decided to go an get them. Nonetheless, she left my room open for a period of almost 45 minutes and nobody was inside the room . The room was entirely unattended for all that time. Luckily, I decided to go back to my room because I forgot something. O.k. and the next day a lady was standing outside my room. No uniform or id and requested me to give her my key. This situation was very strange to me so I refused. She attempted to get my key a second time by saying in her really poor english that she was housekeeper and that she had lost the master key for the entire floor! The master key was never found. When I approached management to ask what they were going to do about it they claim that the problem was fixed as they have re-booted "the system". May I point out that there was no system, as the key was not an electronic one, the locks were mechanic. Hence, management was just blatantly lying. Then the manager was so rude...... seriously I could go on and on and on I we wouldn't finish with all the horror stories about this dump. Simply, don't go there you will enjoy more your holiday in a different hotel. Trust me!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank Loriiiiiii
Reviewed February 12, 2010

We arrived almost a day late due to some problems with our Flight but the guy in the reception helped us out, and even let another passenger from our plane whom couldnt find a hotel at 4 in the morning due to the flight problem, sleep in our room for no extra cost.

The room were clean and cold with an average look of a hotel at tourist destinations. The breakfast was ok, and the hotel also hade two pools which both were clean and nice.

Beach towels and free drinking water was included in the hotel.

Only problem we had were when we ordered some coffee, due to the fact that thai-people cant make coffee. So we ordered one Espresso and one Machiatto, which costed 200 bath each, compared to 80 bath at starbucks.

But overall a good hotel with nice standard and a location which is nearby and yet undisturbed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple