“Away from the bustle!”

Ranked #50 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Away from the bustle!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good location - just far away enough from the noise of Patong. friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast adequate. The only downside was the number of 'mature' western men with young Thai girlfriends!! I doubt that I would ever return to Patong but if I did I would stay at the Bliss again

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
central coast - NSW
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hello, my husband and I have just returned from staying 21 nights at The Bliss in a pool suite, and I must say it was just that BLISS, we just loved it, so relaxing and nothing was too much trouble, staff were lovely. The only negative was the noise on the road with all the advertising for everything from Thai boxing, Simon Cabaret etc etc . But for us that is all part of the experience. The hotel itself is quite nice and it could be beautiful if it was maintained a little better. But for us it was great as we are not too fussy. It's also down the quieter end of Patong beach so that for us was a bonus.

Room Tip: Bottom floor in the newer section have a private pool. Also stay in the newer section of the hotel a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
sharm elsheikh
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we had stayed on the bliss suite with the jacuzzi up-floor ,the view to the view was wonderful,the cleanliness of the hotel was up to the standard.the hotel location was good almost near to everything.the breakfast variety was not that much but in Thailand in general we had to adapt ourselves in food.i do recommend this hotel as it worths paying.

Room Tip: ground floor suites with private pool and upfloor suites with private jacuzzi but u still have a niv...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I should start with brakfast,food was
3* but resturant view was 4*+ . Best view in room and lovely time at trass. Location is close to everythings and far from noises.
You could go to sea ,cross the road,
and back soon to bath.

• Stayed December 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked a 5-night stay at The Bliss, a hotel located at the southern part of Patong beach and what a delightful stay it was. As we were there during low season, it was quiet and the best part, we got upgraded from a Deluxe Room to a Suite. The suite was really spacious with a mini kitchenette and a jacuzzi to boot. As we were on the 2nd floor, we got a room with a partial view of the beach which was just right in front of the hotel (just cross the road and you're on the beach and this part of the beach isn't as crowded as the middle part of Patong where all the action is). The staff were friendly and helpful especially Ratt. I also liked the idea that we could rent a motorbike from the hotel and go out on our own, exploring the rest of Patong. FamilyMart, the Thai version of convenience stores, is just a few steps away and with plenty of cafes and restaurants too. Even if you don't have breakfast at the hotel (which does get tiring after a while) you have plenty to choose from.

Room Tip: Book a Suite during low season and try to get one on the second floor. The Bliss has 2 pools - the m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdriennaVinnie
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were at there for 3 nights for our honeymoon. Everything about the hotel was just as what I had researched. I arranged for a pickup at the airport and reached the hotel just in time for check-in. Staffs were friendly . Once enter the room the bed was decorated as what the pictures would show . The room is big as I booked Deluxe Suite to my surprise as from the outlook of the hotel I did not expected it .Consist of a small kitchen area , living room area and the bedroom area separated . The ocean view was nice as I am at the highest floor which is level 4. Jacuzzi is nice as its indoor which is good as my wife and I have a romantic private time .Everyday the room service will be around 5pm i think as we are not around often , due to the activities planned. Hotel location was perfect. not near the nightlife and not far from the action of the city attractions. Ideal for our honeymoon. Breakfast was a decent spread nothing much to wow but kudos to the morning breakfast team as their service was efficient and good from what i observed in the 3 days. The service of the reception staffs I would vary as most are quite friendly except a few . The day staffs are generally nice and helpful, its only the night staffs , i find a few not living up to the standard , especially one maybe "she" is in bad mood that few nights. "She" leaves a bad impression to me as on my checkout , she was the only one at the desk and she was on a phone but she never directed another colleague to assist my checkout and totally ignored my presence even though I was standing in front of her and looking at her which makes me irritated. Another staff noticed me and rush over to assist me to resolve the awkward situation. However , I would still recommend this hotel for a good stay in patong area for family and couples.

Room Tip: Book suites rooms in the suite wing High floor Seaview
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kai1419
london
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at The Bliss for a week in a plunge pool room. The room was very spacious and clean, and the shower looking out onto the street (though still private!) was fabulous. The location of the hotel is great, and, even though the room backed out onto a main street, the room nice and quiet at night. And the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
The plunge pool was spectacular; it was cleaned and treated every morning. We have a 6 month old baby and being able splash around with him in our own pool was fantastic.
The only downsides were that the internet connection wasn't great, the air con unit was particularly loud (though a cheap pair of earplugs sorted that out), and every morning I had to point out that ants were crawling all over the spoons at the breakfast buffet. But if none of that bothers you, this is a great place to stay in Patong.

Room Tip: Go the plunge pool room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family