“Best place to stay in Phuket”
Review of Bodega

Bodega
Ranked #7 of 406 Patong B&B and Inns
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Best place to stay in Phuket”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the Bodega in August and was welcomed by a lovely knowledgeable staff. They made the time to give you information about attractions and even booked them. I was sent directions to the hostel in Thai to make it easy to get there from the airport and provided with easy access out with a shuttle that they also booked for me. The place is cleaned daily and the cleaning staff is lovely and trustworthy. I had no concerns about the security of my room or the security of the facilities in general. It is a good place to meet all sorts of travellers and to just chat with a great staff that makes killer espressos and smoothies. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I stayed in the private rooms and had a little balcony, my own daily cleaned bathroom, towels provid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

during my time at bodega i met some of the best people. The atmosphere around the bar/reception was just priceless and the manager at the time was probably the funniest thai i have ever met. The location is great and value for money excellent! I felt very safe at this hostel and i recommend it to absolutely everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm currently sitting at the bar in Bodega and this place is amazing!

First off, it's pretty much placed in the centre of Patong in a quiet street within walking distance of all that the town has to offer.

I cannot express strongly enough how friendly every staff member is here. They're kind, enthusiastic and always willing to give advise and help to us bumbling travellers whenever we need it.

I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it's cleaned daily which is lovely to come back to after a full day out on the town. From what I've experienced, the rooms are great. Air con is a plus too!

I've been paying 350 baht a night here as I feel like I'm ripping them off!

It's the second time I've stayed here in the past month and I feel even more inclined to come back again and again!

Do yourself a favour and stay at Bodega!

• Stayed August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed with some friends at Bodega in a 8 bed dorm room. The location is great, very close to the beach and the happening night life. The people are very friendly and helpful, and always up for a chat! The atmosphere is also laid back and social, just nice for a backpacking vacation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Northfield, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Bodega was absolutely excellent. I wasn't the hugest fan of Patong, but would absolutely return just to stay at Bodega again. The staff are incredible; they're helpful and friendly to the point that they truly make their guests feel like family. I was only there for three nights, but I still got hugs from the staff as I left. The food is really amazing-the Thai selections are truly authentic and delicious, and the breakfast options are great hangover cures. The overall atmosphere was wonderful. I traveled with three other people, and we only went out to Bangla Road (big road, lots of bars, pretty loud) one night. The other two nights we were perfectly happy staying at the bar and talking to the staff and the other guests all night. The rooms are quite nice, the beds perfectly comfortable, the bathroom facilities are as nice as can be....overall I truly had a fantastic experience here. Absolutely would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mira S
Okayama, Japan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed in Patong for 6 nights and 7 days, and if it weren't for Bodega, I think I would've found myself wanting to get out of there. The city can be very fun, but it's also pretty in your face. Bodega was a perfect respite--the staff was friendly and helpful, the prices were cheap, and the food was excellent. In fact, I barely ate outside of the hostel because the food was so good. I can't say enough about the staff at Bodega. There was always someone at the counter downstairs, and all of them consistently went out of their way to be helpful and ensure that their guests were comfortable.

This was my first time traveling solo, so I was a little nervous at first. Bodega is a great place to chill out and meet some great people. On several occasions, I was perfectly happy to just sit around the 1st floor lounge all afternoon. There are always people to talk to, and the atmosphere is very chill.

I stayed in an 8-bed room (the largest), so there were a few nights where sleep was hard to come by, but that is to be expected. If you're looking for something quieter, get a 4-bed or a private room. All of the rooms were cleaned daily, and I never once saw any bugs.

If you're in Patong, this is the place you want to be. Thanks for the good times!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris K
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I arrived late on my own and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. There's a great social atmosphere so it's easy to meet people. The staff are approachable to help with travel and transport plans. One day I felt Ill and they looked after me like family, which was comforting being far from home. It's a great place to go if your looking for partying and also relaxation on the first floor. Definatley would go back in the future.

Room Tip: I was in both 4 bedded rooms and they were cool enough in the day and night
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo